[27] Tak – Elvion Nova
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Rift is now ours and the long path to get to this point are finally over. Tak, the computer system, stands before us explaining herself in response to Naomi’s endless questions. We are still wondering how the ancient Black Technologists managed to create a computer system like Tak that can speak our language thousands of years before it was even deciphered.  

“Are you a Black Technologist?” Naomi asks in excitement. “How old are you? Who built the Rift? Who was the previous pilot? Where are the rest of the Black Techno…”

“Naomi, we are kind of in a rush,” I say to calm her down.

“Okay. Questions later,” she says. “Well just answer this one. Do you know Elvion?”

“Yes,” Tak answers. “The young Master I know. I was programed to follow his command. If that is all, I must commence launch protocol now,” she says as she vanishes.

“Okay, how do we fly you?” I ask.

“Until I can train you in my functionality I will autopilot, Master,” Tak says. 

We walk into the cockpit of the Rift. The computers turn on and the ground begins to shake as the ceiling of the chamber opens. The Rift slowly ascends without the slightest hitch in its take-off despite it being dormant and sealed away for thousands of years. The technology created by the Black Technologists is masterful. Black Technology is the work of beings who struggled with all their depths to become Gods. The higher we float upwards the more I think of the mural on the door. Were the Black Technologist beings that attempted to close the gap between mortals and Gods with technology? Did they succeed in their effort?

“Looks like trouble,” Ayesha says as she runs to the window. “They are just going to shoot us down.” 

I look out and see that we have finally made it outside. The hovercraft from earlier is flying towards us. 

“Tak, can you get us out of here a little faster?” I ask anxiously.

“The Akerata Mosen has not fully activated, Master.” Tak answers. 

Akerata Mosen?” Naomi says. “Acceleration Drive? This ship has acceleration?”

“Yes,” Tak replies.

“How long before we can use acceleration?” I ask.

“Five minutes, Master,” Tak responds. “The drive has not been activated for many years.” 

“We don’t have a lot of time,” I say.

“Protect the ship with the Vortex,” Naomi yells.

“There is a hatch in the hallway,” Tak says as she disappears. “This way, Master,” she calls from the hall.

“Should I go too?” Ayesha asks.

“No,” I say. “I promised you would never have to deal with these people again.”

 I chase after Tak and she vanishes.  I climb up the ladder and open the hatch. The cool night air quickly rushes in. Tak is standing outside on the top of the Rift. I climb out and stand up beside her. The hovercraft flies overhead. Several figures fall from it landing towards the tail end of the Rift. They take a couple of steps towards us. 

“Okay, let me tell you what is going to happen,” I recognize the voice. It is Neo. “You’re going to land this ship. I’m going to confiscate it and kill you all, especially that little traitor.”

“I don’t think so,” I say as I raise my hands.

“And what are you going to do deflect the bullets all over the place even into your own aircraft.”

He raises his arms and they both transform into mini-guns. Two other men stand to his right and left both aiming rifles at me.

“I had to get my spare arms after what your teammate and Ayesha did,” he says angrily. “But you’ll pay me back in blood.”

He walks towards us.  

“Tak, can their guns damage the Rift?” I ask.

“Yes, Master. Their weapons can damage and penetrate the exterior,” she responds.

“Can’t you do something?” I ask.

“No. I cannot touch physical objects, Master,” she states. “The Vortex has a plethora of functions.” 

“How can I use them,” I ask releasing the shield of light.

Colete Aih. Through faith, Master,” she says as she vanishes.

“Abandoned by your friend?” Ayesha’s father laughs. “She was apparently smarter than you.”

They fire at the barrier in a hellish barrage. This time though the bullets do not fly in every direction as they hit the barrier. Instead they stop in mid-air as they come close to the shield. I pull my hands back and throw them forward. The bullets that are in the field of light fly back towards them in a single wave. They do not stand a chance against the wall of bullets. They fall to the ground, lifeless pieces. Their blood drenches the tail end of the Rift. I force myself to stand before my knees buckle. I keel over and throw up.

 “Does slaying your enemy sicken you, Master?” Tak asks appearing next to me. “You should rejoice in the death of your fallen adversaries. He would do no less if you were the one on the groun…”

“Silence, please,” I say.

“Of course, Master,” she says. “It is time to depart. I cannot enter acceleration with you outside. You’ll die.”

