Chapter 10: Dragoness Arnia – shaman’s rejection
58 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 10: Dragoness Arnia - shaman’s rejection

While the goblins were divided into 25 tribes due to their extremely large number, Kobolds were divided into only 5 tribes. This was due to the inner turmoil among the kobolds that had been caused years ago.

Due to the division, the kobolds' strength reduced significantly. While being smart was a good trait of theirs, due to either bad leadership or encountering extreme conditions, death was simply unavoidable. Needless to say, their numbers ended up being reduced significantly, now ranging in fifties and sixties.

The Stone tribe, apparently the strongest tribe out of all, had double the number of kobolds - nearly a hundred. Though, if they had to fight against four other tribes, it would be 100 versus 200, which would be a tough situation.

Needless to say, Girukstone had it planned, honoring it to be perfect. In the battlefield, what they need is a brave warrior and not mere numbers, and apparently, the Kobold tribes had a few such warriors.

The most noticeable was Girukstone himself. Just his gigantic body was enough to send shivers down anyone’s spine. It was a common rumor among the Kobold tribe that Giruk had the strength to crush boulders with his bare hands while squeezing them like lemons.

Other than him, there were three other kobolds who were a bit bigger than the average Kobolds. They wore torn armor that resembled clothing.

Everyone looked fierce and hungry for unification. Some didn’t understand the concept and just came for the hype of war that had been built.

As this was a non-informed sudden invasion, Lake and others had no idea regarding it. If they did, even with Ella, they wouldn’t have let Azeth and Dirt depart for hunting as they could come across the Kobolds somehow.

...

“Say, how far must we go?”, Azeth asked as he shifted his gaze from left to right, finding no monster or creature in his sight.

Dirt walked calmly in the front, and Ella walked behind all of them. Her attention was at maximum as she remained alert all this time.

“A little further, master. The monsters avoid this area because of us, so a little more walk, and we will reach a place dwelling with monsters.”

‘Interesting…’, Azeth thought to himself as he continued the walk.

It was rather common sense for humans that goblins, slimes, and dragons, including a few other non-sentient races, were the weakest of all. They were at the bottom of the food chain.

However, having seen the truth with his own eyes, Azeth couldn’t help but find it fascinating.

‘We, as humans, assumed whatever felt good to us. Monsters are weak? Goblins are weak? Tsk tsk, seeing Lake and the rest, I feel pity towards humanity.’

Having thought that, Azeth still was aware that even their strength would be nowhere near enough to destroy the entire Reiz Empire. Even if counted by numbers, the goblins were few. So, he had to think of something else. Well, for now, all he had in his mind was about leveling up as he sighted his first prey for the time being!

Zzzsd!

The bushes moved erratically, catching Dirt’s and Azeth’s attention. Instantly, both of them turned to their left and what they find? A bunch of hares, each having silver-white fur with long ears and gleaming red eyes.

“They-”, Azeth wanted to make them his target, but before he could say anything, both Ella and Dirt were on their knees.

“Huh?”, Azeth was rather surprised by this action, confused and staring at them momentarily.

Neither of them raised their heads, and they seemed somewhat nervous.

Realizing that something was wrong, Azeth was prepared to kneel as well, but just as he initiated the action, a distinct feminine voice reverberated close to him, calling out to him.

“And you are?”, Azeth turned his head back towards the bushes where he had initially sensed the hares.

There stood approximately twenty hares, each with eyes as deep red as blood. In their midst was a petite, lizard-like being. The moonlight gleamed off her scales, giving her a radiant appearance. However, in Azeth's perception, they appeared to be a striking silver-white color. Her claws looked meticulously sharp, and her eyes, crystal clear, resembled precious blue jewels.

Despite her slightly shorter tail compared to Azeth, it swayed gently from side to side. Her sharp teeth were prominently visible, and her nostrils flared with vitality. Before Azeth stood a hatchling Silver Dragoness, her presence undeniable.

The most enchanting aspect was the crown-like adornment gracing her head. Its silver-white frame cradled a radiant blue jewel, emitting a subtle azure glow, likely the irresistible allure that drew the attention of the hares.

‘Another dragon?’, this came as a surprise to Azeth as he had no idea how to deal with the situation.

