Chapter 17: Daichi’s confession to Otosaki
201 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alrighty, I needed to edit this chapter a lot, because this is the important chapter so far in this story. I hope you like it.



Daichi Itakura:

"I.... just wanted to say.... that I've always... jeez that's so tough!"

Right now, I was in my bedroom, practising of confessing to Otosaki. I was trying different ways to confess but none of them were satisfying. My confidence in confessions was at all time low.

I confessed four times and got rejected everytime by different girls. However, this time it was looking a little bit different than before. Otosaki, unlike other girls, had openly expressed her affection towards me. 

However is that affection big enough for her to accept my confession and become my girlfriend?

"Honestly I don't think any girl will like to date me...", I sadly mumbled while looking my face at the mirror. I was not that ugly but... I was just unattractive.

"My little bro, you look very tensed."

Suddenly the door of my room was opened and in came my big sister, Rin. Rin was in her first year of university. 

"You know, Big Sis, one needs to knock before coming to someone else's room."

"Forget that, tell me what's bothering you."

"Nothing."

"I guessed it. You fell in love again with someone right?"

"HOW THE HECK DID YOU GUESS IT?"

"Bro is very easy to read you know."

I sighed in frustration. Was I really like an open book?

"Okay so who was this new girl? Come on tell me please. I will help you."

"Jeez okay. But you already tried to help me before and none of your advices worked."

In the past, Rin had given plenty of advices to me how to capture a girl's heart. None of them actually made a difference. 

"I know. But who knows, this time my advice might work."

In the end I decided to tell about Otosaki to my big sister. Rin heard all of my story eagerly.

"Whoa what a girl! This girl Otosaki Rei... might be the best girl my brother has ever met."

"Well... I too think so."

Otosaki certainly was special. She was scary at a few times, but I also found her to be the cutest at most times. 

"Fufu...you are completely fallen in love."

"W-Well even if it's so, what can I do? I have no confidence in confessing."

"Don't worry my dear bro. I have confidence that girl also loves you."

"Really... aren't you a little too optimistic?"

"No. I'm sure. And I have a great plan as well."

"What plan?"

What was my sister cooking in her mind?

"I won't tell you LOL."

"Seriously... don't do anything. I have no confidence in you."

"Oh come on. Just remember to confess during lunch tomorrow."

"At the time of Lunch? Okay I'll try... but I'll probably get rejected again."

"Don't be so pessimistic. And I think you should eat dinner now."

I looked at the clock and it was indeed dinner time. I was a little hungry too.

"Okay let's go eat."

"Ah I will go a little later. Goku can you give me your phone for a few minutes?"

"Huh why?"

Why did she need my phone suddenly?

"I wanted to play that candy crush game. My phone is in charge right now."

"Umm okay. But only for a few minutes."

I gave my phone to her and went downstairs to eat dinner.

Otosaki Rei:

"Daichi-kun... I just... just... you know... Jeeeezzz! It's so tough."

Right now, I was in my bedroom practising of confessing my love to Daichi-kun. But it was... so difficult. I couldn't find any satisfactory way to do this.

I rested my head on my bed in frustration. 

"Daichi-kun... you won't reject me right?"

Daichi-kun did say that he would never reject me1Chapter 12. However he might have just said it to make me feel good. 

"Daichi-kun... I love you too much. But how to say this?"

Ring Ring

At that moment, my phone was ringing. I picked it up and the caller was...

"Daichi-kun!?"

Why was Daichi-kun calling me right now? My heart was pounding fast.

I answered the call.

"Hello Daichi-kun?"

"So you are Otosaki?"

"Eh... who are you?"

It wasn't Daichi-kun? It was a ladylike voice. And the voice was not even of someone I knew. 

"Fufu... I won't tell you exactly who I am. But... just know that I'm very close to Daichi."

"EHHHH??!!!"

What the heck was this girl talking? And why was she using Daichi-kun's phone?

"So... are you worried?"

"Who are you? Why are you using Daichi-kun's phone?"

"You can ask Daichi tomorrow on lunch about me. Fufu... until then just guess who I am. My name is Rin by the way. And I'm very special to him."

Cut

The phone was cut...

What just happened...?

Who was that girl?

Someone special to Daichi-kun.... somebody other than me... 

Don't tell me... Daichi-kun had a girlfriend all this time?

Yeah... it's possible...

Such a kind boy like him definitely had a girlfriend...

