Chapter 16: Monster Final Part.
397 7 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Advanced chapters in my Patreon.com/Saintbarbido.

&

Ko-Fi.com/Kulturedsaint.

::-------------------------------------------::

(General P.O.V)

Holl leaned back on his seat, staring at the ceiling. He blew air through his teeth in contemplation.

"Not really. No. I admit it would be fun to make the Man of Steel my Pet but I want something else..."

A smile worked it's way onto his face.

"I want to see him despair as he loses the most important thing. Though he doesn't even realize what it is..."

Luthor's smile came back.

"Please, continue. What is the most important thing to him? Family? His powers? The Justice League?"

Holl shook his head.

"Family belongs to the man behind the cape. And the League are hardened veterans. Powers? He's lost them many times before, doesn't seem to put him down. No, to really male other hurt, I'll go for something else. The People's Trust."

Luthor blinked before great peals of laughter escaped him. Wiping a tear away, he clapped his eyes.

"How different. I thought your ability to enslave made you unique, but your mind...you're unabashedly evil."

"And yet you do not seem afraid of me."

Holl stated, lifting a hand which begun to glow green.

Mercy arrived with the glass and poured the wine for Holl.

Luthor chuckled.

"Why would I be? A smart man would understand I would be of more use as a friend than an enemy."

Holl's eyes briefly landed on the Joker's body.

"Can't argue with that."

He shrugged, taking a large mouthful of the wine.

"Crass."

Mercy mumbled under her breath in disgust.

"Wine is meant to be savored Maestro. That's where the pleasure lies."

Luthor informed him, slightly irritated.

"I don't know about all that but could I get something to eat? I'm hungry."

Holl waved a hand in dismissal.

"It's been a stressful few days, you see."

"Business first. Then your needs will be personally catered for by my assistant."

Luthor offered.

"Isn't that right Mercy?"

"Ooohh, I don't think she'll like that order, Lexxie."

Holl giggled.

Immediately, a barrel was placed below Holl's neck. The barrel belonged to no typical gun. Instead, Mercy's hand had unfolded into a high tech energy weapon.

"It's Lex to you."

The blonde assistant bitingly said to Holl.

"And the next time you disrespect him, I won't care what price I have to pay. You will die."

"Mercy, stand down. That's no way to treat our guest. Besides, I'm sure Mr. Maestro here understands the unique position he's in."

Luthor interjected.

Mercy and Holl watched each other. One with anger on her face and the latter with a casual smile that said he was enjoying irritating the deadly woman.

"Mmph!"

The energy weapon retracted and Mercy stepped back.

Holl turned his focus back to Luthor.

"And what unique position would that be?"

Luthor spread out his hands, gesturing around them.

"You invited yourself into my home, right after killing one of my men and enslaving the rest. Yet, you're still alive."

"Because I'm strong."

Holl shrugged.

"I impose myself because Strength is the determiner. It levels the playing field. I don't care about your billions, Luthor. If I wanted them, I could simply bring you under my control."

"That's it."

Mercy aimed her hand at Holl, unleashing an energy blast his way.

Holl's hair weaved together into a powerful shield, one that blocked the attack but threw him back.

Holl flipped in mid air, landing a few feet behind his Pets. His feet skidded on the mat before stopping.

The Pet Pet user looked up with a scary light in his eyes.

"So that's it? You want to fight?"

Luthor raised a palm and Mercy who was seconds away from following up on her attack stopped.

"Arrogance won't get you far in this business, Maestro."

Luthor addressed Holl.

"And what business would that be?"

Holl inquired, frowning at his slightly charred hair. He might have underestimated Luthor's Assistant. She was actually decently powerful.

He sent a lecherous grin her way. He couldn't help it. Strong women turned him on. Mercy looked away in disgust.

Luthor got off his seat, approaching Holl without worry.

"You stabbed Batgirl, tangled with the man of steel and I'm guessing are responsible for killer Croc's untimely demise. He was ripped apart limb from limb."

"You have the pictures? I'm still mad at that asshole."

Holl stated, rolling his shoulders.

"Hahahaha. You truly are despicable."

Luthor shook his head.

"And from what I've seen of you, that's a compliment."

Bizarro, Livewire and Shade stepped up to block Luthor's way. 

Deathstroke on the other hand was focused on Mercy.

