Chapter 16: School Day (Part 1) – A Healing Kiss
702 4 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We were discussing what I should make for everyone after school when we walked into the classroom, and all of our classmates that were in the room looked at us. 'No matter how many times this happens, I still can’t get used to how they all can move in unison. It’s scary,' I thought to myself, but then I looked at Eri and the girls.

'I have them with me; I need to be brave,' I thought to myself before shyly saying, “Good morning, everyone.” After I said my greeting, the room was silent, and I hid behind Eri and my tails, my ears twitching slightly.

“The princess told us good morning!” one of the female classmates cheered, and after her, everyone else followed in cheers of their own as well.

“Nyaah!” I squealed in reaction to the noise after which I tilted my head in puzzlement, question marks appearing above my head.

I looked up at Eri for an answer, and she gave me a warm smile, started rubbing my ears, and said, “They are happy you talked to them; everyone knew you are shy, so they didn’t want to bother you.”

'Everyone was thinking about me. They are all so nice; I need to say thank you,' I thought to myself as I purred from Eri’s pets.

After Eri stopped rubbing my ears, I turned to face everyone and said with a warm and bright smile, “Thank you, everyone, for being so nice and patient with me.”

‘Aw, I bit my tongue again,’ I thought to myself as I looked at Eri and Yami-nee with a small tear. Everyone, including Eri and my friends, cried out in unison, “So cute!”

I became embarrassed by everyone's reaction, and I crouched down hiding my face in my knees, my ears twitching excitedly. Before things became any more chaotic, Yuki-sensei came into the room and told everyone to get seated.

“Good morning, everyone. I hope everyone has been thinking about what clubs they are interested in. I have a couple of announcements again today. First, I met a nice man at a mixer last night; he said that he fell in love with me at first sight and wants to date with marriage in mind, but I turned him down.”

'Oi, this isn’t a topic you should tell your students, and wasn’t this the kind of man you were looking for, Sensei? You were really upset about the other guy not wanting to get married. I guess being single and an adult is complicated,' I retorted to myself, and it seemed the rest of the class were thinking the same as me.

As I heard Yami-nee giggling to herself, Yuki-sensei continued with the other announcements, “Secondly, Tachibana Hina-sama has been recognized as the school’s official Princess, which is a special title in the student council; she will be allowed to visit any of the clubs and join in or help out.”

I was a little worried about how my classmates would react since it seems I am getting special treatment, but to my surprise, I heard cheers of joy.

“Tachibana-sama is officially the school’s princess now, all right!” I heard a guy cheer, and one of the girls yelled out, “I hope the princess will visit my club.”

“Hey, get in line, we all want her to visit our clubs as well, you know.” Another female classmate replied.

I could only laugh at myself for worrying; I should have known my classmates were all really kind. ‘Now I want to visit as many clubs as I can.’ I thought to myself.

“Quiet down, everyone, I am sure Tachibana-sama is excited to visit your clubs as well, but let's get back to the announcements,” Yuki-sensei told everyone with a slight pout.

‘Sensei, that is a cute face you are making, but your words and tone don’t match; you need a stricter tone,’ I retorted to myself.

After everything, Yuki-sensei announced that we will have a club day in two days on Thursday so that the students not in a club can go and visit the ones they are interested in. Everyone got excited about a break from actual classes even if it was a last-minute announcement.

As Yuki-sensei was calming everyone down, I looked at Yami-nee behind me, who gave me a cheery smile. ‘I wonder what club Yami-nee will join; if I remember correctly, she is really good at martial arts,’ I thought to myself as I gave Yami-nee a smile back.

When I turned to face class, I noticed Eri looking at me with a smile and loving eyes, my tails swaying back and forth, and at my ears, my twitched. I was completely enamored by her smile. ‘I really don’t want to be separated from Eri either, but I want her to join a club she can enjoy. Plus, I really want to cheer her on.’

The class calmed down, and the class finally began; everything was smooth sailing. It was time for gym. As we got up and started making our way outside the classroom, I interlocked my arm with Eri’s, my tails swaying happily.

Eri giggled and interlocked her hand with mine and said, “I’m glad you were able to greet everyone this morning.”

“Mmm, I shouldn’t have been so shy; everyone is really nice,” I replied.

Yami-nee interlocked her arm with my free one while laughing and said, “You're so cute, Hina; of course, everyone wants to be friends with you.”

