Chapter:1 Who am I?
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A young man opened his eyes slowly and found himself disoriented. 

  He told himself to remain calm and analyze

the situation, and then try to remember what had happened to him. 

He felt a throbbing pain in the back of his head and another one in his arm where there was a bandage. Observing his surroundings, he noticed several things, including an uncomfortable-looking bed that appeared to be a lumpy rock with a sheet over it, and a wooden mannequin. In front of the mannequin stood two books, some clothing, a demon-like mask, and a pile with a letter on it.

The boy sat with crossed legs, closed eyes, and furrowed eyebrows, trying to recall his appearance in this setting. "I cannot remember my identity or origin. 

It's odd -" I've always retained my knowledge, but it's as if everything about me has been erased." He rose, walked to the letter, unfolded it, and began reading. 

"If you are reading this, you may have many questions. We inform you that after surviving the aftermath, you must use the pill and read two books: one on martial arts and the other on QI absorption techniques. Practice Qi absorption while taking the pill. If after two months you have not learned these skills, you will not survive." 

Upon reading the letter, a smile crossed his face. As he attempted to recall his identity, one strong desire surfaced - that of achieving ultimate strength, to stand above everyone else. In this world, strength was the sole ruler, with weak individuals deemed a scourge upon society. The rulers of this realm would argue that there was little value in being intelligent as death could strike at any juncture.

My past and present are of little importance. My sole concern is to attain greater strength; that is all.

The boy contemplated his next move. "I believe I comprehend their objective, although I am not entirely certain. They sought to employ me, so I shall reciprocate. After all, there is nothing else I can do." 

He picked up the two books and began to read the [Shadow Qi Absorption] guide. He swiftly understood the technique and although he did not realize it, he had gained an exceptional comprehension of martial arts and related subjects that he would uncover later. 

He returned to his prior position, closed his eyes, and cleared his mind using the [Shadow IQ Absorption] technique. The initial particle that entered his core induced excruciating agony, leading to his loss of consciousness before he could process the event.

 

(Author's thought)

 

(Firstly, I want to clarify that I do not have a set release schedule for this side project. Although I will try to release several chapters, it will only be one chapter every two days for now. I am uncertain about the exact frequency at this point. I hope you enjoy reading it. Soon the protagonist will be getting a name as I'm tired of calling him "boy" like Kratos. Do you have the reference by any chance?)

 

 

0