Chapter 1: Welcome to the club
516 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

All Characters info are given in the glossary. 

This story is being re-written by me.




Daichi Itakura:

I stood in front of the door for some time, rethinking about my decision. I once again looked at the poster on the wall and read:

[Relationship Counselling Club: Need any kind of advice for your relationship, or solve your relationship crisis? This is the perfect place!]

First of all, how the hell does this type of a club exist? Second, is this really the right place for me?

I remembered what Keiichi told me on the morning.....

Flashback starts....

"So you got rejected again huh?" (Keiichi)

I just buried my face on my desk without answering. 

"Is this the third time?" (Keiichi)

"Fourth..." (Itakura)

"Damn... that's sad." (Keiichi)

Keiichi then proceeded to look at his phone and started smiling. He was definitely chatting with his girlfriend. It pissed me off.

"You bastard! For once, stop talking to your girlfriend!" (Itakura)

"Huh? What can I do if my girlfriend is so cute you know?" (Keiichi)

"Jeez you're making me so jealous!" (Itakura)

"By the way, Itakura, why don't you go to the Relationship Counselling Club?" (Keiichi)

"What club?" (Itakura)

"Relationship Counselling Club. It's the same club where I got advice about how to confess to Rikka. Now look at us, how lovey dovey we are." (Keiichi)

"Did you really need the advice? You're too handsome to get rejected anyway." (Itakura)

Keiichi is indeed one of the most good looking guys in our class. So it doesn't really matter in my opinion how he confesses to a girl. Unless that girl doesn't intend to go out with anyone at all, she won't ever reject him.

But it's also true that Keiichi was totally in love with Rikka so he didn't intend to take any risk and thus visited the club to take advice.

"So what do you think, Itakura? Trust me, you will get proper advice there." (Keiichi)

"Really? Who works in that club anyway?" (Itakura)

"Two of our senpais are there - Tachibana Misato and Hajime Koujirou. They are very good people." (Keiichi)

"I see. Okay I will at least take a visit there." (Itakura)

Flashback ends...

Ever since middle school, I witnessed all my close friends getting girlfriends. Only I was alone. Because every time I confessed to any girl, I was flatly rejected. 

At first I used to manly act like "it was their loss to reject me". But slowly I understood that I was neither an attractive nor an interesting guy. Bang average looks, slightly above average in studies and below average in sports.

And after my fourth rejection from one of my classmate just a few days ago was too painful. I expected to get rejected. But I didn't expect her to be this blunt - 

"I'm sorry Daichi-san, but I just don't find anything interesting in you. Maybe it's just me being a jerk. So don't mind it and forget about me."

I stood there like a clown as I watched her leave. 

So back to present scenario...

I was still in doubt over whether to go to this club or not. You know, it's kind of embarrassing to speak about getting rejected by girls. And whether that counselling would work or not, it's a different issue...

"Huh?"

As I was hovering around the corridor while thinking all these, I suddenly discovered someone's ID card over which I almost stepped on. I picked it up and read the name:

Tachibana Misato, 3rd year.

Isn't she a member on the Relationship Counselling Club? If that's the case, then should I have to return it to her?

I see... so that means I have to enter the place regardless I want to take advice or not.

I carefully knocked the door of the clubroom.

"Come in.", a calm lady voice answered.

"Excuse me, is Tachibana-senpai here?", I asked as I entered the room.

Two girls were sitting on both sides of a table, drinking coffee. One of them was a mature looking girl, with long black hair, wearing glasses. Needless to say, she was Tachibana-senpai.

And the other one was.... a very beautiful girl with cute short hair. I must say, for one moment, I got mesmerized by her beauty. I didn't know who this girl was. 

"Oh, are you a client?", Tachibana senpai asked.

"Umm actually I found this lying on the corridor.", I showed her the ID card.

"Oh, is this mine?! Thank you! Did I drop this somewhere?", she walked towards me and received her ID card. She continued with a smile,

"Why don't you come and have a cup of coffee with us?"

"Eh? You don't have to be so considerate."

"Come on. We are bored anyway. Aren't we, Mai-chan?"

The 'Mai-chan' was obviously the other cute girl. She had already filled another cup of coffee by then. She looked at me with her cute smile and said while indicating the empty chair beside her.

"Yeah. Let's have coffee. Why don't you sit down and introduce yourself?"

"O-Okay. I'm Daichi Itakura. Second year, class B.", I took the chair and sat down. I was a little nervous because I sat beside the girl named 'Mai-chan'.

