19-Scarlet fire
23 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Where is he?" she asked with a grim expression.

 

Enola looked at her, her expression calm and indifferent, not giving her so much as an answer.

 

"Answer me" She commanded.

 

At his tone Enola's calm indifferent expression disappeared, turning into a look that despised her.

 

"You, don't give me orders" Enola replied, her tone cold and sharp.

 

Vayre calmed her tone of voice and rubbing her eyebrows she spoke again.

 

"Just tell me where my son is," Vayre said angrily.

 

Enola looked at her and continued sipping her tea, her expression remained cold and did not change, and neither did she give her an answer.

 

"Argh" With anger, Vayre clenched her hands making a flame bloom in her hands.

 

"You want to fight?" Enola said raising an eyebrow, she looked as if she was amused at that reaction.

 

Vayre stopped her actions, she more than anyone knows that formally speaking she couldn't beat Enola in combat.

 

Her rank informally in the War Arsenal never went above number 78, and Enola is number 20 in this ranking, making it impossible for her to beat her if it wasn't a carefully planned surprise attack for more than 3 or 4 months.

 

"Tell me where's Evan?" she said in a calm tone.

 

"You already know" Replied Enola nonchalantly, who took a sip of her tea.

 

Vayre frowned then opened her eyes with a bit of surprise. She stomped her right foot on the ground and instantly teleported to the top of the WR family's castle.

 

Her two arms form a large red circle, on the edge of the circle, several symbols were written, when this circle was finished what seemed to be almost instantaneous. Vayre was bathed in a ball of scarlet flames.

 

The dark blue night sky was bathed in a scarlet light, which was heading at high speed towards Turtle Mountain Village, its arrival would be in 40 seconds.

 

***

 

Alyssa, who had bought some fruit-scented cigars, approached Evan's location, obviously hiding her presence. She had nothing to do but address a couple of words to the village lord.

 

She only had to put the carriage in a space crack and take it to the WR residence, that was pretty fast, plus the horses did it out of habit so it didn't cost them to enter the space crack without anyone directing them.

 

As they arrived at Evan's side he was surprised at the pile of plates, wooden chopsticks, and bags lying around. Everything was empty and Evan did not stop eating.

 

He also noticed that Carmen was not at his side, but was passing from stall to stall handing out coins.

 

"He eats faster than he looks" whispered Alyssa, lighting one of her new fruity-smelling cigars.

 

Alyssa hadn't finished trying her new cigar when she turned her head skyward, in the direction of the WR residence. In the distance, a bright crimson dot could be seen getting closer and closer.

 

Alyssa didn't even think about it for two seconds as she knelt next to Evan, taking his hands in hers, and looking at him sincerely and loyally.

 

"Tell me what do you want? What do you dream of?"

 

Evan who had not finished eating what he was devouring at that moment, froze before this unexpected turn.

 

"I..." Evan didn't know what to answer was very sporadic Alyssa's question "I want to see the world" he answered hesitantly.

 

"Let me fulfill your dream, I will accompany you... I will accompany you to the end of the world, ask for whatever you want you will have it, your greatest desires will be fulfilled, just order it" Every word that came out of Alyssa's mouth left a solemn aura around it.

 

Carmen stood still and watched Evan, her ears seemed to perk up waiting for Evan's words.

 

On the ceilings, the shadows on the ceilings seemed to take human form and paid close attention to Evan's words. All around, small spatial rifts seemed to open up just to hear his words. In the shadows of the alleyways, magic circles seemed to appear just to convey Evan's words.

 

Evan was never far from the range of action of the War Arsenal, neither was he out of the range of his senses, Evan never escaped, he simply went out because that was his wish. The war arsenal fulfilled it, hiding his presence from Vayre, and even they were not sure about Alexandra.

 

Still, the words they expected never came from Evan as he did not understand, and if he did it was too late.

 

Above the turtle village, a large sphere of scarlet fire hovered, until it dispersed, dropping drops of fire. These fire droplets transformed into eyes and these eyes watched every corner of Turtle Town.

 

"Evan!" A loud voice echoed throughout the place, even outside the town this voice could be heard.

 

Among all the citizens only the Lord of the town recognized this voice. The voice of Queen Vayre, the lord quickly spread the word and all the citizens knelt down on their knees.

 

Vayre did not pay attention to the actions of the citizens instead she quickly flew to Evan who was with a lot of garbage around him.

 

Grabbing his arm roughly, she created an instant spell that teleported them to the WR residence.

 

Vayre said nothing but her piercing stare was enough to generate fear in Evan. Her gaze said more than a thousand words, anger, disappointment, and also sadness was palpable.

 

Even with her lips sealed Vayre left Evan's room slamming the door, which woke up the frightened Evan.

 

Outside the room Vayre ran into Enola. Vayre frowned and with a touch of her hands on Evan's door she locked Evan's entire room with magic.

 

No one could enter and no one could leave.

 

This action made Enola frown, as the duration of the spell would last until tomorrow morning. Enola couldn't break it, not that she couldn't but it would take a great deal of time between 3 to 2 hours.

 

"Don't meddle with me and my son" Vayre said with annoyance.

 

Enola who was already annoyed walked towards Vayre confronting her gaze, but then backed off as they were in Alexandra's gaze right now.

 

***

Vayre walked towards Alexandra's office which was going through some documents.

 

"You are so calm."

 

"Yes, I am."

 

"Even when your son left home, without permission you are still very calm".

 

"He was always in range of my senses, so he was never out of my sight, to my mind he always had permission"

 

"Well I didn't give him permission to go, you can't go over my words."

 

Alexandria put her pen down in the inkwell and watched her wife with her calm, emotionless depression.

 

"I didn't go over your words, he decided to leave and I just supervised him."

 

"That's literally walking over my words. Don't you care about our son?"

 

"After everything we've been through, I think you know more than anyone that Evan worries me. But I won't worry when everything he's doing is at my fingertips, it's you who's worrying too much."

 

"Evan is in a very delicate situation, I'm not worrying, whose side are you on?" with despair Vayre replied to his wife, who maintained a very calm attitude.

 

"I'm not on anyone's side, I think Evan should live his life as he wishes. I don't agree with taking him to the night lands out of my reach, I don't think the girl's way of thinking is right either, but I also don't think we should force Evan to live a nobleman's life when it's not in his interests."

 

"But as a mother what do you want?"

 

"...what I want, I would like Evan to be by my side since by my side he would be safe. but I also don't want to be against his wishes."

The war arsenal conflicted with the opinions of Vayre and Alexandra. They think they should comply with Evan's wishes and they would comply if he asked them to, so if Evan wants to go on an adventure they will accompany him.

 


Thank you for reading every comment you make, it motivates me to keep writing this novel.

If you want to support me and read first the new chapters you have available the Patreon, where you can also read for free the first manuscript of this novel.

patreon.com/Bizc8

2