46
72 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was time to take action. 

The stage has been set.

Adhi had moved his pieces carefully after regressing. Now, it was all falling to places as he intended. It was time to execute his plans. 

It took a while for Adhi to reach Eve. He went into her office in the research lab while carrying a folder.

Adhi was unfamiliar to many of the scientists present in the facility. They curiously glanced at him while Keerthy escorted him into Eve's office. They wanted to know why a youngster like Adhi was present in a top-secret research facility. But they quickly reigned in their curiosity and returned to their work. 

Their work was mainly related to mutant creatures and aliens. They had specialists from many disciplines working together to achieve the common goal of understanding alien biology and how it affects life on Earth. 

Especially the reason for the existence of the mutant creatures. 

After all, mutant creatures were an oddity they couldn't understand. These creatures were once normal animals. But due to their interaction with aliens, eating the alien corpse, they mutate radically in a short while and grow to incredible sizes. 

It was beyond abnormal. 

Even if there was a chemical mutagen they couldn't identify, which there isn't, in the corpse of the aliens, it was simply impossible for an animal to grow like that. 

So, why were they evolving?

They couldn't understand the secret to this mystery, which made them even more curious. 

Due to the limited funding, people, and mutant corpses, it was simply impossible for them to find the reason clearly. 

Their experience with superhumans was similar. They didn't fully understand the science behind the creation of superhumans. However, they knew that they could use the alien serum found on the crashed ships to create superhumans if they consumed it directly from the ship due to the short shelf life of the serum. And if they weren't able to consume it shortly after gene serum was removed from the ship, it quickly turned ineffective. 

By doing experiments on the ineffective gene serums, they found a way to make it viable again. In the process, they found that they could make up to ten superhumans from a single inert vial. 

Unfortunately, the scientist, lacking awareness of the existence of ether, overlooked the distinction between the superhumans created from the alien gene serum and those engineered using the modified variant.

At that time, even the superhumans that were created by alien gene serum couldn't control or use ether. They only showed some physical improvement over the modified gene serum, which led the scientists to believe that they were not that useful. 

Creating ten superhumans from an inert alien gene serum was considered an outstanding achievement at that time. Instead of making a few slightly better superhumans, the higher-ups decided to make more. They wanted quantity over quality.

At the same time, it was a kind of insurance to decrease the power that a single person held. More superhumans meant they were less valuable, and less strength made them easier to control. 

It was a win-win from their point of view. 

And the limiting factor in creating thousands of superhumans was the alien gene serum. Even for the modified version, they required the black box called alien gene serum, which they couldn't fully understand. 

So, they reached a bottleneck in that avenue, too. 

But things have changed as of lately. 

Suddenly, they got their hands on a large number of mutant creature corpses. 

Typically, acquiring mutant creatures proved challenging, but the sudden influx of crashed alien ships resulted in an increased presence of these creatures in the wild, making capture more accessible.

The combination of technological advancements and newly invented scientific tools enabled a deeper understanding of the challenges faced. This progress fostered a sense that the bottleneck hindering their efforts was gradually diminishing.

In contrast to the past, particularly in the eighties or seventies when they first acquired alien technology, they now discovered that they had a chance to solve the mysteries concerning aliens, mutant creatures and superhumans. 

Hope was rekindled. 

This made the scientists work harder and harder. 

That was why, even though they were interested in Adhi, they continued their work without being bothered by his presence. 

Adhi walked into Eve's office carrying a folder. Keerthy closed the door behind him and followed suit. The interaction between both was minimal. They kept their distance as they approached Eve. 

Meanwhile, Eve was reading a report presented to her by the lead scientist at the facility, Dr Adrain Helix. She kept her eyes glued onto the report even after sensing Adhi's presence. The information displayed in it was critical. She couldn't take her eyes off it. 

Adhi took a seat right in front of her and patiently waited. He didn't mind waiting for a bit. 

'More than a hundred fifty mutant python corpses collected. Most of it was killed by Adhi. In the last few days, about fifty mutant pythons were found and killed near the city.' 

'The pythons have begun to approach the city after wiping out their prey in the mangrove forest and swamp. I need to ask team 2 to focus on the periphery of the swamp.' Eve decided as she read the report. 

And just on the next page, she saw the estimated number of mutant pythons present in the swamp. Immediately, her eyes widened. 

There was a note from Dr Adrain just below it. It said, ' Estimation was done after finding the mutant python nest. We found the eggshell of the hatchlings and verified it. The error in our estimation would be less than ten per cent.' 

'Still, 900 is a lot. Right?' She wanted to ask Dr Adrain who wrote the report. 

There were estimated to be about 900 mutant pythons still running around the area. A ten per cent error meant that it could either be about 800 or close to a thousand.

'Was the mother python a baby manufacturing factory.' 

But it was still within reason. Just imagining the size of the mutant snake made it believable that it could create a thousand offspring. 

She flipped to the last page. And she was met with more bad news. 

'Estimated to be around ten mutant boars in the region. And they had reason to believe some of them are pregnant.' 

Mutant creatures exhibit an exceptionally rapid growth rate. Their incubation and pregnancy periods are significantly shorter than those of normal creatures. This poses the imminent risk of boars multiplying swiftly if not promptly addressed, mirroring the rapid proliferation observed in mutant pythons.

Eve could imagine the enthusiasm among the scientists upon receiving the news. Their desire for more experimental subjects, whether alive or deceased, seemed insatiable, and now, they were granted precisely that.

But it had become a headache for her. 

Fortunately, there were people around her that could help her.

"Sigh." With a sigh, Eve placed the report the report she was reading on the table. 

"Most likely not good news, right?" Adhi asked.

"Hm…" Eve nodded. 

6