"I see. Here take your coffee. My name is Yanami Mai. I'm also second year, class E."

"Oh? You're the same year as me, Yanami-san?"

I didn't remember seeing her in the last year. Even though I'm in the go-home club, I still know most of the students from my year.

"Yeah, Daichi-san wouldn't remember me because I have transferred here this year."

"Oh I see. And you have already joined a club, so fast!"

"Fufu. It's actually due to Tachibana senpai. She's my cousin and also the senpai here so she has kinda forced me to join her club."

"Oi, when did I force you?", Tachibana senpai retorted. 

At this moment, the door was opened and entered another girl. This girl didn't seem like a member of this club. I recognised the girl as she was from my class.

"Can I take some advice here?"

"Ah a client! Take a chair from there and sit here.", senpai indicated her. She did as she was told and introduced herself.

"My name is Mitsuba Nanami. And... I have a friend... that I like, he is Misumi Yoshin. He is always kind to me in everything. Always helps me whenever I need. But lately he is avoiding me for some reasons."

Ah... a classic case of love-struck girl getting insecure. And I know Yoshin. He is also from my class.

"Since when Yoshin is avoiding you?", asked Tachibana senpai.

"Since two days ago."

"Did something happen two days ago?"

"Not really. As far as I remember he didn't talk to any other girl."

I realised she's going on the wrong track. As a boy, I could understand Yoshin's perspective here. Even though I was not a member, I couldn't control myself and asked to her.

"No, Mitsuba-san, don't worry about any other girl. Just remember did YOU change something?"

Both Tachibana senpai and Yanami-san was surprised by my sudden words but they didn't stop me.

"Me?... let me think.", after a few seconds, her face got a little bit red.

"Umm... I did change my hairstyle to this ponytail."

"I see. Why?"

"Because I saw him complimenting a manga girl with the ponytail hair, so I thought about getting this hairstyle so he notice me more. D-Do you mean he hates my hair so much that he's avoiding me?"

"No no.", I gave her a smile and said, "It's the exact opposite. He noticed you... so much that he is in love with you."

"Ehhh??", Mitsuba Nanami's face was now completely red. 

"Yes. Some guys who falls in love for the first time, sometimes they avoid their crush, because they might end up confessing to her in the heat of the moment."

"Eh? But... I want him to confess to me. What's his problem with confessing if he indeed loves me?"

"There is a big problem. He fears you may reject him."

Mitsuba Nanami finally understood.

"I... see... so what should I do?"

"Grab him and confess to him."

"Ehhh? Can I do it?"

"You can!". Tachibana senpai suddenly broke her silence and pumped her fists. "Go and take him before some other b*tch snatch him."

"I see! Yess! I will go and confess to him! Thank you very much to you all. Yoshin... I'm definitely going to confess my love to you.", Mitsuba then stormed out of the room.

"Umm... Tachibana senpai and Yanami-san, sorry for interrupting your job. I just couldn't stop myself there to make her realise.", I sincerely apologised to them.

But Tachibana senpai was doing something else without hearing my apologies.

"Oh no worries. Here fill this form.", Tachibana senpai suddenly gave me an empty form.

"Huh? What's this?"

"Oh it's just a formal application paper to join this club. Just write your name and class and I'll write the rest later."

"Oh I see... WAIT! Who said I'm joining this club?"

"Eh? You're not coming to join this club?"

"No I'm not."

In fact I came here to take advice myself. 

"Okay, no worries. Then did you change your mind to join our club?"

"Eh? You're still going? I'm not one who can help you. I'm never been in any relationship myself."

"That's not a problem."

"Huh? Isn't that the biggest problem? This is literally a relationship advice club. How can I advise people when I myself has no experience?"

"Just as you advised the previous girl. In fact we need a perspective of a guy who is not good with girls. And you're exactly that. We also have a girl who isn't good with guys. Mai-chan who was dumped twice."

"*COUGH*"

Yanami-san spat out her coffee as soon as she heard this. Her face was now red as a tomato.

"S-Senpai! Why are you exposing me in front of a guest!?"

"Oh come on, Mai-chan. At least you got Dai-kun now to keep you company. Dai-kun, just sign the thing~"

She was calling me Dai-kun? I never saw someone dissecting my name this much.

"Umm... Yanami-san doesn't have any problem right?"

"Not at all, welcome to the club, Daichi-san. And Senpai please don't give me heart attack for once."

"Yahoo! We got a new member.", Tachibana senpai was in full of excitement.

I wonder... what impact this going to have on my daily life...

[To be continued]

9