Chapter 9 “Restless”
247 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The man struggled to free himself, but it was no use. She was stronger than him, and keeping him down was not hard.

"Tell me, where's Anya." Yor said with a cold tone as she applied a little bit more pressure on his neck.

She continued, "I just need her location, and I'll let you go. But if you're not going to say anything, I'm going to kill you."

The tattooed man just sneered, "Like I'm going to believe you. You killed two of my men, and I can't trust a single word that comes out of your mouth."

"I was not the one who started this. This wouldn't have happened if you and your friends had stayed out of the way. Now, are you going to tell me or not?"

"Why are you doing this, anyway? Just pay us the money we asked you, and no one will get hurt. Your daughter will be fine, she will not be harmed, and all's well that ends well."

"So you're not even going to surrender, given your current situation." She said as she kept on giving the man pressure with her leg.

The man only laughed hearing this response, "Why should I? You can't do anything about it. You know we have a lot of connections inside the government. You can't do shit. No one will believe you even if you try to report us."

Yor looked at him coldly, "You've given me no choice, then."

She put her whole weight on her foot and pressed harder. The tattooed man felt his throat being squeezed, and the pressure was getting heavier and heavier.

She was applying her whole weight on her leg, and the pressure was making him choke. The man's face turned red, and his breathing became erratic.

She started to reach out for his hand and played with his finger.

"I'll snap one of your fingers one by one every time you try to avoid answering my questions." She said as she snapped the first finger.

"Argh!" The man screamed in pain.

"Tell me. Where is Anya?"

"Go to hell." He growled.

She then snapped his second finger, which caused the man to scream again.

"Are you gonna tell me or not?"

He gritted his teeth, "You can do whatever you want, but I will not say anything."

Her expression didn't change, and she snapped the third finger.

The man's fingers were already broken, but he did not budge. She continued to apply more pressure and was about to break his fourth finger.

"Are you ready to answer my questions now?"

The man spat out blood and started coughing.

“Y… you wish…”

Yor was starting to get frustrated, and she continued to apply more pressure on his neck, and she broke his fourth finger.

This scene continued for several minutes where she would ask the same question repeatedly, but the tattooed man was strong-willed that he wouldn't give out any information at all to her.

His fingers were already broken, and his neck was almost crushed. Yor had enough of his stubbornness.

"Last chance. Tell me now, and you can live for another day."

The tattooed man just kept glaring at her, and it was obvious he was not going to answer her questions, "Fuck you."

Yor looked at him with a blank stare. She didn't show any emotion. Not even a sense of mercy can be seen.

With her full strength, she started to crush his neck with her leg. A crisp snapping sound came from his neck, and the man's body stopped moving.

The man's eyes rolled back, and his whole body became limp. His face was turning blue, and his lips had turned purple.

Yor lifted her leg and stepped on the ground. She looked at the man's dead body, and she didn't feel anything for the man she killed.

There was no use asking the man anymore. He is very persistent in keeping it a secret, even to the point he is willing to give up his life for it.

After the man died, she checked his pocket for any clues or documents that could lead her to Anya's location.

There was practically nothing of note that she could find inside that man's body except for the rectangular device that was inside his pocket.

It was a phone, and she picked it up and checked it.

Several messages were back and forth between him and someone from his group. She could also see a message where he asked the two previous guys she killed to come as she was tailing him.

She looked through the rest of the contents, and several calls came from an unknown number. It seems like this man has a connection to the person who has taken Anya. She took it for her own investigation later.

There was a message asking if the tattooed man had already finished dealing with the stalker, in which she could assume it was her. She plans on luring them later and replies to their message that he will be late due to the stalker being annoying.

Yor looked at the time, and it was almost 9 PM, which meant her husband should be on his way back. She decided to return to the hotel before Loid did.

Yor quickly left the construction area without hiding their bodies and tried her best to find her way back. After what seemed like forever, she finally found her way back to the hotel and went up to her room.

Once she was inside the hotel room, she saw that Loid was not inside. It looks like he's still not here. She was relieved about it and started to take a shower while waiting for him to come back.

----

Not long after, Noah came back to the hotel room where they were staying. He brought some food for dinner on his way back, and it took him a little bit late since there was a long line.

He opened his hotel room door and could hear that someone was in the bathroom.

As he closed the door, the bathroom door opened and revealed Yor wearing her bathrobe. She had just finished taking a shower and was drying her hair with a towel.

Yor looked at Noah, "Welcome back. You're a bit late."

Noah took off his shoes, "I'm sorry for making you wait. I bought food on the way back, and the line was long."

He set the bags of food on the table and sat on the sofa, "I heard about a Japanese restaurant that has authentic food, so I have to check them out."

Yor smiled and walked towards him, "Is that so? I'll prepare it for you while you can take a shower."

Noah nodded, "Thank you."

As Yor prepared the food for him, Noah went to the bathroom and took a shower.

Once he was done, he came out wearing his bathrobe and joined Yor on the table. They both sat down and started eating. Yor was very quiet, and it seemed that her mind was occupied by something else.

Noah noticed this and said, "Oh, yeah. I just talked to someone else about Anya's investigation, and they have taken care of it."

Yor stopped eating and looked at him, "Really? Did you go to the authorities or anything?"

Noah shook his head, "No, I don't think the authorities will do, and it's too risky to involve them since they may have someone working for them. Although I met someone who could help us."

Yor's expression didn't change, "Are you sure we can trust this person?"

Noah kept eating, "Don't worry about it. They're someone I knew and trusted deeply. We can just sit back and wait for future updates regarding the situation."

She didn't say anything about it, Noah could tell she was still worried, given there was a time limit before things went out of control.

Looking at this, Noah put down his utensils, "You know? I'm not saying that I don't care about her at all, but I think we should have time for ourselves. For yourself also."

"What do you mean?" Yor looked at him, feeling confused.

He smiled, "Well, I'm just saying that we should go out and enjoy our time together doing something else while at it."

Yor tilted her head, "You mean… like a date?"

He nodded, "Yeah, pretty much. I think we could use a bit of distraction, you know, to get things out of our mind."

She thought for a moment and smiled, "Okay. Where are you going to take me?"

"That's a surprise. I promise you that it's a place you have never been to. It will be something special."

Hearing this, she laughed a little, "I'm looking forward to it."

9