CH: 28 – Elf Love
159 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

For the most part, the three girls made pretty good nurses. If there was one exception it might be Frannie. She needed a lesson or two in beside manners despite her heart being in the right place. She was so overly concerned that she kept meowing and pawing at my sides, dangerously close to the wounds that were being dressed.

Eventually Ella had to take her away to distract her. I saw them in the corner of my eye playing with and sorting out the various things we’d purchased from the fair while Leyanna finished tending to me, dressing the wounds and applying some basic poultices.

I winced as she applied one rather vigorously with both hands, to my side and then released.

“Oh come on you big baby,” Leyanna teased. “We are almost done..”

I nodded. “Thank you, I appreciate this.”

I heard a meow and a crash from the corner as, during their play, Frannie had managed to knock over a light fixture. Both her and Ella looked at us, then each other and burst into laughter.

I grinned. “Well, looks like everyone is feeling better huh?”

“Yes, yes we are George. I’m proud of you,” Leyanna said, a genuine smile on her face for the first time in a while.

It made me so happy to see Ella and Frannie get along. It made sense, I saw how the elf interacted with her little sister Kiandra. She was stern but kind and she had a lot of empathy in her heart.

I had worried if Kiandra would be okay with us going, but when I’d asked Ella earlier she had said not to worry. Ella had left Kiandra in the care of her grandmother in case we were late. Her tone had changed when she mentioned grandmother. It was not lost on me that Ella had never mentioned anything about her family at all until that moment. I didn’t pry ay further

“Ow!” I cried as a sharp, shooting pain interrupted my internal dialogue. “What the heck Leyanna I thought you said we were all done??”

She slapped my side and I cried out again. She giggled. “Oh you big baby that was just the last bandage. I said we were almost done. But that should be the last of it.”

She paused, looking me up and down ruefully. “You are lucky, you know that right?Thankfully that armor they lent you protected you, you should be all good tomorrow. But two days of combat in a row might take its toll, I think you ought to be careful from now on, okay?”

“Trust me, I want a long break from it. It’s time to get back to farming,” I replied earnestly.

There was a silent moment then. Leyanna was above me, straddling me. I got my first good look at her now in her loose nightgown. I myself was stripped at the waist. The cliches wrote themselves. Me, the wounded soldier, her the sexy nurse. I couldn’t help letting my eyes roam over her.. She blushed and tucked a lock of hair behind her ear.

“Um… George… maybe we should…” she said softly.

What’s this? She’s suddenly shy?

Frannie yawned loudly from the other corner of the room, interrupting us.. Thankfully it broke the sexual tension. Ella yawned too, stretching. Leyanna got up off of me and adjusted her clothes, remembering, we had an audience.

“Right,” the redhead said. “We should rest.”

I shook my head at the three of them.“ Really? Ready for bed already? So much for enjoying the hotel facilities, I heard they have a pool and everything!” I said with a grin.

“And what would you do there? You’d leak like a sieve with all your bandaged” Leyanna teased, her humor returning to her.

“She’s right George, we’d all better get some sleep,” Ella added.

I sighed and reluctantly agreed. I was looking around and about to offer to take the sofa when I felt Frannie pounce on the bed and immediately snuggle up beside me. Ella laid down on ther other side of the catgirl and Leyanna laid on my left.

“I guess we are sharing huh? Good thing it's pretty big, must be a King size” I said.

“Yes, it's quite comfy!” Ella said. “Although I’m not sure about this being fit for a King. A lesser lord perhaps.

“It’s just…oh nevermind,” I said, realizing that bed sizes may not translate in this world.

Leyanna poked me in the side, thankfully missing my wound. “Don’t get any ideas, okay big boy?”

“Wouldn’t dream of it!” I said. “Well… actually, dreams don’t count right?”

Ella giggled and Leyanna snorted.

Frannie just purred happily.

It’s going to be a long night.

***

[ Good Morning!

