48
75 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dimitri led the team of mercenaries as they returned to Iritty. Vasu and his people warmly welcomed them. 

Dimitri was one of the mercenaries that smuggled the exo-suits from Iritty. He was the subordinate of the Scarface that injured Keerthy. 

This time, Dimitri was the one leading the team. He exuded confidence as he walked towards Vasu.

Last time, Dimitri and the Scarface failed their mission. They were tasked with smuggling the exo-suits out of the country. But they come across an unexpected problem called Keerthy, a superhuman. The confrontation resulted in the loss of several men and, more significantly, one of the exo-suits. It proved to be a disastrous outcome for the duo.

Despite lacking concrete evidence, Dimitri and Scarface attributed the loss of the exo-suit to Keerthy, speculating that she had stolen it from the metallic container they were transporting.

In reality, it was Adhi that snatched one away from them. He stole the exo-suit while the Scarface returned to the warehouse after killing the VSB guards. Then, he returned and saved Keethy's life and escaped.

Fortunately for Dimitri, Adhi left behind one of the exo-suits, or else, the entire mission would have been classified as a failure. In their line of work, failure was not an option.

That was why the Scarface, who failed the mission, was nowhere to be seen. No one knew what happened to him. 

The other mercenaries followed Dimitri closely as they got into the cars prepared by Vasu. Shortly after, they reached the accommodation provided by Vasu.

While Vasu was happily welcoming the mercenaries working for Trinity Tech, something was happening in the company. 

The trap prepared by Adhi to sink the titan called VSB was in full motion. 

A small media company dedicated to working for Adhi was slowly mailing all the relevant information they collected to governmental agencies and the media. They even had top secret folders containing illegal practices of VSB and many of its customers.

How did they get their hand on it?

The answer was simple: by spending a hundred million dollars of Adhi's own money.

The trap that Adhi created was complex. He first bought out business partners of VSB to get his hands on the documents containing their illegal activity. It contained proof of the illegal activities conducted by VSB.

Financial frauds, embezzlement, insider trading and other things that caused monetary loss to the public were the spear he used to take a jab at VSB.

Then, there was the list of crimes committed by people working for VSB and even Vasu. 

Combining both, he launched the first wave of attack.

By doing so, he was putting the companies he just purchased under the scrutiny of law. Which meant that his investment worth a hundred million dollars would turn to dust. Maybe he may be able to salvage some back by selling off the assets of the companies. But it was still a significant loss. 

To Adhi, it was a small price to pay to eliminate VSB. 

From the investment in crypto, Adhi had already made 150 million dollars. He still had fifty million remaining for his personal use. That was enough for him.

In the future, the value that money holds will decrease. Wisley spending it was the best thing he could do for now.

Unknown to Vasu, the emails containing his and VSB's criminal activities rained on the government agencies.

It forced the wheel of justice to turn faster.

Those who were the victims of VSB made the first move. They knew that their superiors couldn't cover for Vasu or the VSB.

They immediately registered multiple cases against Vasu.

Meanwhile, the same information was also sent to different media houses. Like sharks that sensed the blood in the water, they began taking their bite on Vasu.

Simultaneously, the enemies of VSB waited patiently like vultures.

The politicians and friends of Vasu began to distance themselves from him.

____

"Rrrrng…Rrrrng…"

Vasu's phone rang. 

Vasu, who was busy welcoming the mercenaries, finally received the information. His eyes widened, hearing the things that had happened in the short duration he was away from his company.

Immediately, he checked the email. A copy of the documents sent to the Media and other government agencies was also sent to him. He got his hands on the information from the mole he placed inside the organisations.

He quickly went through the document. He knew from where and how these leaked.

His eyes turned red in fury.

Without wasting any time, he called his previous business partners. However, all of them denied their involvement by saying that they had already sold their companies.

'A nut case spent more than a hundred million dollars to buy a dozen or so companies to trap me!' Vasu found it hard to grasp the reality.

VSB was a large corporation. They were one of the emerging unicorns of India. With a valuation of over 1.5 billion, the company has steadily grown over the past decade. 

So, who was crazy enough to do something like that against them?

Was 100 million dollars nothing to him?

When did he make an enemy like that?

To use more than 100 million dollars to attack was not something any sane person would do.

Vasu gritted his teeth and decided to spend more to silence the news. He was going to bribe everyone to hide this issue. Even if he had to sell some of his stocks, he was going to do that.

But before he could, the news of his involvement in the crimes began to spread. The news began to show video evidence of the crimes.

This news hit like a nail in the coffin.

He immediately knew he was screwed. 

The people around him began to keep their distance to avoid being implicated. That included politicians, government officers and even hired thugs. When did the situation get this worse? 

He didn't know.

Finally, Vasu turned to look at the mercenaries who were nearby. 

The only one who could help him was Trinity Tech. 

While all that was happening, Adhi returned to the mangrove forest. He was about to visit team 2 and help them eradicate the mutants.

He turned to look at the timer.

'One hour went by. Five hours remaining.' He thought.

'How will the cornered animal react? Would Trinity Tech help Vasu? Or will they reject his plea for help? 

'This is getting exciting.

'If they reject him, how will Vasu react?'

Even without being notified, Adhi knew precisely what was happening. 

Trinity Tech and the people behind it were the only ones who could help Vasu in this situation. Adhi knew it even before he attacked.

In a way, he forced the current situation to happen.

And Adhi had a good guess as to what choice Trinity Tech would make. 

A small smile bloomed on his face as he walked closer towards Team 2's location. 

6