Chapter 14.5: Followers and an Aunt’s Perspective
446 0 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Aiko’s P.O.V.]

After Hina, Eri, and Yami left my office and went back to class, I turned to my sister and asked, “Nee-chan, is Grandma Kitsune sure that having Hina become the school's princess will help awaken her powers?”

“Yes, Grandma Kitsune said that for Hina’s powers to form, she needs to garner her own adorers and followers since she has inherited Grandma Kitsune’s will as a goddess and has even more than her. She says that the followers at the temple still mainly follow her, and not Hina, and adorers and followers are the source of a goddess or potential Goddess’s powers,” My sister explained with a perplexed look before she continued, her ears twitching slightly, “Grandma Kitsune said once Hina’s powers awaken, she is going to train her in how to use them properly.”

I could see in my sister’s eyes that a part of her doesn't want Hina to awaken her powers and start training; she wants Hina to keep having fun and smiling and not worry about anything.

“Nee-chan, it will all work out in the end. For now, let’s enjoy our time with Hina, now that she and you are finally home,” I told my sister with loving eyes and a smile.

She giggled and smiled and said, “You're right, now try to finish your work quickly today, that way you and Hina can play for a while when you come over.”

“Of course, I will get it done as fast as possible,” I said happily before rapidly doing my paperwork that is stacked on my desk.

After School

After finishing my work, I arrived at my sister’s home, and when I walked in, I felt a bucket of confetti fall on my head. When I looked around in surprise, I saw my adorable niece giving me a mischievous grin, her tails swaying happily.

Hina yelled, “Surprise!” before running to me and giving me a hug.

I hugged her back while laughing and said, “You got me good; I take it you are excited to play.”

“Mm, I thought we could play pranks like we used to.” Hina said excitedly, her tails swaying side to side after letting me go.

I laughed and said, “I like your style, so who is going to be our victims?”

“Eri, Grandpa Sebas, and Mommy.” Hina cheered happily.

“Well, well, what should our first prank be then?” I asked, feeling nostalgia from when I used to play with Hina when she was young.

Hina showed a puzzled look and said, “Hmm, I’m not sure, I don’t want to do a mean prank, but I can’t think of one. Do you have any ideas?”

I thought for a second, and a mischievous grin appeared on my face, and I whispered into her ear the first prank I came up with.

“That sounds perfect; let’s prank Grandpa Sebas first.” Hina responded happily.

After that, we made our way into the kitchen to make a ‘special’ dessert for Sebas.

As we were making the dessert, Hina asked me, “Aunty, can we make a real one after and give it to everyone when we're done with our pranks? I want to do something for them after.”

‘She is so sweet. I don’t think they would be upset or mad at all, but she still wants to do something nice to make up for the pranks,’ I thought to myself before telling her, “Of course, I’m sure everyone would enjoy a dessert you made.”

After we made both desserts, we took the special one into the dining room, and Hina called for Sebas, “Grandpa Sebas, can you come here, please?”

“Yes, what is it Ojou-sama?” Sebas asked as he seemed to appear out of thin air as soon as he heard Hina call for him.

‘You really are impressive, you doting old man,’ I thought to myself as Hina told Sebas, “Aunty and I made you a piece of sponge cake. Please try some.”

Sebas smiled before giving me an understanding look as he saw Hina’s mischievous smile. He then grabbed the fork and took a bite and said in a shocked manner, “My word, Ojou-sama, you used actual dish sponges, you know.”

Hina giggled and said, “Surprise, it’s literally sponge cake.”

Sebas showed Hina a warm look and laughed before, “I was, and how I love a good pun. How about I tell you two a good prank for Kyoko-sama?”

Hina looked at me with her ears twitching excitedly, waiting to see if it was okay since it is a game between us. I giggled and nodded my head. She gave me a smile and then turned to Sebas, her tails swaying happily, and said, “Mmm, please tell us.”

Sebas laughed and then whispered in Hina’s ear, telling her the prank, and I could see her start laughing before she told Sebas thanks and gave him a hug. She looked at me with a bright smile and said, “Come on, Aunty, we got a perfect prank for Mommy now. I will tell you on the way to her office.”

As we made our way to my Nee-chan's office, Hina explained the plan excitedly to me, her tails swaying back and forth like crazy. After we arrived, Hina knocked on the door and asked, “Mommy, are you busy?”

“Not at all, come on in, sweetheart.” I could hear my Nee-chan respond.