"How quick your loyalties have changed."

Luthor commented.

"Are your wills so dominated that you cannot recognize who I am, Bizarro, Livewire, Shade...even you Slade?"

Holl who was behind his pets smiled seeing this. Then he snapped his fingers and the Pet's ceased blocking Luthor's path.

"A little prerequisite I add to my Pet's collars. They can only speak when I give them permission to."

Holl informed the Supervillain.

Luthor's lips thinned. Then with great effort, the smile returned.

"I'll make you an offer. Release Slade and Bizarro over to me. Now. And I won't kill you. You can keep the other two."

"How generous of you Lexxie."

Another blast of blue energy was unleashed by Mercy at Holl.

Bizarro appeared before the blast with Superspeed, blocking it with his chest. 

"But if you expect me to give up this Tank right here, then you're expecting too much from me."

Holl said with a grin. 

Luthor narrowed his eyes, stopping before Bizarro while locking his hands behind him.

"What do you think will happen if I decide you're more trouble than you're worth?"

Luthor questioned, no longer smiling. No longer pretending to remotely be civil.

"I'll ask you the same thing."

Holl shot back, Bizarro stepping out of his way. Both men squared off, eyes locked in a battle of wills.

"I have an army."

Luthor told him.

"An army and a mind more powerful than a thousand Supermen."

He stepped closer.

"In fact, I can create those Supermen and send them after you. Relentless machines with only destruction in their programming and you as the main target."

The smile on Holl's face widened.

"Bring it on."

Luthor studied the younger man's unflinching expression. He really meant it. And the smile, it reminded him of someone. Someone he had just killed for messing with his plans.

Which should have made things much easier and his decision clear. Just kill the guy.

But.

He relented. Maybe it was the boy's fearlessness. Or maybe it was his desire to remain undaunted in the face of one of the World's most dangerous Supervillains.

It was telling that even after all Luthor had done, no one had arrested him.

He truly had power in it's full form and if he so wished, there was nowhere this little upstart could hide from him.

But.

He relented.

Maybe it was his age. So young and yet so dangerous. He had hurt someone close to the Dark Knight yet he wasn't in the hospital with all of his limbs and bones broken.

Or maybe it was similarities to the Clown. The same shamelessness. The same grin. But where the Joker was schemes with unwinable odds and a chaotic streak, this Kid actually had power.

It was in the way he stood. Like an animal, 2 seconds away from pouncing.

And that was it.

Who was he kidding? Luthor knew talent when he spotted one. And this kid's potential was great. With sufficient training and guidance, he could achieve anything.

The ability to Enslave people was something he wouldn't mind having. And if he wanted, he could take it.

He was Lex Luthor when all was said and done.

But. His business side had always helped him make the best investments. And this was the riskiest but potentially best investment he had come across.

So Luthor lost the anger, a thoughtful expression coming into his face.

"Tell me something Kid. What's your dream?"

Luthor questioned.

The arrogant smirk on Holl's face grew smaller. He narrowed his eyes. The strands of his hair seemed to dance in a non-existent breeze behind him.

"My dream? Why? Why do you want to know."

"Humor me."

Luthor replied, naked interest in his eyes.

"My dream...huh, never had anyone ask me that..."

Holl commented.

"It's simple really."

A sudden pressure pressed down on everyone in the chamber. Something tangible and heavy. The Will of a King.

"I want to do anything I want."

Holl declared.

The pressure persisted for a while, before it disappeared.

Luthor blinked in surprise. Mercy's lips were slightly parted as she stared at Holl.

This guy...

The dream sounded stupidly basic and simple yet...neither of them could find flaws in it.

"To do anything you want huh?"

Luthor muttered, memories of his entire life playing through his mind. All he had achieved. All he had created. The milestones broken...

By all indications, he was an impressive man and a great Businessman who had achieved all his dreams.

But for that brief second, he had felt inferior. His dreams had felt inferior. For how could one be so...unrestrained in their desires?

Maybe that was what set Maestro apart.

Luthor shook his head.

"I don't know about all that. But I can promise you one thing. I can make you into what you're really meant for. I can make you a real Monster."

Then he held out a hand for Holl to shake.

The Pet Pet user stared at the hand.

"Okay then Lexxie. Show me what you got."

Holl shook the hand, sealing the deal.

15