It is now 6:00 am. It is Sunday, day 7/30 of Summer. Good morning! Your energy and health have been fully restored.

Your upcoming harvest reminds are below:

TODAY your summer plants may be harvested

Four days remain until your tomato plants may be harvested ]

I groaned and rubbed my eyes. Sharing a bed with those three had not been a dear penthouse at all. Instead it had been a disaster. Feet in my belly, hair in my mouth and snoring. Oh god the snoring! Why didn’t they ever tell men that this fantasy of multiple women in one bed led to this? I guess it wouldn’t sell very well.

I checked the reminder. Well, my energy and health were back to full. That much was nice. And my summer plants were ready! Awesome! I got out of bed and surveyed the mess

The blankets and sheets were everywhere. Frannie was sprawled out on the whole of the right side and Leyanna was curled up in a ball of blankets (all of them) on the other. Ella was nowhere to be seen. I looked all around the room before I noticed the door to the balcony was ajar.

The elf maiden stood out there, the wind ruffling her nightclothes. All she wore was a thin silken dress. Her long green hair blew out behind her like a veil.

I opened the door and walked up beside Ella, taking a spot leaning against the balcony railing. I looked out at the city of Vale, standing with her but not speaking. It was a beautiful place, although it now raised many emotions in me. I knew that looks could be deceiving. Things could hide beneath the surface. Not just cities, I supposed, but the same could be said for people as well.

What secrets are we hiding, Ella and I both?

I heard Ella sigh and then do a little gasp and jump as she noticed me, she had been so lost in thought she appeared not to have seen me creep up beside her. I chuckled and apologized:

“Sorry, I was being quiet. Didn’t want to wake the girls.” I gestured behind me to the two sprawled out forms.

Ella giggled. “They are enjoying their rest, aren’t they?”

“Indeed. I guess we are the serious ones. The adults, if you can believe it,” I said with a grin.

“Mm,’ she agreed, then turned to look back out at the city. “Hey George…” she asked softly, “Um, nevermind.”

Ella tucked twirled a length of her silken hair in her fingers. Her petite features shone in the morning light. I was struck, suddenly, by her beauty.

“It’s okay, Ella. You can ask me. Whatever it was, I will answer you as best I can,” I said.

“Okay. George?” She turned to me. “I have to ask you… why did you do that? Why did you stand up to Elrick? Why do you care… about me?” A shadow passed over her face as she asked the question, the morning sunrise hidden by clouds.

I thought for a minute, choosing my words carefully. I really wanted her to understand how I felt. “Ella, you are… beautiful. Sweet. You were so kind to me when I arrived here. You have an amazing relationship with your sister. You are just a fantastic woman, truly. And I’m sorry if that's a little much… it's just true. And to see someone disrespect you, treat you like an object… I’m sorry. I know he's your fiance but it isn’t right. I couldn’t stand that. More than insulting me, disrespecting your wishes will never be okay with me. So that's why I… Ella? Are you okay?”

Ella was crying, she extended her arms and embraced me, burying her head in my chest.

“Oh my god I’m sorry,” I said dumbly.

She sniffled and wiped her eyes, looking up at me. “No silly, don’t be. That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said or done for me. One day, I want to tell you the full story about Elrick. But it is a long one. I’m trying my best to escape from him, but it isn’t easy. There is more involved than you know. For now I just need to say George… thank you.”

We looked down, our eyes met. I felt my hand across the small of her back, the feeling of her body pressed in mine. She leaned up, wrapping her fingers in my hair and kissed me with soft lips. She smelled of wild flowers and coffee.

All too soon she pulled away, wiping her hands on her sleeves. Her sense of propriety returned to us. “Let’s wake them up, alright George?”

“R-right…” I stuttered. This time, it was me, not her, who was tongue tied.

She turned and smiled. I noticed her hip swaying suggestively as she walked back into the room. I knew she was teasing me on purpose.

God. Damnit. I’m in trouble. Big trouble.

3