Chapter 11: Metropolis.
413 3 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Advanced chapters in my Patreon and Ko-Fi. 

Patreon.com/Saintbarbido.

Ko-Fi.com/Kulturedsaint.

::------------------------------------------::

(General P.O.V)

Lexcorp.

The leading corporation in all manner of technology. Their R and D department was only matched by Wayne Industries.

And only in broader terms. While Wayne industries hired more capable people, Lexcorp was banked by Lex Luthor's brilliance. Arguably one of the smartest if not the smartest person on Earth.

It was telling that even after all he'd done against superman, he still had a very profitable, public business.

Lexcorp was also worth more. Though the reason for that was military contracts that Wayne Industries refused to bid for.

That did not diminish Lex's capabilities and brilliant business acumen. He was cutthroat and enigmatic. Merciless and greedy.

The perfect businessman...who dabbled in villainy on the side.

The natural follow up to that would be...why?

He had everything he could ever want. He had power in all its forms. He was the UN Secretary-General, the CEO of his own company and the tech at his disposal put him on anyone's level, if he so wished.

The answer was simple.

He absolutely, completely hated Superman.

His hatred was so strong it bordered on obsession.

******

The Limo pulled up at the entrance of Lexcorp.

A blonde haired woman got out of the Driver's seat and promptly opened the door for the boss.

Lex got out, adjusting his tie. Cameras flashed across his face, and questions from the press milling around the entrance bombarded him.

There had to be dozens of reporters. The only thing keeping them at bay were the highly trained security guards Lexcorp had in their employ.

While anyone else would have been out of their depth, Lex looked like a fish in water. Nay, a shark.

He plastered on a smile, waving a hand at the rowdy crowd.

"All right, settle down."

Once they did, he pointed out one of them, a relatively young reporter with red hair.

"Let's start with you. Your question?"

The young reporter gulped, a determined look on his face.

"Brett, Channel 2. Mr.Secretary, what do you have to say about the allegations directed at you undermining the League's humanitarian efforts?"

The reporter asked in a slightly quivering voice.

"This is your first interview, right Brett?"

Lex asked, the same friendly smile on his face.

"Y-yes sir. Started just a couple months ago."

Brett replied.

"Oh, your Seniors must be riding you pretty hard."

Lex chuckled slightly.

A few scattered laughs sounded from the crowd. Even Brett smiled, scratching his head.

"Yeah they kinda are sir. Especially about this. I didn't think they would let me have the opportunity, afraid I would mess it up."

"They were right."

Lex replied, the smile on his face slipping off.

"Huh?"

Brett had a confused expression on his face.

"You could have literally asked me about anything else. The new line of Humvees we're releasing this weekend,

perhaps. Veritable tanks that can traverse any environment, from a desert to a swamp to the ocean."

His words were sharp and cutting.

Brett's face grew pale.

"Or how about the particle accelerator that is entering the final experimental stage of its development? We could have infinite energy right in our grasp. Or how about the charity fund we've raised?"

Lex looked at the camera.

"2 billion to bolster the equipment our Law Enforcement and soldiers use."

"You want me to go on?"

Lex asked, the sneer on his face directed at the young reporter.

"Because there is more you could have asked. Instead, all you want to know are my thoughts about allegations directed at me by a group of grown men and women playing dressup. Preposterous."

Lex concluded, adjusting his suit and walking away.

The laughter this time was louder than before.

"No more questions."

Mercy Graves told the Reporters clamoring for more juicy news.

"Mercy, I own channel 2 right?"

Lex asked his bodyguard/assistant.

"You will in the next 10- no, 5 minutes."

Mercy informed him.

"Good."

Lex responded with a satisfied smirk.

"That's why I value you Mercy. Always so Reliable."

The ride up the Elevator was done in silence, up until the top most floor.

Once in his office, Lex adjusted his tie, pouring himself a drink. A glass of Pappy Van Winkle.

"Mercy, could you please give us some privacy?"

Lex said.

Mercy approached a portrait of Lex and pressed a button on the side. The glass windows were immediately sealed by lead shutters and the whole room was disconnected from the world.

Everything ran on Lex's personal top of the line networks.

"Was. All. Aaaal..ThaT necesse-ses-sary?"

The other occupant in the room asked. He spoke in a jerky voice.

"You have no idea how much you're underestimating the Bat and the alien."

Lex replied, turning around to stare at the source of the strange voice.

"Now report, Worm."