Encountering other monsters is fine, but encountering a dragon? What should he do?

“Are you deaf?”

“Eh? N-no,” Azeth stuttered as a lot was going on in his mind. His wavy voice was a result of the pent-up confusion.

“Then give me your introduction already. What are you making me wait for, you hatchling!”, the dragoness scoffed.

“…”

Azeth looked at the uncomfortable goblins that accompanied him.

‘Is she a big shot?’, he wasted no time in using the system to take a look at her stats.

[Profile]

Name: Arnia

Race: Silver Dragoness

Stage: Hatchling

Rank: E

Level: 21

Age: 1 year 

Attributes:

HP (Hit Points): 420

MP (Magic Points): 320

Strength: 180

Dexterity: 150

Speed: 100

Constitution: 210

Stat Points: 250

 

Abilities [Does not consume MP]:

 

  1. Iridescent Aura Lv.5: Surrounds herself with an aura that increases her strength by 10 points.
  2. Crystal Veil Lv.5: Conjures a shimmering veil, reducing incoming magical damage by 50% for 10 minutes.
  3. Lunar Harmony Lv.3: Heals herself and nearby allies gradually over 5 minutes using the power of moonlight; only works in the presence of moonlight.
  4. Silver Wings Lv.5: Unleashes powerful magical wings, allowing flight with exceptional speed for 30 minutes; speed is increased by 10 points.
  5. Moonlit Insight Lv.5: Gains profound knowledge about a target's strengths and weaknesses.

 

Skills [Consumes MP]:

  1. Celestial Breath Lv.5 [15 MP per use]: Releases a breath attack with freezing and purifying properties, damaging enemies and healing allies; dexterity is increased by 50 points.
  2. Future View Lv.1 [99% HP consumed]: Can see a glimpse of future for about 5 seconds; can be used only once a year.
  3. Summon Lv.3 [10 MP per minute]: can summon the monsters with whom the user has formed a pact.

 

Equipments:

  1. Moonlit Scales [Rank A]: Enchanted scales with moonlit properties; Provides enhanced defense, magical resistance, and increased HP and MP regeneration.
  2. Crescent Crest [Rank A]: Crown imbued with lunar energy; Boosts magical abilities and MP regeneration; MP +70.

 

Titles:

  1. Shaman
  2. Saintess
  3. Merciless Predator

“The insolence! How dare you ignore my words!” Her cute feminine voice tinged with anger, rose.

“I—”

“Enough. I gave you enough chances. Ella, speak, who is this insolent being with you? Although resembling a dragon, looking at his dirty attire, he looks no better than a swamp-dwelling lizard.”

‘Wait… Did she just call me a beggar in dragon terminology?’ Azeth almost facepalmed himself as he heard this.

“Forgive me, your highness Arnia; he is but a mere hatchling who got out of the egg no more than a day ago. We escorted him to our village based on the Oracle you provided.”

It was probably the first time Azeth had heard Ella’s deep but female-like voice. All this time, he did try to make Ella speak by asking a few things about the village, but she remained quiet, as if trying to be mysterious.

However, with just one question, Ella was forced to answer to the Dragoness.

But after the sudden mention of the oracle, the dragoness’ mood and tone changed almost instantly!

“Oh! He is the savior from the Oracle!?” Her voice rose, but this time tinged with excitement and happiness.

It was a bit too girlish and cute, but were genuine signs of joy! Her cheeks seemed a bit red and the same was true for her nose.

Now, there was a total change in her attitude and the stance at the situation. Instantly, all the hares that were behind her vanished, turning into fine particles. Right after that, in this serene surrounding, with the particles still lingering and providing a faint glow, Arnia bowed down.

“Forgive my insolence Sir Savior and greetings, I am Arnia, the Shaman of Leafwhisper tribe and your soon-to-be bride.”

“…”

“No.”

Ella had a calm face, and Dirt was grinning initially, but when Azeth said ‘NO’, both of them lost their cool a bit.

‘D-did he just reject her?’

‘Did master reject her?’

‘Did I just get rejected?’

These were the sequences of thoughts surging in their heads after having heard something unexpected.

“…”

2