We have to accept the world we’re living in
245 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I hear loud whistle noises coming from every single one of those Onion Aliens while what appears to be steam is emitting from their ears.

Before anyone of us can react, two of them start quickly running up to me.

They try jumping on top of me.

Sorry you little guys. Right here right now is not the time for me to die! Let's Test the Power of the suit.

I just have to believe that I can do it and then I'll be able to harness all the strength I need.

I try hitting both of the Two small Onions, which get to me the fastest.

As I hit the first who's jumping on me, my fist goes right through his Abdomen and creates a hole in his Upper Body. I can see a bunch of his innards leaking out. It also smells really bad.

*Wurgh

...This is something I have to get used to.

"AAAAH!" I hear Kishimoto scream. There was no way I could've eased her into this, with the Situation we are in right now. This is a make or break for both of us... I really hope she doesn't get destroyed by this...

I have Shut the Lights out of the first one but he is still Stuck to my Arm so the other one Approaches.

He also tries jumping and hitting me with his lettuce. I move my free Left Arm and swing at him with the backside of it.

As soon as I make contact with him he completely changes trajectory and shoots into a property separating Wall.

On impact with it, he pretty much explodes into a green gory mess and a lot of it is splattering on his... relatives? Some of them get it in their eyes and squint while the rest just looks in complete Shock.

While everyone including me is stunned, the remains of the other one slowly slip from my Arm and fall to the ground

*thud

I gaze over to Kishimoto holding a hand over her mouth being devastated over what she just had to witness.

I stare at the ground.

Am I not just as cruel as Nishi or those lunatics from the Osaka team?

Isn't this all just a giant Broadcast for rich assholes to be entertained?

I hear the remaining bunch of the Onion Aliens fast approaching and piling me up from head to toe, burying me.

The small Slashes, punches, and spits don't really hurt through the suit but I can't see any of my surroundings and their pressure feels daunting, as I am enveloped in darkness.

Maybe my drawn-out ideology for this new life was just a fluke to impress Kato and my own certainty.

I am not the real Main Character of Gantz. I'm just what the Ball said I was, an Imposter.

And isn't this whole Story about the insignificance of Human Lives anyway?

The big alien God entity at the end, who answers all questions just throws us in with every other live form and creates and kills Human life in seconds just to accentuate how unimportant we are...

No matter how hard I try, I'll probably just get killed by it at the end, prossibly in the same way Kurono's clone was...

Maybe it would have been better if i had stayed dead on those Train Tracks....

I hear loud screams from the outside that seem to come from Kishimoto, but I can't make out what she says.

She's probably also in despair from seeing me massacre these little people. She deserves better than the desperate pervert I am deep do-..

*KA-SPLASH!!

I hear a loud splashing explosion coming from my left. There is again gore from the Onions flying into my face but I also witness the small glow of the Moon and the lights of the apartment shining back on me again.

I gaze in the direction of it and directly look into Kishimoto's eyes. She looks scared but still determinedly holds the X-Gun in her Hands.

"Let go of him you Monsters!!"

*Rrrrawwr

I hear the sound of Rice at my feet and he seems to have bitten away two other Onion boys and I can see the Vains of the Suit becoming visible all around him.

...

 

How could I fall into self-pity again with the first challenge this new live is presenting to me?

What I said about all this being about the insignificance of Humans isn't true.

This World, especially this Version of it is crushingly cruel but...

The Moral isn't that we should all become nihilistic.

All the hero main Characters in the Original Story get brought down time and time again, but still persevere and try to find the good that is still left in this world, to create happy lives for themselves.

This isn't about our insignificance.

This is about the indomitable spirit we all possess, that leads us to victory even if all the odds are stacked against us!

I try to feel every muscle in my body and concentrate on trying to use the Gantz Suit to its full extent.

I can feel and see the big black Artery-like Veins appearing all over it again.

There is one other important Moral that Gantz tries to convey to us.

It is to be healthily selfish.

And that has to be the reason why I am in this Body right now.

This is an Opportunity, not a curse.

Before I got into this Situation I always dreamed of becoming the Hero in this story.

I want to be the guy who heroically defeats all the Alien Invaders, I want to use and enjoy all this power that is donated to me through this equipment, I want to help the people who have enough Willpower and strength to come out of here alive! And I want to flirt and possibly sleep with all the gorgeous Woman who are brought into that Room! I-I-....

"I WANT TO LIVE!!"

As is I scream my heart out, I use all the might I have and spin while stretching out my arms so the Onions finally let go of me.

I almost create a small Tornado and all of them are either blown far away or burst after getting into contact with the ceiling or walls that are around me.

Both Rice and Kishimoto seem to be in complete awe of what I just did, while I can see Tears forming in my female friend's eyes. She stumbles down onto her knees.

I walk over to try and console her but before I can clear the distance between us, I feel a radiating heat coming from behind me.

" I ain't giving you anything." I hear a dazed inhuman voice behind me

As I turn around I see the statures of the two tall grown ' stoner Onions' from before standing at the entrance of the apartment. Only this time they have the Sticks out of their Mouths and while before they were just lightly glowing at the end, now they have become completely ignited.

It seems they also aren't caring about what they are doing with them, as I can see through the gaps in the apartment, there whole Room appears to be engulfed in flames.

How do those Sticks even work? Shouldn't they burn down at some point? And more importantly, aren't these plant people? Shouldn't they be fearful of fir-...

Okay, i just acted against one of the core rules of Gantz: Never try to understand these alien creatures.

They both step out of the Door while the whole House continues to be taken over by the fire. They really don't seem to care.

They look around and witness the Corpses of the small Onion Boys being gathered all over the area.

