Chapter 14: Welcome to the Club – Otosaki
264 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Reminder:

If you forget about any character, just check the Glossary. Also check their academic year and classes because things are going to get a little complicated from now on.

Also a slight spoiler for concerned readers: 

Spoiler

There might be a lot of love triangles coming in this story but nothing will interfere Daichi x Otosaki relationship, I promise. Also this chapter will be one of the few ones to have little less fluffy moments. From next chapter on, there will be more.

[collapse]


Daichi Itakura:

"So... what I wanted to say is... Otosaki really wants to join this club. I believe she will definitely be a good help. Can she join?"

Right now, both I and Otosaki were standing in front of the table in the clubroom. Meanwhile the usual other three members were sitting there, carefully hearing whatever I said. 

I glanced at Otosaki, who was shyly standing behind me. Honestly I still didn't understand why she was so eager to join this club. Maybe she wanted to be involved in some work so that she didn't get lonely most of the time. 

In any case, I didn't want to disappoint her. Thus I ended up requesting to all the members on her behalf. I knew her mental state was vulnerable and she could get depressed very easily. Also, if I was completely honest, even I wanted her to be part of the club... I loved the time I got to spend together with her.

Yeah... It was just my guilty feelings.

"Well... I have absolutely no problem.", Hajime senpai casually said while eating a piece of cookie.

"Even I have no problems. Welcome Otosaki-san!", Yanami also said with a gentle smile. 

Great! Two members already agreed to let her join. However, there was a third member as well. And she was not looking so pleased.

"So... Otosaki-san wants to join huh?", Tachibana senpai looked at Otosaki with a serious face.

"Y-Yes."

"But... can you really help others? I mean you had your own problems a few days ago."

"Yes, but thanks to Daichi-kun, I'm absolutely fine right now. And I also want to repay this club by helping in your work."

Tachibana senpai looked at her and sighed. She then said something looking other way:

"This girl can't even lie properly."

However, Senpai said so slowly that neither me nor Otosaki could hear that.

Tachibana senpai then looked straight at Otosaki and said,

"Fine. You can join the club."

Otosaki looked so happy as if she couldn't believe Senpai just granted her wish. 

"T-Thank you."

"It's okay. Ultimately more members are good for our club. Take that extra chair from there and have a seat, Otosaki."

Even though Tachibana senpai granted her, she did look a little nervous. She then took the chair and placed it exactly right next to my chair.

So basically she sat at the at right side of me. I felt she was a little too close to me.

"Let's celebrate with our new member! Here take some cookies which Tachibana brought. Sorry if it tastes bad."

Hajime senpai happily lent some of the cookies to Otosaki. 

"Oi Hajime, whose cookies are you calling bad? Do you know how much I worked hard to make these cookies for you all?"

Tachibana senpai protested to Hajime senpai after his bad remarks. I took a cookie and ate myself. I wouldn't say it was that great but it was not bad by any means. 

"Honestly I found these cookies very tasty, senpai." (Daichi)

"That's my Dai-kun! See, this is why you're my best Kouhai ever." (Tachibana)

"Nah, he is just trying to make you feel good. It's honestly not that good." (Yanami)

"Mai-chan! Is this how you should treat your senpai? You should learn something from Dai-kun." (Tachibana)

At that moment, suddenly Otosaki said something, which we couldn't hear properly.

"Eh? Otosaki-san, did you say something?" (Tachibana)

Otosaki gave Tachibana senpai an unusually stern look and said,

"It's good." (Otosaki)

"Really? See, Mai-chan. Even Otosaki-san likes my cookies." (Tachibana)

While senpai was boasting to Yanami, I felt a tug on my sleeves. It was Otosaki who came closer and whispered in my ears so that nobody else could hear:

"It's good... but..."

"But?"

"I will make even better cookies for you, Daichi-kun."

My heart skipped a beat. 

Does this girl not realise how dangerous her cute behaviour is for my heart?

"You don't need to go that far you know? I already know how good Otosaki's cooking is.".

"No... I still want to make cookies, only for Daichi-kun, and no one else."

"O-Okay then. Thank you, Otosaki."

You are going to kill me with those cute words. 

At that moment, the door opened and entered a tall guy with shaved head. It was Kazama Eiji, the junior student who once came for help last week.

"Umm... Hajime senpai, you said you would help me practice?"

"Ah yes Kazama! Now, that the exams are over, let's do our 100%!"

Hajime senpai immediately left with Kazama. Otosaki was confused about what was going on so I briefly explained her about Kazama's case.

"By the way, what sports are you all going to take participate in the sports day?"

Tachibana senpai asked all of us.

"I'm going to participate in volleyball.", Yanami-san said.

"What about Otosaki-san and Dai-kun?" (Tachibana)

"I haven't thought of yet... I'll probably be just a volunteer and not take part in actual sports. I'm not good." (Otosaki)

"Wow, you're exactly same as me, Otosaki-san. Hajime is taking part in Relay Race by the way. What about Dai-kun?" (Tachibana)

"Keiichi was asking me to join the baseball team with him. So I'm thinking about the same." (Daichi)

Both I and Keiichi had played baseball in middle school. Keiichi was an absolutely brilliant hitter, while I was a good pitcher. 

"Eh? Daichi-san can play baseball? That was unexpected." (Yanami)

"Why is that unexpected? What is your point?" (Daichi)

This girl never failed to piss me off. 

"Really? I'll be cheering for Dai-kun then!" (Tachibana)

"Me too. I'll be cheering for you and your team, Daichi-kun." (Otosaki)

I needed to remind Otosaki one important thing. 

"Actually Otosaki, the matter is that there will be two teams. One consists Class A, B and C. The other consists Class D, E and F. So as Otosaki is in Class D and I'm in Class B, Otosaki should technically support my opposite team." (Daichi)

"............................................ I said I will be cheering for you and your team, Daichi-kun." (Otosaki)

"Oh..... okay." (Daichi)

Both Tachibana senpai and Yanami burst into laughter after hearing our conversation. 

"Fufu... you're so idiot, Dai-kun. Do you think anyone going to support their class out of loyality?" (Tachibana)

Ah yeah... I should have understood that....

"I'll support your team as well, Daichi-san." (Yanami)

"Wow, that's unexpected for you to cheer me." (Daichi)

"Not for you LOL. For someone else...." (Yanami)

Yanami looked at other direction with her cheeks being a little reddened.

Someone else? Who did Yanami mean by someone else?

At that very moment, someone entered the class... and I knew who it was.

Chihaya Rikka.... Keiichi's girlfriend. 

"Can I.... enter?", she meekly asked. 

"Yes!", Tachibana senpai approved.

As soon as she entered, she saw me and.... tried to look as much indifferent as possible. However, I could say she was freaked out inside her mind. 

In the end I decided to act as if I didn't know her.

"Tell us what is your problem." (Tachibana)

"Umm... I want to ask... should I stalk my boyfriend?" (Chihaya)

"""Eh....."""

All of us had the same reaction.

[To be continued]

6