CH: 17 – Housecat
162 5 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[ It is now, 6:00 am. It is Friday, day 5/30 of Summer. Good morning!  Your energy has been fully restored.

Your upcoming harvest reminds are below:

Two days remain until your summer plants may be harvested

Six days remain until your tomato plants may be harvested ]

I dismissed the window and looked to my right. The bed was empty and the blankets were tucked in neatly. I rubbed my eyes and sighed. Last night had been nice. Leyanna had a way of breaking me out of my shell, and I always seemed to enjoy myself when I was with her.

Nothing much had happened between us after I came back to bed. We just cuddled and fell asleep. We were both exhausted. I was kind of glad that we hadn’t gone any farther just yet. As beautiful as she was, she was also such a kind soul. I wanted to make sure we didn’t ruin things by going too fast.

I swung my legs over the side of the bed and yawned.

Still, I kind of expected her to be here when I woke up.  Is it possible I misread things? It’s not like I wanted anything special, but a goodbye would have been nice…

My thoughts were interrupted by a sizzle and a loud pop coming from the kitchen. I got to my feet and looked in the direction of the noise. There was Leyanna, in my kitchen, cooking. As though she had supernatural hearing she seemed to register the fact that I was up and spoke to me without turning:

“Oh, look who is finally out of bed! I’m just cooking up some leftovers in return for that delicious cake last night. I found a rasher of bacon, and I’m afraid this is the last of the bread. We need to take you shopping!” Leyanna said casually.

I smiled and felt happiness fill me. I had been pretending I didn’t care, but it made me feel good that she had stayed. I walked over to the kitchen to see what she was making, standing beside her and peeking over her shoulder. It looked fantastic and my stomach grumbled in anticipation. Leyanna gave me a teasing bump with her backside and winked up at me.

“Take a seat, Georgie. You are always so impatient. Don’t you know… good things come to those who wait?”

“Not too long, I hope,” I said back with a smirk, but obeyed, taking a seat at the table and awaiting my breakfast.

***

After enjoying a delicious meal the two of us took a tour of the farm. It was useful to have someone experienced like Leyanna give me advice. Although she herself was not a farmer but rather a stablemaster, she had plenty of knowledge from growing up with farmers and just living in the area. She pointed out to me the different types of trees, rocks, and long grasses that cluttered the place and advised me to do my best to begin clearing them out and gathering them as resources before winter hit.

Before too long, Leyanna had to go. She had to work today. When we parted Leyanna and I hugged. Her arms lingered around my neck a little longer than I expected and before she let go I felt the press of her lips on my cheek.

She looked up at me with doe brown eyes and smiled. “Don’t look so nervous farmboy, you think too much.” she patted my chest and then giggled. “You are lucky you are cute, you know that?” With those cryptic parting words she twirled and walked off, skipping slightly with each step.

I shook my head and whistled, looking down at Max. “She’s something else isn’t she buddy?”

He whined and pawed at his bowl. I laughed. “Okay mister one-track mind, don’t worry. One doggie breakfast coming up!”

***

After feeding Max I took out the scythe and resolved to start clearing large swathes of overgrown grasses and weeds. As I did so I received more summer seeds, fibrous plant materials, and clods of dirt which I pocketed into my inventory in large stacks. At times little critters would run from the grasses as they were cleared. Frogs, mice, and even what I believe to be a squirrel.

I had a dual purpose as I cleared the grass. The first was general cleanup. Last night had me realize my place was a mess. But the second was that I wanted to find Frannie or at the very least make it more difficult for intruders to hide on my land. And oh boy, there were lots of places to hide.

Frannie. Where could she be?

I wanted to know if she was okay and exactly what was going on with her. I certainly couldn’t have burst through my door every night, but I also worried that she had no place to go or was in distress of some kind. I wanted answers but I had nothing, only guesses.

I raised the scythe and brought it down again. I lost myself in the rhythm of my work, clearing out large patches of grass one swing at a time. It was hard and rewarding. I fell into a trance, thinking no thoughts at all, just losing myself in the rise and fall of my tool. Everything was in place. I was a well-oiled machine. I continued this way for quite some time before I stopped to take a breather.

