Chapter 12: The Reunion (2/2)
569 5 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Pancake, Pancake...” I sang in a melodic tone as we sat at the table waiting for the food to be brought out, my ears twitching in excitement.

“Sweetheart, you are really excited for pancakes. Have you not eaten any since coming home?” My mother asked as Sebas set the pancakes in front of us.

My ears dropped a little as I answered, “No, I ate some my first morning back home, and they were delicious, but...” I stopped because I didn’t want to make my mother feel bad by saying something unnecessary.

She gave me a warm look and said, “It didn’t feel or taste the same without me eating them with you.”

I gently nodded my head.

“You know, neither Eri nor I really enjoyed eating pancakes without you either, so don’t feel bad. However, now that we are back together, and Yami is here, I bet they will taste even more amazing than before,” my mother said with loving eyes that held a slight sense of sadness before taking her fork to my plate. I started to feel worried because of what happened to Eri at school when she reached for my food.

“Kyoko, I don’t know...” Eri was about to say before my mother stopped her.

“Don’t worry,” she replied before cutting a piece of my pancake and putting it to my mouth.

“Sweetheart, say 'nyaah'...” my mother said with a gentle smile.

“Nyaaah...” I opened my mouth and took the bite in. My ears started twitching happily, and my tails swayed back and forth.

“Is it good?” My mother asked with a gentle expression on her face as she watched my excitement.

“Mmh, it's delicious! Here, Mommy, try some.” I cut a piece of pancake off her plate and fed her as well.

“You're right, sweetheart, it’s the best pancake I have ever eaten.” My mother's nine tails swayed back and forth with excitement.

“Kyoko, how come Hina’s instincts didn’t take over?” Eri looked on with both love and confusion.

My mother laughed and showed a proud smile before she answered, “Well, I am her mother after all; it's only natural she won’t feel protective over her food with me. I am the one that provides it to her.”

Yami-nee looked on with excitement and with a slight look of envy. She then cut a piece of her own pancake and said, “Hina-chan, Hina-chan.”

“Yes?” I asked, turning to face her.

“Say 'aaah'...” Yami-nee replied, her violet eyes practically sparkling.

“Nyaah...” I did as I was asked and ate the bite she gave me. My ears twitched slightly from the taste.

“Your so cute, Hina-chan. I missed spoiling you,” Yami-nee squealed before petting my head.

As I was about to reply, I could feel a poking sensation on my shoulder, and when I looked back, I could see Eri. She looked like she was jealous of Yami-nee feeding me and was holding up her fork as well, and said, “Hina, 'aah,' for me too.”

‘Yep, this version of Eri is cute too,’ I thought to myself before happily saying, “Nyaah” once again.

Eri smiled happily and giggled, and then began trying to cut another bite to feed me.

‘Um, shouldn’t everybody be eating instead of feeding me?’ but I dared not say it out loud as they all looked like they were enjoying themselves.

The feeding me cycle continued for a little bit, but after eating three stacks of pancakes, I became full, and Eri and Yami-nee's stomachs growled, still hungry.

I smirked slightly before laughing because I could see my mother with a mischievous smile eating her second batch of pancakes after finishing her first. She was the only one to feed me from my own plate. Eri and Yami-nee looked at me laughing and joined in as well, knowing my mother pranked them into starting that competition. They then asked for more and started eating.

After breakfast, my mother said she needed to talk to Sebas and check in at the temple for a little bit, so Yami-nee, Eri, and I should spend some time together before Yami-nee goes home.

Before she left, I ran up to her and gave a big hug and said, “I’m glad you're home, Mommy, but don’t work too hard.”

Her tails swayed happily, and she hugged me back while rubbing my ears, causing me to purr happily, and replied, “I promise, I’m glad you are home too, Sweetheart. Now go have fun with Eri and Yami.” As she let me go, I ran over to Eri and held her hand. My mother’s ears twitched as if she remembered something while watching Eri and me with a warm smile and continued, “Ah, I almost forgot, Eri, I will need to talk to you later about your training and new role as one of Hina’s fiancés.“

“Training?” I ask out loud, tilting my head in puzzlement, my ears twitching with curiosity.

