Chapter 5
32 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 5 / the hunter

____________________________________________________

'Well, fuck.'

[Ding!]

------------------------------------------------------

[Urgent-Quest: night fall.

■Defaulty: ^hard 

●Mission: Survive until sun rise.

○Check: □

¤Reward: #°]

{▪︎Advice: secure a safe spot as fast as you can.}

------------------------------------------------------

'The quest itself looks pretty easy and at the same time a little ambiguous for now.'

The Defaulty.

'If it was easy or even medium, the quest would have been more normal for it to be hard, I mean it's the first night, what the fuck can happen?'

'Anyway, let's get back to work.'

Checking the gray wolf for the second time and thinking about how to go about it, Cain pondered...

I have three choices.

'One, I can wait for it to go away and get some water.'

'Two, finding another water source and drinking from there, which is unlikely.'

'And finally three...'

'Confrontation and killing it.'

'Weighing my opinions, I definitely can wait some more time but the possibility that it will still linger around the pond is pretty high by the looks of it, as the wolf is breathing unevenly which means that it is probably exhausted...'

"Wait?"

Looking a little closer.

'The left front leg is bruised or broken by the way it's limping while standing and moving around, so it's probably hurt badly, if you look at it that way, it's pretty much harmless as there is no other wolf or pack around to be aggravated and don't even think about taming it.'

"So confrontation, let's get prepared."

After taking out the Spear from the inventory and spreading his feet in a throwing stance, right foot behind, left foot forward, he gets ready to lunch the Spear with all his strength and arch his back in an optimal position.

"Pheew..."

Eyeing the poor fellow with an indifferent gaze, Cain throws the Spear as fast as he can.

*baa*

"!!!"

"Whoooooo!"

The wolf immediately started whimpering and looking around not knowing what or from where it has been hit but because of Cain location, which is a blind spot under the trees shadow and behind some bushes, it couldn't find him even after searching frantically for some time.

{Ding!}

'Not now, notifications alarm and sound: off.'

{Generating direct data to the brain!}

'Oh? so i can interact with the panels without it being directly shown outside and manipulate it in my mind all the time, that's nice.'

 "Grrrrr."

'Now it's mad, let's flank it.'

After some quick thinking, Cain decided to attempt another attack while moving around form the left side so his cover is not blown away in the open area.

The wolf also started walking while limping to the other side of the pond, as if searching for something unknown.

Unfortunately for the wolf or better for Cain, it is going straight at the spot he expected it to move. 

'Got you!'

Gripping my Stone Sword tightly, which is still not very easy to move around with, I raised my arms and bring down my sword directly on its neck before letting it escape, finally feeling a sharp pain in its neck, the wolf looked at me with confused eyes as life left its body.

"...damn, that was anticlimactic but Atleast nothing crazy happened."

Looking at the gray wolf corpse with an indifferent expression, he sees the hole on its stomach as the result of his Spear and then the 'halfway' through sword slash on the neck.

'My sword didn't even cut all the way in because of my poor strength and I almost twisted my right wrist since my technique was so atrocious during the swinging period.'

After collecting my weapons and Looting the wolf corpse, which was similar to the rabbit, I moved toward the pond to finally drink some water.

Reaching it, I cleaned my hands and face before drinking Copious amount of water, feeling refresh after a long day working, gathering and some hunting, each gulp feels like a Luxury after all of that, it's my first day too as well so yeah, some peace is always welcome...

"Hmmm?"

'Wha-?'

Seeing my reflection, I'm stunned, not because of my appearance or the like but the scene behind me, immediately I stand up and look at the sky.

'How did not notice that before? Was it because of the trees?'

"What in the world..."

Sun.

No, let me correct that.

Suns.

Not one.

Not two.

And not three.

But four fucking suns.

And you know what's crazier?

Because the suns are very slowly setting, you can see the moons.

Yes, moons.

Let's not count the 'invisible' ones.

Two very visible.

Four in somewhat a pattern.

And almost twelve pathways, up to twenty-two.

Twenty-eight in total.

"..."

------------------------------------------------------

{Your Talent:[Focus] is activated!}

------------------------------------------------------

Soon, a calm feeling seeps in my whole being, subconsciously making me not lose my sanity from the revelation I have just witnessing, the most mind breaking thing about all of this is not the moons or the suns ,but the [logic].

Even during the fight with the wolf, because of my thirst and haste about the whole ordeal, I didn't even cared that much, to the point that not even [Focus] was activated, besides some adrenaline rush, every thing was going normal for 'me'.

I'm a gamer.

From starting the tutorial to up until now, the situation was expected or predicted, if not, I could figure something out in any given time.

But this...

There is no logical explanation for this.

I'm not an Astrophysicist and definitely not a genius physicist in any field of space, time and matter to know that something of this scale is not some simple 'law breaking' thing or event.

It's simply illogical.

Some may guess it's because of the mass or volume of the planet, but that begs the question.

How big?

Diameter of 100,000km?

More?

What about the gravitational force?

On Earth it's 9.8 m/s^2.

And Jupiter 24.5 m/s^2.

On this planet? Not sure, heh.

And the most important thing of all.

Life.

Because the activation of [Focus] helped me process my thought without Interruption, now l can think straight without any problem unlike before.

For all I know, we could be under water, intense pressure or even lava.

But none of those apply here as if this is all normal.

Heck, I might be overreacting more than I should but the possibility that I'm somewhere in the vast world, lost and on top of that with a new system, principle and law is mine boggling to me now that I think about it.

------------------------------------------------------

{Your Talent:[Focus] is strongly activated!}

------------------------------------------------------

"Phew."

'Let's empty my mind for a bit, fuck...'

After splashing his face with water to cool down a bit and relaxing on the grass, beside the pond, Cain thinks calmly about his future.

'First, surviving this night fall is the priority and I have to be ready in any given time or way possible, tomorrow problems are meaningless if I can't make it.'

After finishing, he stands up to head to his 'base' but suddenly stopped moving as a surprising notification pops up.

------------------------------------------------------

{Your Talent: [Awareness] is activated!}

[Danger level: E- Rank]

------------------------------------------------------

'...'

"Haaa, now what?"

0