CHAPTER 105 – KYUBI DRAGON
19 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 105 – KYUBI DRAGON

GAEUN MEDIZIN

As soon as I sensed our heartbeats syncing, a profound realization dawned upon me: Earvin was the key to unlocking my ultimate form.

In a flash, my entire being was engulfed in a radiant golden light, and when the brilliance subsided, I found myself transformed into a wholly different being. Towering at eight meters tall, my dragon body was adorned with lustrous silver-white fur. While my visage resembled that of a lizard, my elongated ears bore a striking resemblance to those of a fennec fox. Instead of wings, nine fluffy silver tails sprouted from my back, reminiscent of the mythical nine-tailed fox.

This was my true form. I am...

"Kyubi Dragon," Earvin murmured from his perch atop my head.

"This is..." I communicated telepathically, overwhelmed by the surge of magical energy coursing through our hearts. "Vesryn Pulse?"

"I feel it too, Gaeun," Earvin affirmed.

The sensation of the Vesryn Pulse was beyond description. It wasn't merely a fusion of our magical energies; it felt as though our powers had multiplied exponentially. Mana flowed abundantly through our veins, imbuing us with the capability to cast even the most formidable of S-grade spells with ease.

With a graceful sweep of my fluffy tails, I ascended above the airship, utilizing them as makeshift wings to hover in the air. Meanwhile, I gathered pure mana within my maw, shaping it into a potent sphere of energy. As Earvin channeled his magical energy into me, the mana ball swelled in size, growing from the dimensions of a basketball to a colossal sphere rivaling the height of a three-story building.

Drawing my tails around the charging mana ball like the petals of a flower, I prepared for the impending onslaught.

“Take this!” Earvin's cry pierced the air. “Nine-tailed Curse!”

At his command, the pure mana ball transformed into a swirling vortex of black flames. With a roar, I unfurled my tails, revealing the blossoming inferno within.

“Raaaaaaaah!” I unleashed a primal roar as the ball of curses hurtled toward the Famine Dragon's chest. Too sluggish to evade or defend itself, the dragon bore the full brunt of our most potent spell. Though its absorption barrier managed to intercept a fraction of the curse, it was already stretched thin from diverting Mariko and the Warflame Dragon's assault on its rear.

A deafening explosion echoed through the air as the curse made impact, sending withered tree chunks flying in all directions. The Famine Dragon bellowed in agony as its chest was rent asunder, leaving behind a gaping chasm of destruction.

The revelation left us stunned. Who would have anticipated that a glowing red bell tower lay at the heart of the Famine Dragon, functioning as its own vital organ, incessantly tolling in place of a heartbeat?

“W-What the hell was that!?” Earvin's voice trembled with confusion, mirroring my own shock.

I couldn't believe it either. The fact that the bell tower remained intact within the dragon's chest, serving as its makeshift heart, was beyond anything I had imagined.

“Destroy the bell before the absorption barrier reestablishes!” Charlotte's urgent plea snapped us back to action.

Earvin's V-mark glowed as he issued a tall command. "With the authority of my Dragon Lord Commandment, I hereby revoke my invincibility to eliminate the enemy's immortality!"

Spreading out my claws, I infused them with black flames with the power of Earvin's Dragon Lord Commandment. With a mighty shout, I focused my attack on the bell tower nestled within the dragon's chest, unleashing a barrage of fiery projectiles toward its glowing core.

Another thunderous explosion rocked the air, but this time, the tolling of the bell ceased. Shards of the destroyed bell scattered in all directions, signaling our success.

“Confirmed. The bell tower inside the Famine Dragon has been destroyed,” Hiraya's voice crackled through our radio earpieces, confirming our victory.

As Charlotte's voice cut through the chaos, her urgent tone echoed the gravity of the situation. "The absorption barrier is no longer in effect. And the carcass of the Famine Dragon is collapsing!"

Hiraya's command reverberated across the battlefield, firm and decisive. "All units, retreat. I repeat, all units, retreat." Her words left no room for hesitation. "Good work, Daybreaker Squad. Rendezvous to the Windwalker at once."