“I don’t know about that, Yami-nee,” I said while laughing as well.

When started leaving the classroom to head to the gym, I noticed Sayori and Sakura waiting for us. Sayori was all smiles, but Sakura had an exasperated smirk, and she said, “I am glad you three are so close, but how are you three going to fit through the door like that?”

After thinking for a second, I had a fun idea for a prank, and I answered in a serious tone, “We can walk through the door sideways.”

“Seriously?” Sakura asked with a twitching smirk completely baffled from my answer.

I was about to laugh and tell her I wasn’t really serious. Eri and Yami-nee both looked at me with teasing grins and said in unison, “If that is what Hina wants, then we will do it.”

They both started walking, pulling me and walked sideways through the door, never letting go. After we got into the hall, I noticed the rest of the class was watching us, and my face became bright red. I grabbed both Eri and Yami-nee's arm and chomped them both.

“Hina, I’m sorry; please forgive me, we just want to prank you too,” Yami-nee pleaded with me.

“Hina, I’m sorry for embarrassing you; please talk to us,” Eri pleaded as well.

“Hmph. Sayori, do you know what we are doing in gym today?” I ignored them both.

Sayori gave Eri and Yami-nee a pity look before giggling a little and said, “I think we are playing soccer today.”

“Soccer, that sounds fun; I haven’t ever played before,” I answered, my ears twitching with excitement.

I looked back and noticed Sakura patting both Eri and Yami-nee on the back, saying, “I feel your pain; when I make Sayori mad, I get the silent treatment too.”

They both looked at Sakura like she was a comrade in arms. I giggled at their bonding scene and walked over to Eri and Yami-nee. I locked my arms with theirs and held their hands; they both looked at me with a surprised look, and I said with a slight pout, “I will forgive you two if you both share some food with me.”

They both showed bright smiles, and Yami-nee said, “Of course I will, as a bonus I will feed you too.”

Eri gave Yami-nee a look and said, “No, I will feed her.”

I laughed at them both, already knowing how this was going to end in a feeding competition, but I’m not going to stop them. ‘Good thing I am cooking for everyone when we get home; I will give them extra helpings then.’ I thought to myself.

As they were arguing, we made it into the changing room, walking into the room separately this time.

When we started to get changed, I asked Eri to help me again; I still don’t feel comfortable getting changed in front of anyone but Eri. Eri performed her special move, lighting speed changing.

“Thank you, Eri, as always; I don’t know what I would do without you,” I said my thanks to Eri after she got us both changed, my ears where twitching with glee.

Eri smiled and gave a warm and loving smile while rubbing my ears and said, “You know I feel the same way about you; you give me the mental support to continue going every day.”

“Nyaan...” I purred, enveloped in the pleasure of Eri’s pets.

As Eri and I got lost in the moment, I could hear the squeals coming from our classmates.

Then I could hear Sakura, our levelheaded member of our group, trying to get our attention, “Oi, you two, come on; we need to get to the field.”

Eri and I both looked at each other, realizing we left the real world again, and turned bright red.

Sayori giggled at us and told Sakura, “Now now, I think it is sweet that they can’t get lost in their own world; I think it is romantic.”

Sakura's face immediately blushed, and I could hear her mumble to herself in a small voice that only I could hear, “I would like to do that with you.”

‘I am a little worried about those two. I thought things were going good after our shopping trip, but I guess Sakura isn’t brave enough to confess, and Sayori doesn't understand what she is feeling. I need to talk to Eri and Yami-nee; maybe we should give them a little push after school.’ I contemplated to myself.

After everything calmed down, we all made our way to the field. While we were walking, Yami-nee and Sayori explained the rules of soccer to me.

After we made it to the field, I said excitedly as my tails swayed rapidly back and forth, “I hope we can all be on the same team again.”

“Line up, everyone; today we are playing soccer; however, unlike yesterday, the teams will be randomly selected,” Kyoko-sensei told us all. I felt a little nervous about potentially being on a team without Eri, but I also felt this might be good for Eri, so she can learn to play in a team without having to lookout for me.

In the end, the teams that were announced were Sayori and I were on one team, and Eri, Yami-nee, and Sakura were on the other. Sakura was a substitute on their team; I was as well on my team.

