42
87 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Maya sighed in relief after hearing Adhi's reply. The fact that he is willing to share the information with the public means that she will be allowed to leave. Her life was safe for now. 

"You are willing to share the information. Why? Most of the time, those who have power are unwilling to share the advantage they have with others. Now, you have the said advantage. So, why?" Maya inquired. 

"I could ask you the same question. Why do you want to find and share information about the UFOs?" Adhi didn't answer immediately. He wanted to know what answer Maya would come up with first. 

The current conversation was like an interview. Adhi was the interviewer, and Maya was the interviewee. Adhi asked the questions to get a clearer picture of the thoughts, morality and ethics of the person called Maya, who was seated before him.

"I do my work believing that it will lead to a better future," Maya replied.

"How can the knowledge about aliens lead to a better future?" 

"It's not merely about the aliens; it's about the systematic lies perpetuated by those in power in our society. I firmly believe that the persistence of this current state could lead to the crumbling of democracy. By substantiating the existence of UFOs, I aim to prove my point to the world." 

She paused for a moment to look at Adhi's reaction. He was still as unreadable as ever. Taking some time to think, she continued, 

"And, If I were wrong about the aliens, I would be just a crazy person who wasted her time. But, if I am right, I think it is my responsibility to share my findings with the world." She heaved a sigh at the end of her sentence. 

Adhi finally knew what Vik meant when he said he had mailed some trustworthy individuals. Maya does seem trustworthy. 

"You believe that it is the right of the public to know the truth, and I believe that it is necessary. Our goals are aligned, so how about working together?" Adhi extended the olive branch. 

"What do you mean by necessary." 

Adhi smiled and casually replied, "The world is about to go through some serious change. So, I believe the public should know about that."

"What?" Maya looked questioningly at Adhi.

"That story is for another time. But I will share it with you once you agree to work with us." Speaking that, Adhi turned to Vik. "You can contact Vikram through email for that. Try to be subtle about the interactions; there are a lot of eyes on me these days." 

Adhi gave a warning and decided to end the conversation. He made sure that Maya wouldn't leak the information prematurely by promising to give her proof about the UFO crashing incident later. And he didn't forget to remove the memory cards from her cameras and voice recorders just to be sure. 

Then, he promptly sent her off. 

It was almost five in the morning. After the hectic day, he wanted some shut-eye. He decided to consume the mutant boar meat and sleep. 

Meanwhile, in a faraway mansion. A phone call broke the silence and woke up Vasu, the CEO of VSB. 

It was five in the morning. He felt the anger to murder the caller. 

But once he saw the caller's ID, he curiously picked up the phone and answered. The caller was the leader of the ruling political party in that region. 

"What is it?" 

"Sir, there is a problem." The person on the other end spoke politely. 

"What happened?" 

"There are some talks about coronavirus in the city. There are plans to lockdown Iritty based on that."

Vasu instantly realised how it would affect him and his businesses. VSB was a manufacturing giant. It needed a lot of workers to function correctly, which meant that he would have to shut down his manufacturing plants while also paying them. 

The expense would increase as time goes on, and he would have to sustain heavy losses. 

Just the thought angered him. 

"Delay it as long as you can. I will contact you later." Vasu said and ended the call. 

However, he didn't have any time to process it before another call came. This time, Vasu showed no anger but showed a humble attitude when he answered the call. 

"Yes." 

"Hm."

"Okay." 

He nodded his head and agreed with everything the person said. Finally, the call ended, allowing Vasu some room to breathe. 

The call was from the higher-ups in Trinity Tech. They were saying that a group of mercenaries would be coming to Iritty. They wanted Vasu to make arrangements for them. 

Suddenly, Vasu had a premonition that something significant was about to happen.

Was the lockdown related to it?

What was the mission of the mercenaries?

Vasu was not privy to much of the top-secret information regarding what Trinity Tech does. He was just a pawn for them. 

Did he know it? 

Yes. Vasu knew his standing inside Trinity Tech. That was why he was working hard to climb up the ladder. He believed it was his destiny to work with them. 

Trinity Tech was not just a company. From the outside, they would look like a giant hedge fund that invested in a wide variety of businesses. However, hidden beneath is a focus-driven giant that specialises in investing in three primary businesses: Energy, computers, and biotechnology. 

Why these three?

It shows the ambition of Trinity Tech. Vasu once had the opportunity to see a document containing the goals of the company when he was invited to a meeting with them. They allowed him to see it deliberately, knowing that he would be interested. 

The goals were Infinite energy, Infinite computation, and Infinite time. These three things form the trinity according to them. 

Infinite energy means creating a supply of a never-ending source of energy. So, they invested heavily in nuclear fission, fusion reactors and solar fields. 

Infinite computation means using infinite energy to power the computers. They plan to create a revolution using it. An AI revolution that would change the world.

Infinite time means creating immortals by combining AI and biotech technology. They want themselves to be immortal rulers of the universe. 

By achieving these three goals, they want to take control over everything. 

And for those who have infinite money, these three goals were too enticing not to be interested, just like Vasu. 

7