39
95 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What do you mean?" The impatient Mr Crow asked. He couldn't grasp what Adhi was getting at.

Adhi smiled, hearing Mr Crow's question. And instead of Adhi, Eve replied. 

"He suggests that we leverage the current situation to our benefit. The coronavirus pandemic is rapidly spreading across other countries. While it may not pose a significant threat to the majority of the population, it remains a potentially dangerous virus. Those who are at the highest risk of severe illness from this disease are the elderly and newborns. So, imagine what will happen when the public knows that disease is spreading near their home." 

"It would be pandemonium. Most families around here have newborn babies or elderly people." Keerthy said. Suddenly, she understood what Adhi meant. "Once the risk of a pandemic is established, we can impose lockdown similar to what other countries did and prevent the public from interfering with our work." 

"Furthermore, we could explore the possibility of mobilising the army to assist us. This approach not only provides us with a legitimate reason to invite them but also offers a viable solution to our manpower challenges." Adhi added. 

"However, I see a possibility that it will negatively impact the lives of the people," Keerthy commented.

"I think so, too." Adhi agreed with the sentiment. "But, I think it is a tradeoff that we have to accept to ensure the safety of the public."

In his past life, Adhi didn't come across any information about something similar happening. That means the Guardians were able to hide the information from the public and solve the problem of the mutant creatures. 

However, he couldn't be sure of anything right now. With his interaction with the current timeline, he might have screwed up a lot of things. That includes the possibility that the Guardians could solve the problem alone. 

That was why Adhi suggested his plan. It was better to take the initiative than wait for a future that may or may not happen. 

And the coronavirus lockdown was something that would happen either way. He knew that Kerala would be the first state to have a case of coronavirus. 

Due to the long incubation period of coronavirus, it might have already spread among the general population. The outbreak would have happened even without Adhi's intervention. 

So, preparing for it beforehand might actually give an upper hand in the fight against coronavirus. At the same time, he would be able to solve the problem of mutant creatures. 

That was like killing two birds with one stone. 

"I agree with him," Eve said after careful consideration. "It appears to be the most effective means of ensuring everyone's safety. Even though it may be seen as disseminating misinformation as we respond to a non-existent disease, it's a preferable alternative to allowing people to unknowingly face the danger of encountering mutant animals."

"Hm…Sigh." Finally, Mr Crow nodded with a dispirited sigh. 

"Don't appear so disheartened. Let's view this as early preparation for the potential coronavirus pandemic, and it may not be premature at all. We cannot discount the possibility of actual coronavirus cases in Iritty." Adhi said from the side, knowing all too well that he was correct. 

"Yes, let's focus on the positive," Eve said in support. 

She was pleasantly surprised by the solution Adhi had offered. She had never anticipated that he would have any insights, considering his young age. Despite his knowledge of stock markets and his business acumen, she assumed that he wouldn't be helpful.

However, Adhi surpassed her expectations and demonstrated that he was not just an ordinary young man. 

Soon after, Eve began to busy herself. She called all the influential people she knew and began to create an execution plan. 

Keerthy stayed close to her while the Team 2 members decided to continue hunting the mutant creatures. 

A group of researchers came from the research facility of the Guardians and began to collect samples. 

Adhi left shortly after cleaning himself and changing to a new pair of clothes. He carried a leg of the mutant boar on his shoulder and walked home. He planned to cook it as fast as he could and consume it. Maybe that way, he might be able to sense Ether. 

The researchers were not happy with what he was doing, but they allowed it nonetheless after being glared at by Eve.

It took him a couple of minutes to reach home. It was already two in the morning. The cold night wind blew across his face as he closed in on his home. 

Instead of directly going towards the door and opening it, he climbed the stairs outside and walked towards the rooftop room.

This room was supposed to be occupied by Keerthy. However, after her injuries, she stayed in the research facility. 

"Tap. Tap." Adhi knocked on the door. 

Footsteps from the other side of the door close in on Adhi. 

"Adhi?" A voice spoke.

"Yes, open the door, Vik." 

After confirming it was Adhi, unlike last time, the person on the other side opened the door. He was shocked to see the figure of Adhi carrying something big covered in plastic on his shoulder. 

"You look just like Hanuman carrying the mountain. What is that?" He asked while curiously looking at the plastic mountain on Adhi's shoulder.

Suddenly, he noticed a pool of blood inside and said, "F*ck! What kind of bloody thing is it this time?" He said, remembering what had happened previously.

Last time, it was a barely alive Keerthy covered in blood. So, he wanted to know what thing covered in blood he was dealing with this time. 

"Heh, he." Adhi smiled and walked into the hall. 

"Don't smile like a serial killer and explain." 

"It's dead already." He sniggered and said. 

"I assume it's not a person." 

"He he…"

While Adhi and Vik were conversing, another person was sitting on a chair nearby and observing it all. She was tied to the chair tightly, with her mouth covered by tape. 

Hearing the things they said, her heart was about to leap out of her chest.

'What mess did I get myself into.' She thought in desperation. 

 

[check web novel for more chapters]Link to the novel

8