Eri giggled a little, seeing the question marks appearing above my head, and answered, “Yes, of course, Kyoko.”

After that, my mother left the room with Sebas. ‘I wonder what we should do together?’ I asked internally, looking at Yami-nee and Eri.

“What should we do together?” Eri asked, looking at both of us while still holding my hand.

“Hina-chan~, Eri~?” Yami-nee called our names in a cheerful manner as if singing.

“What is it, Yami-nee?” I asked as I looked at her, and I could see little stars sparkling in her eyes.

“I know what we should do together first, I want to hear about how, after you two finally confessed, Kyoko-sama is saying that you will have multiple fiancés. Your big sister is really curious, you know.” Yami-nee replied, jumping at me while holding my free hand tightly.

“Nyaah?” I cried out in surprise.

“Yami-nee, did Kyoko not tell you why?” Eri asked, a look of worry on her face.

“She said that I should ask you two.” Yami-nee replied.

Eri then looked at me for confirmation on whether she could tell her. My ears twitched slightly; we hadn’t really talked about the fact that I had to take one more lover after we confessed. I shook my head with a slight look of worry.

Eri smiled at me and rubbed my ears, alleviating my worries, causing me to purr gently.

“For Hina and me to be together forever, and she won’t be alone in the future, the Goddess told Hina about her immortality and a method on how to permanently share it with me, and to do so, Hina will have to take one more lover whom she can love just as much as me.” Eri explained, still petting my ears.

“I see, that’s great that you will be able to be together, but are you okay with sharing Hina with others?” Yami-nee asked, her face looking a little worried.

“To be honest, I am fine with it because if this is the way for us to be together for eternity, then sharing her with someone or people who love her just as much as me is a small price to pay.” Eri spoke with loving eyes and a warm smile.

“Eri...” I purred, hugging her, my tails wrapping around her.

“You two really love each other. I’m so happy for you two.” Yami said with a happy smile, but it looked like she was pondering something internally.

‘I wonder what she is thinking about,” I asked myself internally, my ears twitching with curiosity.

“Now with that out of the way, how about we go play hide and seek like old times?” Yami-nee asked in a cheerful manner.

Eri smirked a little while still hugging me, “Um, Yami-nee, you do realize you are 17, and technically we are all considered adults in the clan. Aren’t we a little old to play?”

“I know all that, but I want to reminisce and have fun. Come on, Hina-chan, you want to play, don’t you?” Yami-nee looked at me with puppy dog eyes and asked.

“Yeah, let’s play, can’t we, Eri?” I looked at Eri with my ears drooping slightly and puppy eyes.

“O...of course, we can, Hina.” Eri replied, blushing a little.

“Good job, Hina-chan.” Yami-nee laughed and gave me a thumbs up.

Eri gave an exasperated sigh as we went outside.

“Hina-chan, you're it. Count to 10 and come find us.” Yami-nee yelled while grabbing Eri’s hand and running off.

I giggled, watching her be so carefree. ‘You really don’t ever change,’ I thought to myself before I started counting.

“Ready or not, here I come!” I yelled out cheerfully, using my heightened senses to find where Eri and Yami-nee were hiding.

As I got closer, they both took off in opposite directions. Yami-nee was just as fast as ever, but now Eri was just as fast.

‘Who should I catch first?’ I asked myself, and then realized Eri was actually a little slower than Yami-nee.

I ran after Eri first and pounced as soon as I got close, catching her in a hug.

“I caught you, Eri~” I sang happily, my ears twitching, tickling her cheek.

“Yes, you did. Now, how are you going to catch Yami-nee?”

I giggled and answered, “The same way I did when we were children.”

“You don’t mean?” Eri asked with a slightly worried look.

“Yami-nee, if you let me catch you, I will do anything you want one time!” I yelled out, watching Yami-nee stop in her tracks immediately.