Here comes the angry phase, sometimes Gantz is just so similar to a Videogame

... or not

 Instead of showing any emotion both of them look around disinterested until they see me at the ground, just closely reaching half their height.

"I ain't giving you anything." they repeat again.

Both of them Hold their 'Flame Lettuces' high into the air, unintentionally igniting the Porch from which the Onion Boys jumped down earlier, which Kishimoto is still sitting under. Right before both swing at me with them at the same time.

I make a perfect attempt at doing a Backflip and avoid both of their strikes

"These don't seem to be that big of threat" I think out loud

Until I see two balls of fire approaching me while I'm still airborne.

" What the.."

*Boom!!

Before I could finish my thought both of them hit me knocking me back into the same wall that the second onion boy got smeared all over. It crumbles behind me.

"Aaggh! It Burns!! This is the first time something really hurt me in this suit."

I try standing up to focus my gaze back on what is in front of me. And I have to say the sight isn't really easing my nerves.

I see the House in the back now completely inflamed already collapsing, while the Sillhouettes of the Two Aliens are standing right in front of me, preparing for their next Attack.

I don't think I can get up right now. I'll have to endure one more strike before I can counter but... is the suit going to live through that?

*Bark

Before I can accept the Pain that is coming for me, I see Rice courageously jumping on the neck of one of the Aliens trying to bite its head off.
The Alien Rice Attacks panics and wildly flailes its arms, dropping its weapon, which melts into the concrete.

" I ain't giving you anything!!" it says in a distraught manner.

The other one also drops its stick and tries to help its friend in grabbing onto the ferocious Dog, who isn't letting go. Rice really clamps down on him and I can see how his teeth ingrate into the flesh.

This Dog is a fucking mad lad

*KA- SPLASH

While I still admire Rice's Bravery, the upper body of the Alien who tried to help its friend, gets completely annihilated and his body being just his legs now reveals Kishimoto behind him, with her X-Gun just Shot, heavily breathing.

She is so much more Badass than in the Original.

The remains of the Dead Alien Sag to the ground and while I am relieved to see Kishimoto all right and well there is another danger in our immediate range.

The Other 'Stoner Onion' seems to become completely enraged, as I can see its light green skin becoming a deep red and also starting to radiate the same heat that I felt when the two Fireballs hit me.

Its Hair which before had a wavey length going down its head, now completely stands up and appears to also be on fire.

Now there's the rage mode.

" I AIN'T GIVING YOU ANYTHING!!" it roares.

It goes on to wildly shake its head, so that Rice loses his stronghold and crashes to the concrete, making crevices in the ground. After which he only gives off a short whimper.

I guess he's out for the count. Be proud of yourself you fought well.

As much as I would like to take care of Rice right now, our opponent makes his way over to Kishimoto in just short fractions of time and swings his hand back from which long fiery claws extend.

"AAAAAH!" Kishimoto tries to use the X-Gun but it is slapped out of her hands by him and he goes for what seems to be a Slash to cut her head off, with both claws.

Kishimoto who seems to have accepted her fate closes her eyes but before she can decide on her Last will, I use the power of the Suit to basically blink in front of her and catch his incoming Appendages. Holding them in one Spot.

I can feel the burning heat on my Hands, through the suit, from touching his enflamed body. It's the same strong heat i felt when i got hit by those two fireballs earlier.

But I can't let go. I can't lose. I want to survive!

"You won't kill us!" I declare as I use all the power I have to push his Arms back, trying to break them so I can get a clear hit.

But... this guy's too strong... my Hands Hurt so much... I can't Overpower him...

".. Kurono.." I hear Kishimoto beginning to speak ".. I know you can do it!! Let's make it out of here alive!"

Well if she's believing in me...

There ain't no giving up right now. But I only got one chance...

I gather all my strength, for this final move:

I push both him and his arms back as much as I can so that he stumbles and takes a step back while leaving his chest exposed.

"I' ain't!!-..."

In this small time frame, I use the suit to power up my legs and shoot right into his chest, while stretching my fist forward.

*SPLASH!

His entire innards are flowing into my face for a second but I roughly land on the pavement behind him.

" giving you anythi-.." he says with a weak voice

*Bam

The rest of his body crashes to the ground.

It seems as if we finally defeated all our enemies.

I run back to pick up Rice, only to see that his Suit is leaking blue liquid.

So it's broken... Rice I'm proud of you, you have proven yourself incredibly helpful it's sad to see you g-...

*Whimper

Rice is still not kicking the bucket huh? Well then let's make sure you survive the rest of this.

I pick him up and lay him over my shoulder.

I quickly go over to Kishimoto who's still kneeling on the ground looking down and appears completely silent. I pick her up so she doesn't get hit by the falling debris of the Flaming apartment.

Let's get out of here

I super jump a few blocks away and put both of their weak bodies at the side of the Road.

Man, I can't believe we actually survived. Why does the first Mission have to be so hard? All this wasn't in the original!

" Kei..." I hear Kishimoto's Voice who seems to have stood up to walk over to me.

She looks like she is overestimating herself as she clearly can't go straight and almost falls over, but I catch her before she hurts herself.

She leans into me and puts both of her arms around me as I do the same and kneel down a little bit so her Head can rest on my shoulder.

*Sniffle Sniffle

I hear her crying and feel her tears on the side of my head

"K-Kei i-i-i..." she is having a hard time forming a sentence " I was so scared!" more tears begin to flow down her face.

"It's all right... let it all out..." I try to console her squeezing her tighter "... I am here. Let's try to focus on the here and now."

As I  caress her in my arms and try to calm her down there can be Sirens heard in the background and blue lights appear to be approaching the remains of our battle area.

 

Sorry guys i hope this wasn't too melodramatic for all of you. I promise not the entire Story is going to be like this

 

6