When we walked in, the prank began. Hina squealed to say, “Mommy, I wanted to let you know I bak....eeek Mommy there is a spider on your shoulder!”

My Nee-chan's face became white, and she ran to me to get it off her, “Aiko, please get it off, please, I can’t stand creepy crawly creatures.”

“All right, all right, be still, Nee-chan.” I giggled while responding, acting like I was getting the spider off.

“Oh, it ran, it’s in your hair now, Nee-chan.” I responded in a fake panic.

“Iyaaa!” She started panicking, rubbing the top of her head, when she looked up and noticed Hina and my mischievous smiles.

“There was no spider, was there?” She said in a slightly amused but irritated tone. Hina and I both gulped slightly.

“I’m sorry for scaring you, Mommy, I just wanted to do a prank with Aunty and Grandpa Sebas gave us this idea. Are you mad?” Hina’s ears twitched slightly as she gave Nee-chan a hug and looked up at her.

Nee-chan smiled and laughed and replied, “No, I am not mad at you; that was a good prank.”

She was gentle with Hina, but I know what was going on through her head. ‘Sebas, may Grandma have mercy on your soul.’ I thought to myself, seeing the fire in my sister's eyes.

“Mommy, I really did bake a cake for all of us to eat together later. If you want, it's to make up for pranking you.”

Nee-chan's tails started swaying excitedly and she said, “Of course I want to; it’s been so long since I had one of your cakes, I can’t wait.”

Hina cheered and asked, “Yay, I think you will like it. By the way, do you have any ideas on how I can prank Eri?”

“For Eri, hmm, I think you should come up with a prank for her; after all, you two are so close, you know her better than anyone.” Nee-chan replied and showed a loving smile.

Hina giggled and said, “You're right, I think I have an idea. I will send her a text of emoties.”

“Emoties?” My sister and I asked at the same time, not understanding what Hina meant.

“Those faces and items you send in text.” Hina giggled and replied.

“Oh, emoticons, but how are you going to prank her with those?” I asked, still confused.

“I am going to send her emoties for food that we don’t have and have her look for them.” Hina said as she started texting Eri.

“So, you're going to have her go on a goose chase?” Nee-chan asked.

“Yep, first the eggplant, then the peach, and lastly the water drops for water, and send.”

As Hina listed the emotes she sent to Eri, my sister and I both looked at each other before it hit us what those emotes meant, and Hina had no clue.

“Nyaah.” We both squealed, but we couldn’t stop Hina in time.

We then heard someone come running into the office; the person had a bright red face, it was Eri.

“Eri, how come you came straight to me without getting the food?” Hina asked, her tails swaying and ears twitching as she looked at Eri in a puzzled manner.

While Eri was trying to catch her breath from running, I asked, “Hina, why do you think those emotes actually mean food?”

“That’s what Eri told me.” Hina answered while still looking puzzled.

“I forgot to correct her...” Eri said out loud to herself.

“Sweetheart, you haven't texted those emotes to anyone else, right?” Nee-chan asked, an amused grin started showing on her face.

“No, the only person I have texted so far is Eri. Why, are they bad?” Hina asked.

Eri smiled and looked at Hina after receiving permission from Nee-chan to explain what they really mean. Eri whispered in Hina’s ear, and when she finished, Hina’s face became a brighter red than Eri’s, and she screamed, “Eri, you bakaa!” and chomped on Eri’s arm.

After which we started laughing as Hina hid her face behind her tails.

After everything calmed down and we went to eat the cake Hina made for everyone, Hina sat in Eri’s lap, and had Eri feed her and share her piece of cake with her to make up for earlier.

“You two are so cute, how you can make up so easily.” I said as I giggled watching.

They both looked at each other and laughed.

After we ate, it was time for me to head home. I gave Nee-chan a hug, and then I gave Hina a hug and rubbed her head, and I said, “I had a lot of fun with you today and remember to skip class sometimes and come visit me at school, okay.”

“Are you really a principal?” Eri asked while sighing.

“What are you trying to teach my daughter Aiko?” Nee-chan asked looking exasperated as well, causing me to laugh.

Hina giggled and hugged me back before saying, “I will think about it; I love you, Aunty.”

I smiled and squealed, “Eeek you are just too cute; I don’t want to leave.” I laughed and then released our hug and continued, “I love you too, my adorable niece.”

Which character's reaction to the pranks did you find the most amusing?
  • Kyoko Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Eri's Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Sebas's Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hina's when finding out what the emotes meant Votes: 23 65.7%
Total voters: 35
20