Hardcore Fantasy – Chapter 17: A day off
295 5 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N: Hello there, I hope you’re having a wonderful day!

 

Just passing here to say that I corrected one thing in the previous chapter, more specifically, on Akihiko’s screen.

 

It’s only one thing but it’s quite an important detail.

 

Anyway, that’s it from me, have a good reading! 🍷😎

---------------------------

 

As it was still morning, after arriving at the dormitories, the group went to the big living room that also served as sort of a hub for the place.

 

A spacious open room with corridors going toward the different dormitories, a wooden floor, comfortable couches, a table with several fridges containing drinks going from alcohol to rare teas, and some exotic snacks.

 

Overall, the place was very inviting.

 

As everyone took a seat, they started to chat about casual things.

 

Akihiko maintained himself just as a listener, his attention was elsewhere.

 

‘1, 3, 7.’ – He counted seven hidden cameras that shouldn’t be there – ‘Mom is really going above and beyond.’ – The place had cameras but they were visible and were at the corners of the living room.

 

“But have you guys heard?” – A woman with black hair and hazel eyes asked out of nowhere.

 

“Heard what, Bianca?” – Roxanne questioned back.

 

“I don’t know if this is true as it’s more of a rumor that is going around, however, they say that the technology is starting to lose its effects again.” – She spoke with a grim look.

 

“…” – Immediately after she said it, the mood in the room almost crashed on the floor from how low it got with just those words.

 

“Is there any evidence?” – A woman with white hair, brown eyes, and a long lizard tail asked her friend.

 

“I don’t know, Monica. Even if there were, I don’t think they would tell us that. The situation is already desperate enough as it is.” – Bianca answered – “Elizabeth, have you heard anything about it?” – She turned her gaze to the bombshell of a woman who was in a daze, staring into the air.

 

“Eh?” – Said person woke up from her daze when she noticed everyone looking at her – “I’m sorry, I was distracted. What was the question?” – Elizabeth recomposed herself with a cough and adjusted her posture.

 

“I asked if you know something about the rumors going on.” – Bianca reiterated.

 

“Oh, the one about the technology, right?” – Elizabeth remembered hearing about it, and seeing Bianca nod, she spoke – “Well, it’s true.” – She stated nonchalantly.

 

“Huh?” – The group was stunned by her answer.

 

“If you pay attention to the current state of the war, you will notice this too.” – Elizabeth started – “I don’t know much as I’m not there, but I believe the frontlines are using less and less technology during battles, am I right?” – She added.

 

“…” – Silence descended on the room. Akihiko’s group couldn’t refute her words.

 

“Yes, you are.” – Melissa eventually broke the silence and confirmed it.

 

‘If the problems were only this…’ – Melody pursed her lips, she knew that what Elizabeth said was true, however, saying this was the tip of the iceberg might not be entirely accurate as there were still many things to come.

 

One of many aspects that the players of Rose Garden at the End of the World never understood was the fact that the races from Pandora had extremely advanced technology when compared to the players’ world, however, for some reason technology has little to no effects on monsters.

 

And to worsen things even more, throughout the gameplay, the technology starts to become obsolete, since it starts to become useless when around monsters due to some reason that was never divulgated.

 

The thing has become so bad that most machines, from the medical field to transportation, had to be reinvented with magic and runes in them.

 

Thousands of years of technology were thrown into the trash, making the races need to reinvent the technologies they already had and using magic, something that is a mystery to them.

 

“…” – Akihiko ignored the mood and picked a soda can from the small fridge on the table.

 

Just like Melody, he was aware of how things were only going to go downhill.

 

The greatest indicator was the current state of the Gardens.

 

With the races losing most of their technology over time, the higher-ups from the Gardens had a blade hanging above their necks with the possibility of the Gardens simply stopping working.

 

“Not like it was going to get better.” – Diana’s mutter contained what everyone knew but didn’t want to say.

 

No one really expects to win this war and even if they do, the group would probably be long since dead.

 

Most who are in this war have already come to terms with the fact that they will probably die uselessly.

 

*Clap*

 

Loudly clapping her hands, Elizabeth got up from the sofa and beamed a smile – “Let’s stop thinking about those things for now. Although it’s short, we were given today to rest, so we should make the most of it.” – She proclaimed.

 

Hearing her, the others eventually nodded. It was easier to see the world ending again than a soldier getting a day off on the battlefield.

 

“Having said this, how about a game?” – Seeing that she succeeded in dispersing the gloomy atmosphere, she proposed.

 

“A game?” – Melody parroted.

 

“Yes, a game.” – Elizabeth pondered before speaking – “How about some board games?” – She lightly flickered her wrist and several board games appeared on the table.

