1 – Transmigrated to a mob
50 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Blond hair, red eyes, and a well-conditioned body. I stared at myself in the mirror, and what reflected back wasn't the dull, usual face of a middle-aged man, but that of a young guy in his twenties with a punk expression.

The worst part was knowing whose appearance I had taken on: Kaiser von Jaker, a random supporting antagonist who shows up at the beginning of my favorite novel, Isekai Rune.

Many didn't fancy this novel much due to its chaotic and nonsensical happenings. The protagonist simply hopped from one problem to another while living as a student in a hero's school, following the destruction of his village by demons upon reincarnation.

However, I personally enjoyed this story. Each fight seemed vivid, unlike the cliché where the protagonist defeats enemies with a single punch. Here, it was the opposite.

Dictators, demons, bloodthirsty villains - they almost always killed him. Many found it agonizing to watch the protagonist get beaten down and rise again, but at the last second, he would stand, fighting alongside beautiful girls who fell for his bravery. The typical classic shounen.

I touch my face, observing in the unnecessarily ornate mirror in front of me; a scowl appears on my reflected face.

And where does Kaiser, now me, fit into all this, you ask? Simple. I'm just a supporting character used to showcase the evolution of other characters.

A ne'er-do-well who doesn't work and lives as a playboy, the son of a count with connections in the underworld, doing everything to gain more power and get closer to the emperor ruling the empire with an iron fist.

Arthur, the protagonist, is strolling through the streets during his vacation with his childhood friend when Kaiser approaches, harassing her. He tries to force her to be his, infuriating Arthur, who fights with Kaiser, beating him. Kaiser runs off to tell his father, a good spoiled son unable to believe that someone dared disrespect the authority of the Jaker Family in their own territory.

This triggers Arthur's saga with his friends, exposing the corruptions of the place. Like every cliché, in the end, I end up being imprisoned and confined as a slave with my father, bankrupt after all his businesses are ruined.

"Argh, what do I do? This is bad, very bad."

I put my hand to my head in frustration.

"Huh, master... breakfast is already prepared."

A visibly startled maid knocks on my room's door.

"Oh, right, sorry."

"Eh, he apologized?! I mean... Of course, of course! Your father is waiting!"

Why is she like this?

Oh, right, Kaiser was quite arrogant, wasn't he?

I guess I'll have to act more while I can't do anything.

"Yes, get out of the way of the door..." I look at her still with a grumpy expression due to the whole situation I find myself in.

"S-sorry!"

The maid runs off somewhere.

Ah, this is going to be more difficult than I thought...

1