CHAPTER 114 – REBAPTISM
23 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 114 – REBAPTISM

JOHNNY WOLVESBANE

As the Tachyon Dragon ascended into the sky, a vast expanse unfolded below us, revealing the sinking Dragon’s Fortress and the looming figure of the Pestilence Dragon. With a gentle motion, the Tachyon Dragon settled Lysander onto its head, bringing us together. His expression hinted at disappointment, but I knew I needed to clarify the situation.

"Sorry if our interruption disrupted your conversation with the Erudite," I began, "but right now, we must confront the Corrupted Dragon Lord and her Pestilence Dragon."

Lysander's azure eyes reflected a sense of understanding as he glanced downward, observing the chaos caused by the Pestilence Dragon.

"So, will you lend us your aid?" I inquired.

"Would you be willing to listen to me if I do?" Lysander countered.

His question betrayed a hint of desperation, reminding me of the strained relationship between us. My anger had often blinded me to his perspective. Glancing at Meike, the Tachyon Dragon, I realized she remained silent on the matter, leaving the decision solely in our hands.

"I..." I paused, swallowing my pride. "I will listen to you. But I want to propose another deal first."

"What is it?" Lysander inquired.

"Tell me the secrets of Regression Magic, and I will release you. I'll return you to Hiraya," I stated firmly, my gaze unwavering.

"Why?" Lysander questioned. "What drives this obsession with Regression Magic?"

"Gazelle has her reasons for wanting to save the world. But mine are different," I muttered.

"Johnny," The Tachyon Dragon's telepathic voice broke in, a hint of concern evident.

"Are you planning to use it to go back and save Maggie?" Lysander asked.

It took me a moment before I shook my head. "No. I will ensure Meike survives this conflict."

"Johnny, you..." The Tachyon Dragon whispered softly, her concern palpable.

Lysander fell silent for a moment, then a smirk crossed his lips. He extended his hand for a handshake. Without hesitation, I accepted it.

"Good choice. I'll even guide you through the process," Lysander offered, then glanced down at the Pestilence Dragon below. "But once the Dragon’s Fortress is completely submerged by the Pestilence Dragon, Regression Magic won't work anymore."

"Then we need to act swiftly," I urged. "Any thoughts on how to take down that monstrosity?"

"You mentioned it's a Corrupted Dragon Lord?" Lysander queried, rubbing his chin in contemplation.

"Yes, but it can't control dragons with a Dragon Lord Commandment. It seems to be more like the leader of the obsidian-faced mermaids," I explained.

Lysander's expression shifted, a mixture of frustration and determination evident. He seemed to have a plan to defeat the colossal, zombie-like dragon, though he hesitated to share it. It was up to me to push him.

"Do you have any ideas, Lysander?" I prompted.

With a groan, Lysander scratched his head. "I know I'll regret this later, but we're out of options. If the Dragon’s Fortress falls, it's the end of Regression Magic."

"What are you two discussing?" The Tachyon Dragon queried telepathically.

"I've witnessed how Hiraya baptized the Fourth Dragon Lord. In theory, I could do the same, given the Heart of Exceria is in me. Since Dragon Lords can negate their invincibility, it might be our only chance against the Corrupted Dragon Lord," Lysander explained.

Suddenly, Gazelle's words about the Dragonoid Saint's carcass flashed in my mind. He had mentioned that touching any part of the goddess's body would bestow the Mark of Vesryn. If Lysander's theory held true, I could potentially regain my Dragon Lord Commandment.

"It's worth a shot," Lysander declared, standing tall and extending his fist.

"Are you certain?" I hesitated, still uncertain. "Even if it means potentially facing me as an enemy in the future?"

"I know the risks," Lysander affirmed. "But I've told you, I'm your ally. If you ever stray, Hiraya and I will bring you back."

"You're quite confident," I remarked skeptically, reciprocating his fist bump with a resounding thud. "Alright then. Let's see what you've got."

Lysander placed his hand over his beating heart, syncing it with mine and the Tachyon Dragon's pulses. Once our Vesryn Pulses were perfectly aligned, he channeled mystical energy from his heart into his fist.

"With the authority bestowed upon me by the Heart of Exceria, I hereby rename you as the Dragon Lord: Centurion," Lysander intoned solemnly.

A surge of power coursed through my knuckle, where it touched Lysander's. Electric energy pulsed through my veins and Meike's, accompanied by a searing heat on my palm. When I opened my hand, the Mark of Vesryn glowed red once more.

"Congratulations on reclaiming your Mark of Vesryn," Lysander congratulated with a smile. "Just make sure to use it wisely and not for the destruction of humanity."

"We'll discuss that later," I replied with a smile of my own. "But for now, we have a dragon to deal with."

Glancing down at the Pestilence Dragon and the Corrupted Dragon Lord fused on its forehead, I caught Lysander's gaze. A thought sparked in my mind as I observed the Mark of Vesryn on my palm.

Lysander's Trailblazer Dragon was undeniably formidable, having bested Gazelle's Alientech Dragon Phase 2. If Lysander possessed a dragonoid heart, perhaps I could harness his full power, much like Hiraya does.

"But I'll have to time it just right. I'll wait until the last possible moment," I resolved silently. "Listen up," I called out, projecting my voice so both Meike and Lysander could hear clearly. "Meike, take us to the head of the Pestilence Dragon. Lysander, unleash your Baryon Blaze to obliterate the Pestilence Dragon completely. I'll handle the Corrupted Dragon Lord myself."

Both Lysander and my Tachyon Dragon nodded in agreement. With our plan set and everyone on board, all that remained was to put it into action.

"Let's move!" I commanded.

The Tachyon Dragon spread her wings, and in an instant, we appeared right in front of the Pestilence Dragon's head. Without hesitation, Lysander dove toward the dragon's snout, his hand outstretched.

Now, it was time for another experiment. I focused my V-mark on Lysander and issued a command with the power of my Dragon Lord Commandment.

"By the authority of my Dragon Lord Commandment, I command you, Lysander Faradeiss, to unleash your Trailblazer Dragon Form!"

Lysander's transformation sent a ripple of awe through the air. As his body contorted, a strange energy pulsed around him, causing his form to twist and warp in ways I'd never witnessed. Suddenly, a single azure flame burst forth, unfurling into a majestic, yet partially formed wing. His right hand underwent an even more profound alteration, morphing into fearsome dragonic claws that gleamed with an otherworldly light. It was a sight both breathtaking and unsettling, an incomplete metamorphosis beyond anything I'd seen, even in his most potent Partial Dragon Form.

1