1-Dream
285 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

[System has been activated]

 

[Attention guest is not of the required age] [Attention guest is not of the required age]

 

[Attention, the guest is not of the required age]

 

[Danger]

 

[Imminent danger]

 

[The host is affected by: Nightmare World]

[Please take preventive measures]

 

[Danger user not of the required age to take preventive measures]

 

[Host has been affected by: Dream World]

 

[Danger host has suffered severe damage]

 

[Using reserve power for trait maturation in a forced manner]

 

[Host's vampiric trait has matured effectively]

 

[Passive ability obtained: Eternal sleep]

[Eternal sleep: a natural ability of vampires that allows constant recovery during sleep]

 

[Sleep duration 15 years]

 

Dreams are something pleasurable for many, they are an escape from reality itself. A reality that many do not wish to face.

 

"I don't want him anymore, please change him to another orphanage" a tired voice is heard behind the door.

 

Evan is standing in front of the door which is thin like the walls, he can hear the conversations going on behind.

 

"Glup" Swallowing the saliva in his mouth he squeezed the plush bat-shaped stuffed animal and headed to his room.

 

He doesn't have to listen, he's not going to and wasn't going to, not anymore. He doesn't want to listen to the same phrases they all repeat, every manager repeats the same thing.

 

Every word they say hurts him more, it makes him angry but most of all it makes him more sad. All the complaints were about the same things, natural things that he couldn't change and didn't want to change.

 

Why would he change his mother's eyes?

 

Why would he change the color of his hair that he inherited from his mother?

 

Why would he?

 

He wouldn't, Evan wouldn't wear contact lenses to change his gray eyes, and he doesn't care that everyone thinks he has no soul because of the color of his eyes. He wouldn't dye his hair even if it looked like he had a drop of blood on it.

 

"Calm calm, I'm here" garbled whispers reached his ears, a high-pitched voice of a woman, her voice was comforting but her tone seemed sad.

 

He didn't always hear her but her voice was soothing, it wasn't always the same sometimes that voice didn't seem the same but it was still just as comforting.

 

But those voices were different, one of these was aware of what was going on while the other seemed out of her mind and her reality

 

"Ignore them, I am by your side, I always am and always will be" Another voice whispered in his ears, it was a different tone but it was clear that it was from a woman and this one seemed younger than the other.

 

Evan squeezed his bat stuffed animal and grabbed the important things from his room.

 

"Yes, hold me tight, I will never leave you I will always take care of you" whispered the voice.

 

His lips curved into a smile, he was happy even if the words came from a voice in his head.

 

In a small suitcase with wheels that she could pull and move, she left the orphanage and started walking. He ignored all the comments from the people who looked at him, some were frightened and acted aggressively.

 

"Grrrr! Damn, kid!"

 

Others got scared and walked away from him making comments about his appearance.

 

Evan in his heart of hearts wishes it would all stop, that somehow the rude comments from people no longer existed or that somehow he no longer had to listen to them.

 

"Van-ta shayu van-do" Evan practiced the language the voice taught him long ago when he was still small, a language so natural to him that he could speak it without having doubts about whether what he was saying was right or not.

 

What he said is a phrase that translates as: Blood goes, blood comes.

 

It means that the bad will go and the good will come, though he had doubts really about its real meaning as he could not understand how contradictory the phrase is If blood is bad why do you let it come back?

 

"Can we talk?" whispered Evan, but the voice answered neither one nor the other, it rarely responded, only one responded but it was enough that it was like that. That way he didn't have to face the reality he lives in, one where loneliness is constant for Evan with no company and no one to love him.

 

"Evan I love you, when this is over I will come get you and bring you to my side" the voice responded but his comment confused Evan.

 

"What do you mean, when this is over?" Confused Evan tried to ask but he started to feel tired, his body was heavy as if he had rocks in his arms. He was having trouble moving and was slowly collapsing to the ground.

 

Alarmed, he tried to look around but there was no one, no one to help him, this street was crowded with many people just a few seconds ago but now there was no one.

 

"What's wrong?"

 

"You're waking up Evan" replied the voice.

 

"But I'm not asleep"

 

"Evan, Do you remember my name?"

 

"You never told me"

 

"Lya, my name is Lya Vondrak, I'm coming to get you to give you the life you deserve."

 

Evan the moment Lya finished speaking collapsed, a white light began to blind him until he could no longer see.

 

[Guest can awaken from eternal sleep]

 

[Waking up automatically]

 

A new voice echoed in Evan's head, a genderless neutral voice, automated and emotionless like a machine, but he couldn't see what it was his eyes couldn't see but he felt that now his eyes were closed when before they were supposed to be open.

 

Hearing nothing he suddenly began to hear everything, his ears hurt as if they had never been used in a good way.

 

But what he could hear best were voices.

 

"Come on, come on wake up please" Pleas, where pleas what Evan is hearing.

 

"Again, everyone regains mana, we'll add 10 more spells."

 

Tap! Tap! Tap! Tap! Tap! Tap! Tap!

 

"Mom! Did you succeed?" A cheerful voice was heard in the distance, as she came running towards Evan's location.

 

"Will our brother wake up for his 15th birthday?" This voice was just as far away as the other, their footsteps synchronizing with each other as they approached.

 

"No, we haven't succeeded yet, the light magic is no good. We have already tried the 127+ recovery spells we have collected, even his body trembles when we use this element something that hasn't happened with the others, I thought was working but it isn't."

 

"Come on Mom I know we'll make it, the squad mom sent already came back with sap from the Elf's Sacred Tree, any moment now Enola will come running here"

 

"I hope it works!"

 

Evan struggled to open his eyes, succeeding with quite some effort.

 

All around him he could see several women walking through the aisles who had books in their hands, it was a two-story bookstore and the roof was a round glass dome. The sunlight filtering through the huge dome was uncomfortable for his eyes, even painful.

 

The pain intensified more and more without stopping, Evan with all his strength moved his body so that the sunlight did not hit him directly in the eyes, he turned with great momentum until he fell from the place where he was.

 

BANG!

 

The loud bang reached the ears of all the people in the room, they quickly turned to see where the sound came from, believing that it was most likely a book that fell.

 

When they saw that something was missing from the rectangular stone table, all alarms went off and they released all their senses to look around.

 

Needless to say, in seconds the adults covered miles with their senses.

Forgetting to check the most important place, the surroundings of the table, and the room itself.

 

Only two people did not check the surroundings, because their abilities did not allow them to do so, being the weakest among all those in the room, their cultivation being simply at the Foundation Realm, a level above the first cultivation realm, the Mortal Realm.

 

But they did notice who was at the side of the table, touching their mother who was about to cast a teleportation spell and seal the entire country where she was, to search for her son, she was stopped by the touch of her daughters.

 

"Mom," they both said in unison, not believing what was happening in front of their eyes.

 

Their mother stopped suddenly but kept the teleportation spell under her feet and started a dome spell to close the entire country.

 

She noticed the surprised look on her daughters' faces and returned to see what they were looking at so closely.

 

Crag!

 

The teleportation spell and the spell she was preparing were broken by the mental shock she received at those precise moments.

 

Your son has woken up!

 

7