Prologue: Summing Up Today
927 0 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Prologue: Summing Up Today

It all started in June when I decided to go to the library to do my homework. My goal was to complete them quickly so that I would have time later to go home and enjoy my two passions: playing video games and working on my manga.

That day, as I entered the library, I was met with an unexpected commotion. Four girls were occupying the place, chatting loudly and enjoying snacks and sweets as if they were the only ones in the room, without showing the slightest interest in complying with the rules of silence.

Immediately, a shiver ran down my back as I felt their gazes fixed on me from the moment I opened the door. They were intense, penetrating gazes that seemed to scrutinize every corner of my being, full of evil that provoked terror in me.

Besides, I must admit that I had never been a particularly sociable person. I lacked friends, let alone female friends. I had no experience interacting with women who were not part of my family, and at sixteen, the very idea of a "girlfriend" was terrifying to me. The word "woman" alone was capable of making me tremble with fear. I was a complete loser.

When they finally looked away, I managed to regain my composure, although the trepidation still lingered in me. I had seen these girls a couple of times at school and knew they were what you might call "popular," always attracting the stares of the boys around them.

I decided to take a seat several tables away from them in hopes that I could concentrate on my homework, but it seemed an impossible task. Their commotion was so deafening that from time to time I couldn't help but give them disapproving looks. However, Ellas noticed my stares, which led me to retreat into my homework, trying to remain unnoticed.

Just when I thought I could regain some of my peace of mind, everything went to shit due to my own nervousness. In one clumsy move, I accidentally dropped my bag, and all my notebooks and papers scattered all over the floor, right in the direction of where they were!

The girls, with a mischievous grin on their faces, hurried to pick up my notebooks while I awkwardly apologized. I was completely drenched in sweat, trembling and on the verge of tears, fearing their looks and reactions. But the worst was yet to come when they discovered my drawings, the sketches of my manga that I had made the day before.

Predictably, they started to mock and laugh at the situation, while I struggled to hold back the tears. I felt like just a loser, a crybaby who allowed girls to humiliate me like that.

After a while, the other girls in the group left, but the catty brunette remained. She continued to mock me, my drawings, and even went so far as to call me disgusting and revolting, which finally brought tears to my eyes.

Then, unexpectedly, he apologized and left.

Thus began my strange friendship with Nagatoro Hayase, the short, dark and thin girl who has been driving me crazy since the moment I met her.

Damn, she's incredibly attractive, but at the same time, she's incredibly evil. She makes me cry, plays practical jokes on me and often hits me, and I, silly me, let myself be dominated without knowing how to defend myself. Not to mention her friends, who are also beautiful and share that same mischievous spirit that is often directed towards me. In my life, I never imagined my world would change in this peculiar and challenging way.

"I mean, they all attract me, they drive me crazy, and if it were up to me, I would form my own harem with those girls. But I know it's an unattainable fantasy; none of them would see me that way, and I'd probably get a beating if I tried.

Besides, I'm exhausted that I can't be confident enough to stand up to my Nagatoro.

"Senpai, you're disgusting." Damn, why do I always think of those words? But hell, I love her too."

 

This story will have long and short chapters unlike my other stories since this one is more of a novel that I do for a while and without thinking much about a great backstory, just morbid that maybe many will like.

 

26