Chapter 6 “Nightfall”
342 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Looking at her, Noah was surprised that he saw a familiar face at this time of night. It was Fiona Frost, one of the protagonists from Spy X Family.

Same as Loid, she is a WISE Agent, and her codename is "Nightfall". She was a spy who would provide Loid with mission details and aid him in a situation.

Judging from what she called him, it seemed that Fiona had also been transported to this world and had thought that Noad was Loid, given Loid's codename was "Twilight".

Noah was a little bit shocked to see her. He had not expected to see her at this time, especially the Tracker, who hadn't given any notification or info that there was another character who appeared in this world.

But he remembered what Echo had said before, The Tracker only gives him a notification about another character appearing if they have any specific objective that needs to be done to send them back.

This means that Fiona in front of him is a supplemental character that appeared in this world just for the sake of aiding him in finishing the objective.

He couldn't help but feel nervous when he met Fiona. It was a coincidence meeting her. He was still a little bit nervous as he didn't have any clue on how he would explain the whole situation.

"Ah, hello there, Nightfall." He replied.

Fiona was surprised to see him at this time and place as well. She looked at him with her cold eyes and was a bit wary about the situation at hand.

"Twilight, where have you been lately? I have been looking for you and haven't seen you for two days now." Fiona asked him.

"I'm currently undergoing a situation of my own lately. Is there something wrong that you're looking for me?" Noah asked.

Fiona replied, "I have something to tell you. But we can't discuss it now in public. I need to tell you in private. Come with me."

Hearing what Fiona had to say about something, he followed her. She might have information regarding Anya's whereabouts as she was also transported to this world.

Both of them walked in the direction of another hotel building, several blocks away, where Noah and Yor stayed for the night.

They both walked into an elevator and entered a room on the top floor. Fiona opened the door and led him inside the room.

The room was a bit spacious, and there were not a lot of things around. It was a simple room. There was a queen-sized bed, a sofa, a TV, and a table with two chairs.

Fiona gestured for him to sit. As Noah was going to sit, she sat beside him.

"What do you want to talk about?" He asked her.

"I have been looking for you these past few days and wanted to ask about something."

Noah looked at her and asked, "What is it?"

"Have you noticed that things are not what they seem lately?"

Hearing this, he was a bit shocked by what Fiona had just said. He felt a bit suspicious about her question: is she trying to hint at something regarding the whole situation, or is she really aware of the whole situation?

"What do you mean?" He tried to ask her more to clarify what she meant.

Fiona didn't reply and just stared at him with her piercing look. Her eyes were looking straight into him. She was thinking deeply about something.

"This place is not what we think it is," She paused for a moment, "I'm not talking about the whole place we're in, but the region that we are in."

She continued, "I have found myself in a new place, this area. I cannot contact any of the WISE agents or The Handler about the situation. I have set myself on finding out some of the information in this place and have found nothing of what I have known before."

Noah listened to her explanation and pretended he was thinking deeply. He knew that Fiona was aware that she was sent to this world by an unknown force and was trying to figure out what was happening.

He touched his sin, "I am aware of that as well. Do you have any recollection of what happened in your case before coming here?"

Fionna gave it a thought for a while and shook her head, "Not that I know of. I was doing my usual activities before being sent here. I didn't remember much about it and what caused me to be here."

"So, you have figured something out." She said as she looked at him.

"Not much, I haven't fully confirmed yet. But, there is a lead."

"What do you have in mind?"

He knew he had to make a reason and had to play along with the character as well, "Someone might have employed a psychedelic method so that all of us were not aware the moment the person behind all of this ambushed us."

"We were then sent or, in a rough sentence, exiled to a new place, which is where we are now. To separate us and break WISE's operations that are ongoing." He finished his reasoning.

Fiona put her hand on her chin, "That could be a possibility. But how do you know that a third party could be involved in interfering with our mission?"

Noah was silent for a moment and said, "Someone held Anya hostage, and they thought it would be best for them to hide her and separate both Yor and me together. Though, we managed to get back together and are currently looking for Anya."

Hearing that Yor was here, her eyes frowned, "Yor is here as well?"

"Yes, she is also here. Yor is currently resting and staying at a hotel with me not far away from here."

Hearing this, Fiona only looked at him cold. She was not pleased to hear that Yor was here and the fact that she was here with him.

"Don't think about it much. What's important here is to find the mastermind behind all of this and seem to use Anya as their bargaining chip against me. I might need your help on this matter to ensure Anya is safe and discover what's happening to us." He added.

The moment she heard that he needed her help, her eyes widened. "Me?"

"Yes, I will need you and your skills in this investigation."

Her composure was cold from the outside, and she did not react much. But deep inside, her heart was fluttering that he wanted her help in doing this mission together.

She nodded while keeping her cold stare, "Understood. What would you like me to do this time?"

He searched through his pocket and pulled out a letter containing several pictures of Anya, who was being held hostage.

He passed it over to Fiona.

"Take these pictures and do a recon on the surrounding area where she was held hostage. See if you can find something and report it back to me. I would have done it, but I have other things to take care of first and wouldn't be able to do it all."

Fiona took the pictures and took a moment to look at them. She saw Anya being held by someone's arms, and they were on the road. There were also some places and areas where it looked like she was being tied in a building.

"Understood. I will investigate and find out more." She replied.

"Good," Noah held her left hand that was on the table, "I'm counting on you."

Her heart skipped a beat, and she blushed from his sudden touch. His warm and tender touch gave her the impression that he really did need her help and trusted her to be his trustworthy partner. But she needs to suppress that emotion at this moment, at least not in front of him.

"I will do my best." She said softly.

Seeing that he already got Fiona's help, he feels that going to his friend's house to ask for help in investigating Anya.

Although it would speed up the process, he felt it was unnecessary since Fiona could do it better, and he didn't have to go through explaining why he needed to find Anya.

He thought about something, "Oh, before I leave. Do you have any some sort of way for both of us to communicate? This place has a thing called a cellphone that would allow both of us to send messages. It would be good if you have one."

Fiona took out a cellphone from her pocket and showed it to him, "I have one."

"Already? You were quick." Noah was a bit surprised.

"It came with the person that had rented this room, so I took it from him for my personal use." She replied back as she looked at one of the wardrobes in the room.

Looking at her hints, he shook his head.

"Alright, we will use the cellphone. I will message you and vice versa if there is any news about it." He said as he stood up.

"Very well, I will inform you once I find anything." She replied back.

8