I climb back into the Rift sickened at what just became of Ayesha’s father and the two other men. I have never killed anyone before and to have blood on my hands for the first time is not what I expected. I never truly understood this power and now I’m fearful of what I can do. I must be trained before I hurt someone unintentionally. For now though, I will not tell Ayesha of what became of them.

“Elvion, come on. We have to go,” I hear Ayesha yell. “The hovercraft has launched two missiles.”

I rush to the cockpit and see only the chair in front of the crystal table open. I sit and Tak appears on the table facing the window. The Rift begins flying forward gradually gaining speed.

Akerata Mosen. Initiate,” Tak says.

In seconds we are over the ocean hovering just above the water. Sunlight beams into the cockpit blinding us until our eyes adjust.

“Acceleration successful. Akerata Mosen. Shutting down for cool off,” Tak says. “Acceleration offline for three hours to complete cool down.”

“Where are we?” Naomi asks.

“Current position, Yoven Sea,” Tak responds.

“That would mean we travelled halfway around the world in seconds,” I say astonished. “But why all the way out here?”

“I was preprogramed to come here once Master was on board,” Tak responds.

“There is nothing here but water and fish. We should leave,” Ayesha says anxiously. 

“Is something wrong, Ayesha?” I ask.

“N-no,” she says defensively. “I’m going to check out the rest of the ship… i-in the back.” She stands up and walks into the hallway.

“Now as good a time as any to answer my questions, Tak,” Naomi says. “Where are the Black Technologists? What is your purpose? And who was your previous pilot?”

“If by Black Technologist you mean my creators, the Cosmial, I do not know,” Tak replies. “Many of my programs and files are corrupt and unreadable. Also my usable programs and forms are severely weakened. There is one explanation. My database and parts were scattered by my creators.”

“What do you mean?” I ask.

“I was dismantled so that only my primary functions could be used. Right now I’m functioning at ten percent of optimal capacity. This would also explain the child-like form before you.”

“Did you say that Black Technologists were called Cosmial?” Naomi asks.

“That would be correct. The Cosmial race are beings that constructed me,” Tak says. “Unfortunately I do not have any further information on them.”

“What’s wrong, Naomi?” I ask.

“No one ever knew the true name of the Black Technologists,” she says.

“Do you know your time or place of creation?” I ask.

“No, Master,” Tak responds.

“So what now? Do we need to find your parts?” Naomi asks.

“Yes,” Tak says. “Also I have picked up a Helo Centrie reading below the surface of the water.”

“What is that?” I ask.

Helo Centrie transliterates to Helix Core,” Naomi says from excitement. “It is a Black Technologist power plant. Only one that still functions has ever been found. We need diving equipme…” 

“That will not be necessary. The Rift is amphibious,” Tak says.

“Whoa, whoa. You guys can’t be serious,” Ayesha says from the hallway. “You want to go underwater in an aircraft? I’m pretty sure we can find a Helix Core in a drier place on land. She just said she is missing parts how do we even know she can go underwater.”

“Underwater capabilities are part of my primary systems,” Tak says. “Your reason for questioning my ability is fear.”

“I’m not afraid,” Ayesha says.

“Ayesha, we have to try this,” I say. “You don’t have to come up here if you are afraid.”

“I’m not afraid. I’m tired,” she says. “It may be day time here but Albany is reaching midnight.”

“It’s actually twelve here too,” Naomi says. “We went back twelve hours. So it is technically yesterday.”

“Master, what is your order?” Tak asks.

“Dive,” I say. “We were brought here for a reason.”

The Rift lowers to the surface then slowly sinks. I watch the water surround the ship and the deep blue stretches out before us. The Rift begins to move forward going deeper under water until we reach the ocean floor. 

“I have completed structural scans of the exterior of the tower,” Tak explains. “The outside of the Black Technology Ruin shows no breaches. The emergency protocol has been activated and the Ruin is sealed.”

“What about the inside?” Naomi asks.

“The interior will should be preserved,” Tak states.

As we finally get close enough to see the massive structure, the Ruin looks more like a submerged city with a huge tower in the center. The tower, a magnificent structure, is completely preserved and without the slightest blemish, unlike the rest of the city that has crumbled and decayed and is covered in grime and barnacles.

“I’ve never seen a Black Technology Ruin like this,” Naomi says as she stands up.

0