Chapter 1: Am I not dead? Or is death just an illusion?
53 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Am… Am I dead?” I wondered, as I felt this great liberation and clarity of mind that I never felt before.

The feeling of peace was indescribable, yet somehow my confusion grew for every moment that I spent feeling it.

Did I go 0/1 in real life?

How could I feel peace with such an end?

I… I was fighting! Yes, I was fighting those bastards!

They… what did they do?

Did they bully some girl?

No… I am not the sort of person that would intervene in that.

So… what was I fighting for?

Was… was it my new coat?

No matter how much I tried to reason with my self on what was my reason for fighting, only my new coat came to mind.

It was a greatcoat, quite heavy, made out of wool. Yet its comfort was unexpectedly great.

Thanks to it did I discover the great beauty that wearing a coat would give me. The feeling of power was immense, as I felt like some social elite!

It really could be because of that new coat that I bought. Such a beautiful piece of clothing was my most worthy object!

And they… they spat on it!

--beepus boopus, you have been chosen for the awakening of your primordial genetic potential--

W h a t

The fuck is my primordial genetic potential?

Do I return to monke?

--Beepus Boopus, you will achieve immense strength. Always remember, it was man who was made in the Lords image!--

And with such a message, my mind flew back into my body!

*
*
*

“OI! Wake up!” a gangster said over my body.

My eyelids were as heavy as lead, so I tried opening them.

It was like falling asleep at 5 in the morning when you have school only two hour later. That feeling when you fall deeply asleep, yet must wake up even though your only wish is to close your eyes.

But now that feeling was a bit, and only a pretty damn large bit, harder. It was as though my eyes were glued shut with super glue.

“Boss! He might be dead!” spoke one gangster, clearly frightened.

It was truly a sad feeling, especially when it was so comfortable to actually keep my eyes closed.

But good thing must come to an end, so I forced myself to open my eyes.

The sudden opening of my eyelids frightened a ruffian who was staring at me, but then he breathed a sigh of relief.

“So you’re alive!” a younger man said,” I almost thought I’d have to get dad to bail me out…”

So he was not worried for my well being, but for himself?

Damn. Just to think about the lack of humanity in some people.

I slowly got back up, as I touched the back of my head…

It still hurt.

“So who the fuck are you anyway? Huh?” said the young man.

“Boss I thought he was your enemy…” said another.

Well, I just wanted a fucking compensation.

“So you’re the son of a bitch who threw a bottle at me, eh?” I said,” But who is the pussy who hit me in the head?”

The young man scowled, as he took a look at me.

He seemed to look down on me, eh?

Looking down on ME?

Fucking hell. I’ll kill the bastard.

“Get lost before I actually kill you! It was my mercy for you to live!” he said.

I lifted my leg and took a step towards him.

But the scowl on his face grew bigger.

“Song Su, Gu Chao!” he said,” cripple the foreign dog.”

“Gladly boss!” one of them said, as he rushed at me.

To rush at me, unarmed of all things, is suicide!

I lifted my arms up into a boxing stance, and in just a few seconds he closed the distance and swung his fist at me.

I promptly dodged it, and shot out with a left jab, and struck his chin with incredible speed.

The man flew back a few meters.

What.

The.

Fuck.

The fuck was that? I’m a good boxer, yeah! But since when did I get the power to send a man flying?

“Gu Chao!” the other man cried out with tears in his eyes, as he lifted the iron pipe and charged at me.

God damn, let me process this!

But he didn’t, so I was forced to slug him in the face.

The other man, who I assumed was Song Su, also flew back.

Finally, I took a look at the youngest mans face.

Now, the scowl on his face disappeared. Now, it was replaced by a clearly frightened expression.

But he clenched his teeth, and put on a brave front.

“What do you want?” he asked, forcing himself to not appear frightened.

“I want monetary compensation for my coat.”

“What? It was because of the coat?” he asked, clearly flabbergasted by how someone would awaken super powers just because of their coat getting fucked.

Not gonna lie, I am also confused by that.

Was it so stressful for me to get my coat fucked and by head bashed in with a pipe that awakened a superpower?

“Yes,” I said,” But you threw a glass bottle at me. Anyway, just give me the money.”

As I said that, he reached for his pocket.

A gun? I doubt that.

Its very hard for anyone outside the government to get a gun here…

Even the powerful families rarely have guns. After all, guns are power, and the party doesn’t like people having power.

Didn’t the former chairman say that political power grows out of a barrel of a gun?

But at any rate, its rare for people to have a gun.

So its probably a knife or something…

“Here! There is a card, its code is ******, there’s also a bit of money, two thousand or so yuan.” he said as he threw his wallet at me.

“No need,” I said as I picked the wallet up,” I have no need for card. I’ll just take the cash, and leave.”

Well, I can’t really kill him to cut off the grass. I’ve yet to know if I’m resistant to guns!

Though even if I am, how would I do against an anti material rifle is still a question…

Unless I killed his other two friends.

In that case, I am very much fucked!

“What? No! Take it all, I insist! Let bygones be bygones!” he said.

And then, I heard the sound that I didn’t want to hear.

“Murija!” I shouted in my native tongue, as I started running.

0