Chapter 5: Otosaki and her long stories
302 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Daichi Itakura:

It was 7 PM at evening, when I was sitting on my bed with the packet of cookies in my hand. I slowly put one cookie in my mouth. In terms of taste, it was nothing different from the usual cookies in market. However, this one gave me a special feeling. 

For the first time I was given a gift from a girl. Even if it was just a payback for my help to her, I still loved it. Talking about Otosaki Rei, I wondered if she was mentally stable right now. She did look like well today. 

I did promise her that I would help her get together with Rintaro. But the task is extremely difficult. 

Anyway... I will think about that after our midterm exams. Right now, the midterms are the most important thing for me.

At that very moment, my phone began ringing. It was from an unknown number. I answered it without thinking much.

"Hello?" (Itakura)

"Ah! Daichi-kun." (Rei)

"O-Otosaki-san?!" (Itakura)

I was a little surprised. I remembered I gave her my number today, but I didn't expect her to call me so quick. 

"What? Don't tell me, you didn't save my number?" (Rei)

"N-No. I forgot to save it." (Itakura)

"Jeez. It's only me who was excited I guess..." (Rei)

"Excited?" (Itakura)

"N-Nothing!" (Rei)

"So why did you call me?" (Itakura)

"Why? Can't I call you normally?" (Rei)

She responded with a sulky voice. Her mood was definitely not good.

"No you absolutely can! Sorry if I sounded rude..." (Itakura)

"I-It's okay. I also shouldn't have responded like that. Actually whenever I think about Rintaro and that b*tch, my blood boils. And I end up taking my anger out on Daichi-kun." (Rei)

"I see. So you're currently angry?" (Itakura)

"Y-Yeah. I'm fuming. That's why I wanted to talk to someone else to relax." (Rei)

"So that's why you called me." (Itakura)

"Yeah. Wait, I'm not disturbing you, right?" (Rei)

"Haha don't worry. You can talk whatever you like to me until you relax." (Itakura)

"Really? Thank you! I'll start with Rintaro then. When we were like 5 years old...." (Rei)

As I expected, she began talking about her dear childhood friend. I wondered if Rintaro never realised that she liked him this much. Or maybe he did realise it, however he didn't like her back. Or maybe there were some other reasons. 

Well, in any case, childhood friends are normally the ones who get heartbroken in most romantic animes or manga. Is Shirogane Rintaro that type of a harem protagonist? 

Okay, Otosaki had, by now, covered the 10 years history of her relationship. She was still going by the way on the phone.

"Otosaki-san, I think you should go eat dinner for now." (Itakura)

"Huh? Oh I see. It got a little bit late. But then... I wanted to talk a little more." (Rei)

"You can talk tomorrow at school." (Itakura)

"I see! Then let's meet tomorrow at lunch. Thank you, Daichi-kun." (Rei)

She then finally cut the call. I was completely exhausted by then. 

Anyway, I checked my clock and... it was 9 PM...

She really went on about her relationship for 2 hours... Well, at least she was satisfied. Even though I was bored, but I still didn't want her to stop because it might deteriorate her mood again.

At that moment, I got a message notification from someone else. It was Tachibana senpai. 

<How are you doing Dai-kun? I'm thinking about having a study session this weekend. Tomorrow we will discuss about it. Mai-chan is weak at studies so it will be good for her.>

<Okay, Senpai. Even though I don't really think it would help her.>

<Thank you, Dai-kun. By the way, be safe from that girl.>

<Are you talking about Otosaki?>

<Yes. I don't really trust that girl. Bye~>

                                   ♡

The next day, when I was relaxing on my seat at the school, I saw my best friend talking with his girlfriend as usual. Well yesterday, unusually he was talking with some other girl, which caused a little bit suspicion for me.

As I was thinking about that other girl, she suddenly appeared out of nowhere. 

"Oh Remon! What's the matter?"

Keiichi was as usual smiling at Wakamiya. However I was interested on the reaction of his girlfriend. Chihaya Rikka, Keiichi's girlfriend, was not looking that anxious. So maybe I was wrongly suspicious about them. Sometimes even I need to calm down

Suddenly, Chihaya looked at me. Surprised, I tried to look innocent. However, Chihaya left her companions and came towards me.

"Daichi-kun, right?", she asked.

"Y-Yeah."

"I see. You're Keiichi's best friend. Thank you for always taking care of Keiichi.", she smiled at me.

I was a little relaxed after hearing that she wasn't thinking me as a suspicious person. 

"By the way, do you know that girl?", Chihaya asked.

"Huh? No, I only know her name. She is Wakamiya Remon.", I honestly answered.

"I see.", she answered with her usual poker face. However, I would understand if she gets a little bit anxious. 

No matter how you see this, the situation was definitely awkward for Chihaya. Keiichi needed to understand that issue. I would talk to him later about this. Keiichi needs to read the room.

"Oh by the way, that girl is wavering you for a long time now.", Chihaya said.

"Huh? Which girl?", I said as I looked at outside. And I found... 

"Otosaki-san? What are you doing here?", I went outside the class and asked her.

"Huh? Didn't you say last night we would talk at lunch?", she asked in a surprised face.

"Ahh... yes I said. Then where do you want to talk, Otosaki-san?"

Even though I was not interested to hear about Shirogane but again, there's no way I could have rejected Otosaki. It's not just because she might become mentally unstable again, but also due to her giving me those lovely cookies.

"Umm... let's go to the other side of the building. There normally very few students come.", she answered. "Also... I have made some lunch for both of us."

"Ehhhhhhhhhhh."

"W-What happened?"

"N-No... you have made lunch for me?"

"Y-Yes. Do you hate it?"

"O-Of course not!", Rather I was blessed. 

"Then shall we go?", she smiled and asked.

"Yeah!"

[To be continued]

9