Chapter 1: Beginning of the ending
62 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

POV: Rosalee Mulv

 

...Half awake from the loud cheering, Rosalee open her eyes to see herself chained to a stage like a puppet by Damsteel, A mana draining metal. Loud cheering still continues as she hears the crowd bid for her, finally remembering what happened "I was caught..." she thought to herself. The humans attacked the hidden forest and hunted us like we were animals.

 

Stuck in this predicament all she could do was to wait and wish for an opportunity. 

 

"120!"

"125!"

"140!"

The bid continues until a man with dark brown hair, was well built and has a huge scar that lay on his left cheek called out.

"300"

 

The crowd fell silent for a moment until - "Ahaha Edward! You have to get all the elves, don't you?" Blonde silver hair, thin and in his fifties. "Ah Marquees Damee, you know my interest by now, any expenditure towards my research won't be of any waste no matter the price." The man with silver hair chuckled and left.

A crowd starts to form around the man who bought me "That man..." To the elves getting caught was practically a death sentence but that didn't mean they didn't have any information regarding it, few years has gone by and most of the elves were sold to one particular man. Rumors about him wasn't pleasant to hear. "The Baron's poison...."

While everyone was still talking I was led off the stage.

 

I was brought to a  dark damped room still chained. After a while of figuring a way a to escape, two man entered the room. The Poison Baron and what she assumed to be the owner of this filthy establishment. A scrawny man with slick black hair. "Baron Quietus I think you'll find that today's product to your liking!"

 

To suffer loss, humiliation and it end to be called a product. She felt nothing but anger and sorrow.

 

The man with the scar came close to me Edward Quietus "Greetings elf, your life is in my hands now, you may rejoice how you see fit." The man smiled at me, surely I won't die easy.

With nothing to lose anymore she invoke the calling of the spirits "Royal of spirit I feel thy presence near, as my life for compensation -" but before she could finished, the baron took out a dagger and pierce her palm. "AHHHHHRG" I screamed in agony. "Now then, no need to be hasty." the baron glared at her "What...? How did he... Also this Dagger, it stops the Spirit to flow?"

 

Though she still Damsteel attached to her, what most human don't know is that elves can still use magic without using mana, should they call upon the spirits that are nearby.

 

She stared at the baron "Where did you find this Dagger?" She questioned him, "No need for you to concern yourself with that" He scoffed and turned to the man beside him.

 

"Wialis, this elf was about to destroy the whole building if I didn't stop her, I expect you don't need me to tell you how I feel right now."

Flabbergasted he questioned "But how? She couldn't have any more mana and with the slave collar she couldn't possibly do -" before he could finish his sentence the baron came close to him "I have no need to lie Wialis, but its fine should you feel that perhaps I'm lying that will the end of it." Panicked, he stumbled to reply as quickly as possible "O-of course not lord Quietus, I will make sure everything you want will be prepared by the next time you visit our establishment!"

she couldn't keep up with conversation with still the daggered buried deep in her hand and still dazed from the questions she have. After hearing what he wanted the baron drag her out of the building and led her to his carriage.

 

The ride wasn't long but it felt like eternity. Hungry, drained, humiliated and still dagger in her palm, she could barely do anything other than breath."its seems there really is no escape for me, dying in peace was asking too much I suppose." The ride continues silently with me accepting my fate.

 

When we reached his mansion an elf with horrible black scar that dances across her face to her arms came to greeted him "Welcome back milord, should I prepare anything in particular?" He greeted back and said "Prepare the bath, I'll be going to my room with her for now." The elf bowed and left. "Lets go." Following behind, she passed through others who had the same fate as her. When we got to his room, what she saw was a torture chamber. Weird tools, unknown substance and smell of blood waft through the air.

 

"Sit down, I shall prepare what I need." Compelled by fear of getting a worst fate she sat down, even if she didn't he could have compelled her to do so anyway with the collar anyways there wasn't a reason to resist right now.

He walked to the tables with the tools and spoke "I'm sure you're worried of what to come but fear not I'll answer what you want to know, I simply have to make sure of some things." The man reached for my neck with a tool he grabbed from the table and began chanting quietly.

"Oh...Wak...Relea...Show...Upon..." after a while the collar came off, in a daze, she didn't know how to react of this sudden situation but only to have her mind brought back when he attach a metal rod to her that magically circled around her neck 

"There, now you have an even stronger collar on you. I know how annoying you royal elves can be" One after another she couldn't keep up he had knowledge of her blood? But how? "Ah I also know you have the eyes." But what he just said was the worst of them all. To know of her eyes is near impossible.

 

Before she could even ask anything he took the dagger of out my palm without a care and pour some kind of potion that he grabbed that was laying on the table.

 

"With you here my plan is just one more step until I can finally begin." The man smile with glee but I was horrified"This man knows too much. Whats going on here? Was there a traitor..?" deep in thoughts a knock came from the door "Come in" the man mutter still looking at her.

It was the elf with the scars from before. She bowed "Milord the bath is prepared and I have a message from...Mrs Grovn" She peaked at me and - "Should I relay it to you later milord?" the man turned to her and shaked his head "No, she's fine. What did she say? Also please don't call her by that name." She bowed and again "Of course milord anything you say. As for the message, I will play it to you" she took out a Crystal coin and played it.

 

"I did it! I Manage to understand what that crazy old fool was researching, connecting from space to another space, from one line to the next ahahaha I'm a genius you know?! How about it what do you think of my -" Before it could finish the she turned it off "I apologize milord I rather not hear anymore nonsense." The man smiled bitterly "Nevermind it." he took it and kept it in his pocket.

"Whats important is that Venara succeed, and its even faster that I expected but to think that today all the pieces are in play." The elf was surprised "Milord, you mean to say, that she is?" The man nod "Yes she has the eyes." The elf smiled "Milord, you did it!"

The conversation was getting harder and harder to understand but it didn't sound good. The man turned to me "You must confused right now. Since I'm in a good mood let me just tell you this, the "Prosion" has arrived"

 

....Did he just speak Ancient Elvish? Prosion the hero from another realm? Was he saying that summoning had succeeded? There was so many questions added to the already mountain like questions she had, very time the he talks. The elf bowed and left the room. The man starts talking to no one in particular "Riona, Theodore, its fine here. I need you to prepare for allot of things so get ready." She felt like she was two shadows moved.

 

"The time has come."

0