As soon as the game started, the athletic ability of Eri, Yami-nee, and Sayori were shown through. Yami-nee and Eri had really good chemistry as teammates continued passing to each other with fluid motion, however, Sayori was not outshone in any way; she was amazing dribbling the ball and getting past defenders.

They were all so good; my ears were twitching with excitement from their skills. I wanted to cheer them all on even if we were on separate teams, and so I did, and I could hear Sakura joining me as well.

That was when Eri and Sayori both accidentally crashed into each other. I heard the whistle blow, and I started running to Eri to check on her. Sakura did the same for Sayori. Sayori seemed to be okay and got up soon after we reached them, but Eri was having trouble getting up; she was holding her ankle.

“Eri, are you okay?” I cried, noticing the pain in her eyes.

She gave me a light smile and pet my head, “Please don’t cry, Hina; I’m fine. I think I just hurt my ankle.”

I felt a little relieved from her smile, but I was still worried about her. That was when I remembered Nana telling me that I could heal injuries and sickness by temporarily sharing my life force with a kiss.

I immediately kissed her; my classmates squealed from my actions but ignored them and prayed to my Nana, ‘Please let this work. Even if it's a minor injury, I don’t ever want to see Eri in pain. I want to heal her as fast as possible.’

That was when I could feel a warm sensation flowing through me and into Eri, and a bright light formed on Eri’s swollen ankle. After we pulled our lips away, I leaned my forehead to hers, my ears dropping and asked, “Does it still hurt?”

Eri looked at me in awe, as if she was speechless until she finally said, “No, it doesn't hurt anymore. In fact, I haven’t ever felt better. Thank you, Hina. I love you so much.”

I blushed a little before giving Eri a smile filled with love, as my heart seemed to calm down. Then I replied, “I love you too; I’m so glad it worked.”

Yami-nee ran up to us and hugged us both, “I am so glad you're okay, Eri. That was amazing, Hina.”

Sakura and Sayori both also came over with relieved smiles.

The classmates that seemed to be in stunned silence started cheering; it seemed as though Kyoko-sensei was looking at us with a proud smile as well.

“Did you see that? The Princess healed her wound? That was amazing,” one of the classmates said to another.

“I know, it's like she was an angel or something,” another girl said.

I became overwhelmed by all the excitement and dropped to my knees, hiding behind my tails, from embarrassment.

Eri, Yami-nee, Sayori, and Sakura laughed seeing my reaction before Eri grabbed my hand and pulled me up to my feet, and she gave the most beautiful smile I have seen yet.

After a short time, Kyoko-sensei calmed everyone down and told Eri to rest for the rest of the game and told me I could sit out with her as well.

Eri and I watched the rest of the game together, cheering for all of our friends. I leaned my head on Eri’s shoulder, holding her hand, and said, “Before the accident, you seemed to be having a lot of fun, and I had a lot of fun cheering for you. I want to see that again. I know you love athletic sports, so please don’t worry about me, choose a sport that you enjoy.

I will cheer for you at every game, and if you somehow get injured, I will heal you over and over again. I just want to see you have fun and smile, just like how you want to see me smile. I don’t want to ever be the reason you held yourself back from doing something you want to.”

Eri tightened her hand in mine and said, “Thank you, Hina; I will do as you ask, and I feel I will be able to give it 100% knowing you are cheering for me.”

We both laughed and cheered together as the game came to a close; Eri’s team won in the end, and it was finally time for lunch.

‘With how crazy every day is at this school, I can’t even imagine what the rest of the classes will be like, but I am really happy to be a student here with everyone.’ I thought to myself as we started making our way to the changing rooms.

 

Author Announcement: "I turned into a fox girl in the real world?!" is officially caught up where it was before, but I will be going out of state visiting family and friends this coming week, and I most likely won't be able to update another chapter until we get back the following week. I will try to get some chapters written while I can so I will have some to post immediately when I get back. Thank you all for your continued support.

Fluff and Cuteness Rating Scale: How Would You Rate the Fluffiness and Cuteness of the Series?
  • Fluffier than a Fox's Tail! Maximum Cuteness Overload. Votes: 23 88.5%
  • As Fluffy as a Bunny's Fur! Incredibly Cute. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Like a Pile of Marshmallows! Sweet and Fluffy. Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Similar to a Soft Cloud! Decent Fluffiness. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Like a Porcupine's Needles. Not Fluffy at All Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 26
15