While I was stretching my weary muscles I spotted something glinting in the sunlight, it appeared to be a structure that was badly damaged. I picked my scythe back up and cleared a path towards it. On closer inspection, it appeared to have been a greenhouse at one point. Yet another thing I owned that I was unaware of!

I pushed aside the weeds and entered the structure. Whatever the walls had been made of had been removed or corroded, there were only beams, tall grass, rocks, and a rotting roof with a tree growing through it. Still, It was at the very least serviceable as a crude shelter. There, in the center of it, surrounded by a nest of various clothes and scraps, slept Frannie in my white shirt.

Ah, so this is where you have been hiding out. All by yourself, poor thing. How long since have you been living out here?

I didn’t want to wake her but I stepped a little too close and a branch snapped, alerting her. She was on her feet in moments, hissing, her fangs and claws extended and her eyes feral and bright. I put my hands up, sensing the danger. She saw me and softened immediately, her eyes dimming, and claws retracting. She meowed and her tail wagged, but she didn't approach me, she seemed shy… bashful. I realized she was embarrassed or nervous about what had happened last night.

I walked over and pet her head. She leaned into my hand, nuzzling me.  “It's okay, Frannie. You can be honest with me, I’m not mad. Was it you that broke in last night?” I asked.

She nodded and meowed in response, her hands clenched together, her head bowed. She seemed to be apologizing.

“Don’t worry okay? You did give us a scare but that’s just because… I didn’t expect you. You are welcome, you know. But maybe let's teach you to knock or something, sound good?” I asked

Frannie nodded and looked up at me. She looked so cute and sad.

I hugged her and I felt her tremble in my arms and then press close. When we parted She seemed happier, tail wagging, the awkwardness forgotten.

“So?” I said, looking around. “This is where you have been living.”

Frannie nodded and bounded about, showing me the different things she’d collected. I did my best to act interested in the various shiny baubles and bright pieces of cloth. All the while my mind was running ahead of itself, considering why she might be living here on my land, where she came from.

“You know Frannie, this is nice but… soon the rains will come. I’m sure it will be miserable here at that time, you are welcome to stay in the cabin if you ever need to!” I said.

Frannie nearly bounced to the roof in excitement. It seemed she had no intention of waiting. She was taking me up on the offer. Right now. She began to gather her things and I helped her. Ok, so we are doing this! Already!

The truth was though it made me nervous, it felt right. I couldn’t have her living by herself in that old place. It was hazardous. And, I had to admit, I did consider that I was liable for her safety even if she was a squatter. The legal brain, I still can’t turn it off completely.

We brought her stuff back to the cabin and she immediately made a similar nest on the floor beside my bed and sat there happily. I looked at her and noticed the very large holes in her outfit, you could see a little too much of her chest with the rips there. Frannie caught me looking and grinned, lifting her shirt as if to show me more.

I put up my hands “Woah! Okay, these are exactly the wardrobe malfunctions we need to avoid if you are going to be a permanent house guest. I think we’d better pay one of the girls a visit and see if we can get you a dress, or multiple ones. Also a bed. I know you like the floor but trust me, a mattress will do wonders.”

Frannie got up, grabbed me by the arm, and meowed happily. Nuzzling my arm with her face. She was ready to go. I felt her furry ears tickle my shoulder.

“Want to leave right away, huh? You know what… we’d better find a way to cover up your ears and tail or you are going to draw a lot of attention to us,” I mused out loud.

We managed to use some of the material Frannie had gathered to give her a makeshift headscarf and wrapped her tail around the inside of her chest and shirt. Frannie giggled at my touch, ticklish but not in the slightest bit embarrassed I, on the other hand, was all too aware of my hands and cautious not to go too high or too low.

We were ready to go when Max barged in, barking up a storm and charging straight for Frannie.



Hey there! 

Do you like fantasy and harem!? I want to personally recommend Royal Blooded

Synopsis:

Eli Grayson knew there was no such thing as magic. He knew there were no other worlds filled with magical races beyond his imagining. He knew he was a regular guy, just trying to recover from a brutally difficult breakup.

That is, until he foiled an assassination attempt on an elven princess who showed him exactly how wrong he was. He's thrust headfirst into a hidden world of potent magic and sinister plots only to discover he has powers of his own. Together with his team of magical ladies he unravels the mystery behind who ordered the assassination attempt in the first place, only to discover just how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Please check it out HERE

8