“Anything?” She asked, her eyes sparkling.

“Yep, I promise.” My tails swaying happily.

Then Yami-nee turned around and ran straight for me, her arms spread out for a hug.

“Caught you~.” I said as I embraced her in a hug back.

“You caught me, Hina-chan.” Yami-nee replied, laughing.

After that, we played a couple more rounds with Eri and Yami-nee being it, and they both caught me last. We then went inside and started eating some animal cookies for a snack. It was almost time for Yami-nee to go home, and I asked.

“You haven’t asked me for anything yet; you're about to go home, you know?”

Yami-nee giggled and said with a cheerful smile, “I am going to save it for now, and we will be seeing each other a lot more. After all, I do go to your school.”

“Really? How come we haven’t seen you?” Eri asked with a conflicted look.

“I will be transferring tomorrow. I had been busy with some things, so I couldn’t start right away.” Yami-nee answered, and I could see a look of sadness in her eyes.

‘I don’t know what she has been doing or going through, but I don’t want to see her sad.’ I thought to myself before hugging Yami-nee tightly.

“Hina-chan?” Yami-nee looked at me with a gentle smile, a look of happiness washing away the sadness.

“Yami-nee, please don’t be sad; I like seeing you happy. It makes us happy, and if you ever need a shoulder to cry on or vent to, Eri and I are both here.” I replied, still hugging her.

“Hina is right. You're our big sister, but you can rely on us.” Eri said, with a warm look and hugged Yami-nee with me.

Tears started falling down Yami-nee's face, as she hugged us back, and said, “I missed you two so much.”

“We missed you too, Yami-nee.” Eri and I replied in unison.

We sat there hugging for a little longer. After we all calmed down, I sat in Yami-nees lap and let her brush my ears while Eri brushed my tails, sitting beside us.

“Does it feel good, Hina-chan?” Yami-nee asked gently.

“Mmnya...It feels good.” I purred.

‘Double brushing is amazing,’ I thought to myself, as I was in a trance of contentment.

After they both finished, I gave them lots of affection back. I hugged Yami-nee, gave her a kiss on the cheek, causing her to blush, which made Eri snicker a little, and then I gave Eri a hug and a kiss.

“I forgot how really sweet and cuddly Hina-chan gets when she gets lots of affection.” Yami-nee said, looking at Eri, both of them still blushing.

I secretly took a picture of them blushing. A mischievous smile on my face. ‘I love this camera.’ I giggled internally, my tails swaying happily.

“You're right, but I think she sees it as showing her thanks and wanting to show her affection back. I just worry about other people.” Eri replied, a slight smirk on her face looking at me.

‘I have always given Yami-nee a kiss on the cheek, and I only kiss you on the lips, at least for now. You two and Sakura and Sayori are the only ones besides family I want touching my ears, you know.’ I grumbled to myself, before grabbing Eri’s arm and chomping her.

Eri smiled and said sorry before she pet my head, causing me to stop pouting. Then, she looked at the clock; it was time for Yami-nee to head home. As we walked her to the door, Yami-nee turned around and gave us a hug, saying, “I will see you two tomorrow.”

Eri and I exchanged puzzled looks because we don't typically leave our classroom unless it's something like gym.

Yami-nee giggled and said, “I’m sure of it.”

Eri replied, “Knowing you, I am sure you're right, Yami-nee.”

“See you tomorrow, Yami-nee.” I giggled, fully aware of Yami-nee's determination.

Before she walked out the door, she laughed and said, “Hina-chan, don’t forget about our deal, okay?” Then she left.

Eri and I looked at each other, still laughing, before holding each other's hands and returning to the living room.

‘I wonder what her request is going to be,’ I thought to myself, my ears twitching with curiosity, and my tails swaying happily.

Favorite Character Interaction:
  • Hina and her mother sharing pancakes Votes: 29 80.6%
  • Yami-nee feeding Hina Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Eri's jealousy and playfulness Votes: 5 13.9%
Total voters: 36
20