 

Seeing the diversity of games on the table, the group was surprised. They could recognize most of them since they were famous back in the Gardens.

 

“Where did you get those from?” – Eric asked in surprise.

 

“Heh, heh~” – Elizabeth gave an uncharacteristically smug smile – “I have my ways.” – She vaguely replied.

 

Then, she grabbed a famous party game known for breaking friendships back in the Gardens – “So, who wants to be beaten?” – She asked while shaking the board game’s box.

 

“I will accept the challenge.” – Surprisingly, Lathz was the first to agree with the idea, followed by Darlan and even Roxanne.

 

“I-I will too.” – Even Beatrix joined in, a rare excited glint appeared in her eyes as she looked at the game.

 

Eventually, everyone joined in the mood and agreed to play.

 

Elizabeth put the game on the table and started to set it up – “Alright, so everyone is going to play.” – She commented before briefly correcting herself – “Except Aki, that is it.”

 

“Huh? Why not?” – Melody confusedly inquired, that seemed too specific.

 

“Well, he cheats.” – Elizabeth spoke nonchalantly before her face contorted – “And no one knows how.” – She glared at him from the corner of her eyes.

 

Akihiko turned to her while drinking his soda and did some hand signals.

 

Elizabeth’s face twitched when she interpreted his words.

 

“H-He said that Liza sucks.” – Beatrix’s quiet translation was met with a sharp glare from the mentioned party.

 

“You are the one who sucks.” – Elizabeth muttered under her breath toward Akihiko as she finished setting up the game. Her antics rendered a few laughs from the group and the mood got even lighter.

 

After that, the group started to play and slowly got themselves immersed in the games, having something they hadn’t much ever since they were admitted into the Academy: fun.

 

And some quarrels too.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

As the hours passed, the group had switched between games, eating, and sharing stories with each other before night eventually arrived.

 

Noticing that the time to sleep was fast approaching, Elizabeth felt annoyed by it since she was having fun – “Unfortunately, I think we should go to our rooms before the lights go out.” – She put down the cards she was holding and got up.

 

“I guess so.” – Nyza muttered and also got up

 

They put the games away and Elizabeth stored them back.

 

Akihiko nodded at everyone and went toward his room, checking his bio-system to guarantee he got the right one.

 

“Well then, good night everyone, see you tomorrow~” – Elizabeth happily spoke before skipping toward Akihiko and entering the same room as him.

 

*Gasps*

 

She entered the room leaving behind a series of gasps.

 

“They are that intimate!?” – Bianca yelled in a low voice as her ears became slightly red.

 

“Sister Elizabeth that close to a man…” – Monica muttered in a daze.

 

“…” – If they were stunned, Akihiko’s group was beyond speechless.

 

They didn’t expect someone like Akihiko to have such a close relationship like that with someone.

 

“…” – Melody silently observed the door in which Elizabeth entered, completely still.

 

She didn’t remember the protagonist having such a close relationship with anyone at this time, so early in the game.

 

One strange aspect of the game Rose Garden at the End of the World, is that as sex is something common and even done for entertainment, which made things sort of switch places, and affection became something deeper.

 

One example was the fact that someone could have sex with another person, however, if they slept on the same bed, this relationship would be way deeper than just a carnal one.

 

As such, people normally don’t even have sex on the bed they sleep on, and the ones who do, normally don’t sleep with their partner on it, the partner has a non-verbal agreement to leave after the act, even if tired.

 

It’s a strange custom that most players just brushed it off as a quirk of the game’s world.

 

‘What is happening?’ – Melody couldn’t find any semblance of a plot in Elizabeth.

.

.

.

.

.

Meanwhile, Akihiko brushed his teeth and took a shower.

 

After exiting the shower, Elizabeth wordlessly entered the bathroom and took one too, as if she owned the place.

 

After she exited the bathroom, she put on some light clothes that exposed quite a bit of skin, and jumped on the bed where Akihiko was lying down.

 

Wrapping her arms around him, she pushed her whole body against his, pressing her more than abundant chest against him, and put her head on his chest.

 

*Badump*

 

*Badump*

 

She has a weird like to hear his heartbeat. She finds it oddly soothing, it always remains calm and the warmth of his body reminds her of the good memories they shared.

 

“Night, Aki.” – She whispered while tightening her hold on him and closing her eyes.

 

“…” – Akihiko answered by embracing her with one arm.

 

‘This feeling is still good.’ – He thought before using his clan’s technique and his body relaxed, entering a state of pseudo-sleep.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Elizabeth’s statuses

##############

 

Mood: Excited / Happy

 

##############

 

----------------

Hope you have enjoyed the chapter!

 

If you want to support my job, consider buying me a coffee at: https://ko-fi.com/kyle_kingsmaker.

 

It costs only $1.

6