A Short Overview on Magical Anomalies and Magic Clusters – Explaining Magic Arc (1)
29 4 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hello, I am Hunter Swan of the Shadow Hunters. Today I am recording some of my findings in this notebook. There are some peculiar things that I want to note. This world is very weird. The weirdest thing is the existence of magic. It has been proven again and again that the human body has magic but it isn’t usable. There are certain people throughout history that we refer to as monsters. Or the Shadow Hunters did. Currently, I am still tied to the Shadow Hunters, an organization that I don’t want to talk about now.

What is magic? I don’t know myself. I am just writing what I can find on my own and through the help of a certain person.

Well, what can come out of magic? Throughout the world, some things are called Magic Clusters. These magic clusters do nothing but cause trouble. We have a theory on how they work and it has been confirmed that they work in the same way, every magic cluster works in the same way but they produce the same result every time.

But let’s not get too convoluted in this. Let’s begin on these magic clusters work exactly.

There are different steps and stages in the life cycle of a magic cluster.

These clusters are long-lasting.

Magic Clusters take in the information passed down through generations of people. What a magic cluster does is take this information and store it over a long period, the lifespan of a magic cluster seems to be dependent on the amount of time that the generation of people has lived there, although there seems to be a cooldown period before the magic cluster reaches what we call an “expiration date” this can happen between 5-100 years before the last member of a certain lineage or generation has died out. It is theorized that every family or generation of people has a magic cluster attached to them, these seem to be mini-magic clusters, smaller than the magic clusters I was talking about above. These mini-magic clusters are usually not as potent as the bigger magic clusters and fail to produce any results, the only results that were produced were small and insignificant. But there is a catch to all of this, the smaller magic clusters form into bigger magic clusters once that has happened. They take and store all the information that they have received from that family/culture/generation of people. When it reaches the expiry point the magic cluster does something that we can’t explain to this day. It spits the information out in the physical form in the place where it was created. Let’s take 2 examples and compare them. One is an example where a magic cluster has created a living being and the other example the magic cluster has created an entire city from scratch.

Let’s take the first example, shall we?

How did it create a living being? The living beings or beings that were created from this are called Magical Anomalies, not to be confused with Monsters, Anomalies and Monsters are 2 different things. I will explain in another note of mine where I will detail different monster types and what magic they can do. These notes serve as my final writings before I pass on. I don’t know what might happen to me. In this war, you might not know if you will return home alive or not. Now, let’s get back to the subject at hand.

There are many cases where living beings can be created from a magic cluster, the most common way is to be absorbed by one. If a human is absorbed by one or any other animal it becomes a Monster, but if the animal or human is dead when it was absorbed, when the expiration date of the magic cluster happens a magic anomaly will spawn. However there is another way for this to happen, Magic Clusters can also spawn Monsters that exist in legends, it might be hard to believe but it is possible. Monsters that are from folklore, like ghosts and spirits become real through magic clusters. The more a legend is spoken and known in a certain period the more potent it becomes. There is another type of magic cluster, the semi-permanent magic cluster. It happens when only information is kept inside a magic cluster, these clusters can still expire, but if something keeps the legend or to be more precise, the piece of information we call a legend alive the magic anomalies that come from the magic clusters will always exist no matters what we do, they will keep spawning.

Now, to the incident I mentioned. There was once a town in a remote part of Romania a few hundred years ago or so. One day something akin to a black hole appeared in the middle of the village, for context, the magic clusters a small holes that float, they are usually underground and it’s hard to be absorbed by one of them if they don’t suck you in willingly. The magic clusters slowly began absorbing the houses and the families that live there, this process didn’t happen over a few months but 50 years, this is the quickest absorption ever documented by a magic cluster.

After a few hundred years the village is forgotten by time and no one has suspected a thing. That village was near the capital of the country, hundreds of years later, that village appeared against, things looked more modern and had adapted to the modern lifestyle. Everything in the village looked new, and everyone in the country remembered the village disappearing but it appeared again after hundreds of years, even tho the area has been searched a few times in the past 100 years as means of exploitation.

Damn it. The note is getting too long. I will have to cut it here.

I will write another note another time explaining monsters and their abilities. You can’t go into this world blind now, can you?

I will see you soon friends, Swan is signing out!

1