32- The same destiny
10 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The trip went faster, in three hours they fully entered the night lands.
The most surprising thing was:

 

"It's full of life" In a loud voice Evan looked out the carriage window.

 

Trees with dark trunks and bluish leaves on top while the lower leaves were reddish brown, the grass was a bluish green color.

 

A crimson river could be seen on the other side of the carriage, it has a salty smell similar to sea water, in addition to the smell of blood similar to tea. A smell of blood of an unknown origin.

 

It was an appealing smell, and appetizing but also relaxing and similar to the smell of home.

 

Around the river, beasts could be seen, some were gentle or well so it seemed.
Similar to a deer only with black antlers and white fur, plus red eyes. It did not look aggressive, but intimidating to the naked eye, drinking greedily a herd of these deer drank from the river of blood.

 

Several black-feathered, brown-billed ducks swam upstream, to the quiet rhythm of the carriage.

 

Birds, large as three feet could be seen in the depths of the forest, Evan barely noticed them by the loud sound of their flapping, thanks to the sound of their flapping he was able to track them with his eyes. They looked like eagles but these had a ghostly aura, more like that of demons, plus he was able to compare them since as he flew he ignored the trees and flew through them like a ghost.

 

"In an hour we will reach the nearest town Do you have somewhere to stay?" asked Aada who finished putting away the dirty dishes and the kettle.

 

"No, but I preferred to go straight to my destination. You've already helped me a lot so I think we could split up when we get to town."

 

"Split up!" she said aloud in surprise and prancing lightly in the carriage.

 

"I can take you to your destination where are you going? Is it very far? Besides it is dangerous to go outside in the night lands,even I am not totally safe with the guards surrounding my carriage" With a worried tone and with a quick pronunciation Aada tried to persuade Evan.

 

It wasn't an discussion, but it was a conversation on Aada's behalf, framing the dangers and things that could happen if he goes alone through the night lands.

 

"Besides you're a foreigner, you don't know anything about the place, and if your parents ever came here most likely many things changed since they left."

 

"I understand, I understand, I'll accept your help" With a sigh at the end Evan scratched the bridge of his nose, Aada didn't let him give himself points in favor that he could be fine alone on his journey, every comment she gave refuted his chances that he could really travel alone.

 

Besides, he has already lived through an extreme situation, one that he doesn't know how he got in or how he got out. Maybe it was a punishment from Goddess Heaven, for seeing more than he had to observe. Evan wasn't sure he blamed the Goddess, she was very suspicious but still very kind.

 

"To all this. Where are you going?" asked Aada after overwhelming Evan with convincing and reasonable words.

 

"I'm going to the Vodrak Duchy, I know someone there."

 

"Ha! this is awesome so we're going to the same place!"

 

(N/A: For those wondering, Evan totally ignored Aada's last name then emphasized the reason but just so you take into account that he is not aware of his last name even though he heard it).

 

"Really? I'd really be embarrassed if it wasn't."

 

"Don't worry I'm really going in the same direction as you."

 

Evan sighed relaxing a bit at his luck of meeting someone who had his same destination, besides he wouldn't have cared to ask for directions but being in a comfortable place that headed straight for the Vodrak duchy was quite fortunate.

 

"Then we'll skip the town and go straight to the duchy" Aada moved the curtain, sliding the window she motioned to one of the guards to indicate the change of plans.

 

So at the next change of road they took the left road instead of the right, thus going around the village to go directly to the duchy.

 

It is a week long journey, one could say that the Vodrak Duchy is the closest to the border, not to mention the territories of other nobles which are affiliated with the Vodrak Duchy.

 

The next few days, Aada and Evan talked about many things. Trivial things, but interesting, interesting enough to make the time pass quickly.

 

They didn't talk much about personal things, they didn't try to find out each other's identities, they didn't talk about their lives either. Aada tried to find out a little about Evan, but Evan was always elusive with answers so Aada stopped trying to ask about his identity or his life and tried to enjoy their time together.

 

They talked about nature and a bit about the surroundings, Evan learned a lot, stories and legends both scary and heroic. They passed through the front of several villages, Aada proceeded to tell curious things about the place.

 

On the fourth day, Evan ended up asleep. He looked tired from the day before. But he looked so alert that Aada preferred not to try to convince him to rest. When Evan woke up, he was a bit alert and grumpy, but he relaxed immediately.

 

Aada, concentrating on hand sewing, did not notice Evan's gaze.

 

Evan, who was awake, watched Aada's every gentle and dedicated movement, every movement with the needle, her nimble, expert hands weaving thread between threads. A master knitter, she ignored her surroundings and concentrated on her task.

 

Her beautiful image in the scarlet moonlight of the night lands.

 

Evan's heart fluttered and his throat tightened, the strange feeling in his eyes at the sight of her. It's feeling returned, the same feeling he felt when they first met. But this time he felt it differently, instead of that strange shiver, now it felt nostalgic, sad and a strange longing.

 

Shaking his head, he lay down more comfortably and tried to sleep on. He tried to forget what he was feeling, something impossible because he kept thinking what that strange feeling was.

 

***

 

Feeling someone shaking his shoulder, Evan woke up scratching his eyes and in the middle of a big yawn. Opening his eyes he looked at Aada who was moving her hand away from him.

 

"We'll stop for today, the guards need to rest. So I wanted to know if you wanted to accompany me to look around."

 

Evan stood up getting out of the carriage, stretched and watched as the guards set up three tents, so that 3 would take a rest and the one who stays awake would take care of them from the dangers of the forest.

 

Aada walked along a small natural path created by the trees, Evan followed her relaxed. The walk was silent, Aada always looked straight ahead without being distracted while Evan from time to time directs several glances at her from time to time.

2