I pivoted swiftly, my tails unfurling like banners behind me, propelling me towards the Windwalker with determined swiftness. Yet amidst the urgency, Earvin Lancaster, the vampire prince, remained transfixed by the spectacle unfolding before him. His gaze lingered on the crumbling form of the Famine Dragon, its demise illuminated by the ethereal glow of the moonlight.

"The curse is no more," Earvin murmured, his voice tinged with relief and awe. "My people will no longer suffer."

The scene before Earvin spoke volumes, the collapse of the dragon symbolizing the end of an era of suffering and oppression for his people.

<><><>

The castle of Nocturnia enveloped us in a sense of respite after the relentless battle. The Daybreaker Squad indulged in the lavish offerings of the vampire abode, treating ourselves to the rare luxury of a hot bath and a sumptuous dinner. Fruits and fresh lamb adorned our plates, a feast fit for royalty in the dimly lit halls of Nocturnia.

Despite the opulence, exhaustion weighed heavily upon us, dampening the festivities of our impromptu celebration. Luxurious beds awaited our weary bodies, yet our fatigue dulled the appreciation for such comforts. One by one, we succumbed to sleep's embrace, seeking solace in its embrace after a day marked by conflict and turmoil.

As the night waned into the early hours, I stirred from my slumber, the absence of daylight offering no hint of the passage of time. With a groggy mind and heavy limbs, I rose from my bed and ventured out into the castle's corridors, my footsteps echoing softly against the stone floors.

In the dim light, I caught sight of Earvin, his figure a silhouette against the castle's ancient walls. Before I could utter a greeting, his urgent gesture silenced me, a finger pressed against his lips.

"Come with me," his voice was a whisper, yet it held an undeniable urgency as he clasped my wrist in his grip. Without a word, I followed, curiosity mingling with apprehension as we slipped into the shadows of Nocturnia's depths.

We ventured down the corridor, our steps cautious and deliberate, until we reached the threshold of the master's chamber—the Queen's sanctuary. Within, an ancient vampire lay upon the bed, her countenance weathered by the passage of time, yet her eyes blazed with a vitality that defied her frail appearance. Her silver-gray curls framed her face, cascading like a waterfall of moonlight around her.

As our presence interrupted the quiet of her chamber, the Queen's crimson eyes widened in surprise, a flicker of recognition dancing within their depths.

"Mother, I'm back," Earvin's voice rang out, filled with warmth and affection.

A smile, like a crescent moon breaking through the clouds, graced the Queen's lips as she beheld her son. "Oh, Earvin," she breathed, her voice a melodic whisper. "I thought I was dreaming. I can no longer feel the curse of famine."

Earvin's pride radiated as he gestured towards me. "It is because Gaeun here saved us all."

I shifted uncomfortably under the weight of their gazes, my cheeks flushing with embarrassment. "U-Um, I am honored to meet you, your highness," I stammered, my eyes unable to meet the Queen's intense gaze.

"Please, don't be so formal with me," the Vampire Queen interjected gently, her tone warm and inviting. "Just call me mother." Her words enveloped me like a comforting embrace, easing the tension that lingered in the air.

"M-M-M-Mother!?" I stammered, my cheeks ablaze with embarrassment at the unexpected address.

The Vampire Queen's laughter filled the chamber, a melodious sound that echoed off the walls. "Earvin told me countless tales of your bravery last night," she said, her eyes sparkling with admiration. "He recounted every moment of your triumph over the Famine Dragon with such fervor. We are forever indebted to you for your courage."

"T-Thank you, Queen Mother," I managed to utter, my head bowing in reverence.

The Queen's smile was radiant as she nodded in acknowledgement. "Well then," she said, her voice carrying a note of playfulness. "You now have my blessing to take my son on your adventures. Go forth and multiply."

Earvin's grin mirrored his mother's as he stepped closer, his arm draping casually over my shoulder. "Will do, Mother," he replied, his gaze tender as he met mine.

In that moment, surrounded by the warmth of their approval, I couldn't help but feel a rush of affection for the vampire prince beside me. Perhaps, just perhaps, I had found my true prince amidst the shadows of Nocturnia.

 

1