That meant... I was totally delusional thinking Daichi-kun would be mine...

But....

I still wanted Daichi-kun... to be mine...

Should I kill that girl?

But then... Daichi-kun would hate me... 

Tears began to well up my eyes.

"Daichi-kun..."

Daichi Itakura:

Next day lunch...

As soon as lunchtime arrived... my heartbeat accelerated. I needed to go to Otosaki now. 

I went outside and directed towards Otosaki's class. However... Otosaki was standing just a few distance away, as if waiting for me.

"Otosaki..."

I called her and she looked at me. I went close to her and suddenly I noticed something...

Otosaki's cute eyes... had dark circles under them. And it looked like she tried to hide them using makeup but failed. 

"Hey Otosaki... your eyes..."

"......."

"Did you... perhaps not sleep well last night?"

"......."

Otosaki didn't reply but she kept looking at me with a sad face.

"Hey... did something happen?"

"......."

"Otosaki... you're crying?"

I saw tears coming out of her eyes.

"Daichi-kun..."

She was absolutely crying now. I didn't understand anything. But I decided to gently pat her head.

"Let's go to our usual place okay. There tell me everything."

We then went to the usual quiet staircase where we used to sit. Otosaki was still crying.

"D-Daichi-kun... you have a girlfriend, don't you?"

"WHAT??!!"

That's a brand new information which even I didn't know.

"Last night your girlfriend called me."

"What are you even saying? I have no girlfriend!"

"But then... that special girl...."

"What special girl?"

Otosaki then explained me everything whatever happened. I then remembered that I did give my phone to Rin last night. 

"Wait! So Rin called you!? And said all of this."

"Y-Yeah..."

Sis, what the hell were you thinking while doing all this prank to Otosaki? I'm going to kill you tonight. 

"Otosaki I'm sorry what happened... but Rin is actually my big sister."

"Eh.........."

"Yes! She is my big sister. And she probably pranked you."

"R-Really.... you're telling the truth right, Daichi-kun?"

"Of course! Wait I'll show you her picture."

I then showed her one of our family pictures to Otosaki. However, she still didn't look that convinced. 

"Wait Otosaki... I'll directly call her."

I then did a call to my sister immediately. Luckily she answered it without delay. I turned on the speaker mode so we both could hear her.

"Hello?" (Rin)

"Hello what the f*ck did you say to Otosaki last night?" (Daichi)

"Haha so Otosaki is with you?" (Rin)

"Yeah. Apologise to her." (Daichi)

"Yeah yeah. Sorry Otosaki-san. I just couldn't resist myself to prank on you." (Rin)

"I-I see.", Otosaki meekly answered. She finally looked convinced that it was all a prank by Rin.

I took back the phone and was about to scold Rin.

At this moment, Otosaki suddenly held my arm. For some reasons, she was still looking unwell.

"Otosaki... I'm sorry for my sister."

"I hate it..."

"Eh?"

She then looked at me with her moist eyes.

"I hate it... when I see some other girls being close to Daichi-kun."

"Eh... Otosaki..."

"Even though it was just a prank, I couldn't sleep last night due to this."

It seemed as if.... though her yandere instincts were back. Why? 

She then held both of my hands and looked straight into my eyes.

"Then promise me..."

"Promise?"

"Promise me... that you'll never get close to any other girl than me."

"Otosaki..."

Jeez... If you kept on your cute behaviour, I couldn't hold back anymore. 

She strengthened her grip on my hands and repeated.

"Promise me... please."

"Otosaki... I can't look at any other girls..."

I put on a wry smile and gently stroked her head.

"Eh?", Otosaki tilted her head in confusion. 

"I can't look at any other girl... because I have completely fallen head over heels for you, Otosaki."

".........."

"I'm completely in love with you, Otosaki."

"Daichi-kun...."

I was anxiously waiting for her reply. But she didn't say anything other than 'Daichi-kun'. Her eyes were still moist but she smiled.

Her smile was so beautiful... I could watch it whole day.

"You did it, my little bro!" (Rin)

"Why the hell are you still on the call!?" (Daichi)

"Because you didn't cut it." (Rin)

"I'm cutting it now!" (Daichi)

Cut

"Fufu...." (Otosaki)

Meanwhile Otosaki just laughed at our conversation. 

She smiled and kept on playfully pulling my cheeks, as usual. But I didn't feel any pain from that. Because I could watch her beautiful smile.

I could easily understand that she was happy

[To be continued]

7