"We. DO-Do-Dooo Not. Like that teeeerrm. Call. Call Me Misterrr Mind."

A man dressed in a black sweater, with huge spectacles and neat brown hair said.

He was fairly handsome but one side of his face drooped, the skin loose and gray.

"Th-iis. Host is...Faaaailling me. I-I need a NNNnnee-"

"Almost there, soldier on Mister Mind."

Lex mocked.

"It's only two words. Say it with me New. Body."

"You--Mock. Me."

The man replied.

"Of course I am."

Lex replied, rolling his eyes.

"Now tell me what you're doing here. You were supposed to be tailing Superman."

"S-ssomething. Came up. A n-new Metahuman."

Mister Mind replied.

Lex looked up, now interested.

"A new Metahuman? The fact that you personally came to see me, means they're no ordinary Metahuman. What can he do? Tell me everything."

He demanded.

"Ooooo-kay."

Mister mind responded in the same jerky way.

Lex sighed, face twisted in a frown.

"Never mind. Just send the memories straight to my head."

Mister Mind complied and Lex felt a brief pressure as foreign memories poured into his mind. He grabbee the edge of his mahogany table, a conniving smirk on his face.

The memories were brief. Mister Mind had been tracking the Man of Steel' mental activity from afar when the latter stumbled upon a boy. A boy that could control people.

Naturally Mister Mind had understood his value and when Superman left for the stadium after the massive explosion, Mister Mind knew he couldn't let the Metahuman fall in the hands of the authorities.

So he used his telepathy to control the minds of Spoiler, Cassie and all the cops present, making them temporarily forget about Holl.

That brief respite had allowed Holl to escape. And now he was headed for Metropolis.

"Well done Mister Mind. Well done indeed."

Lex chuckled.

He finally had a way to deal with the only member of the League without major weaknesses to exploit, Wonder-Woman.

Batman was down. Next to follow...

"Mercy, make a call to our Underwater friend. It's time for phase 2."

Holl had no idea what he had just stumbled into. A scheme, one to take down the Justice League members. And Luthor had decided our clueless MC was useful to him.

"Let me make one thing clear."

Luthor cleared his throat.

"Superman is still your top priority."

Luthor turned to face him.

"While this new information is admittedly valuable, leave your mission parameters again and I'll squash you, understand?"

"U-unders.Toodd. About Aa Ne-new Host. Th-this body is Failing-failing me. PleeeeeAaase Lut.Hor. I-I am StILl Us-UsEFul."

Mister Mind stuttered.

Luthor sneered at him. Then the sneer was gone as if it hadn't been there in the first place.

Lex adjusted his tie.

"But of course, my Dear Worm."

His tone was sugary sweet.

"I'll get you a new body. In fact, the Metahuman you spoke of...should be a perfect host."

A glint shone in his eyes.

"His body seems resilient from your memories. And if you took control of him, you would have his abilities at your disposal. He should be arriving in Metropolis soon. How convenient."

(Holl's P.O.V)

Metropolis.

Ahhh...the city of tomorrow.

And what a beautiful place it was. Even I could admit that and I much preferred the open seas, ocean water spraying on my face as I fought for dominance of the boat with the Ocean Gods.

Ahh...good times.

"H-hey m-man...can I please go?"

The truck driver asked with a pitiful expression.

He'd refused to give me a ride when he'd spotted me on the side of the road, going as far as to flip me the bird. What a dick.

Naturally I invited myself into his truck, attaching my halr to the back of the trailer, before crawling to the front and ripping the passenger door open. His face had been funny to watch when I jumped in.

Then he pulled a shotgun from behind his seat. Before he could whirl his fat belly around, I had snatched the gun and broke it with my hair.

After weaving my hair into a sharp sickle and placing it under his neck, he got the message and kept driving.

I also headed up eating his lunch, 2 large burgers and fries. Not bad but I hated the greasiness. The good thing was the food provided more energy to work with.

My body was already locking up from exhaustion.

"Yeah whatever. You did give me a ride after all."

I shrugged, turning to leave.

"Oh thanks man."

I heard him say behind me.

Dickhead. Have fun driving with 5 flat tires. Was it petty? Yeah. Did I care?

Actually, I did... Coz I fucking enjoyed it.

I walked down the sidewalk relishing the sweet sounds of his despair coming from my back. Muhahahahaha.

Man, I'm mean. But I'm only mean to those who are mean to me.

Repeat that.

I'm only mean to those who are mean to me. 'It's going to be my motto from now on,' I decided while walking down the street.

17