(Vol – 1 : Ch – 6) : My Prince – Siberite’s side
181 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Siberite's POV

"Siberite, why did you get such low marks in the test?"

"D-dad, the test was tough, everyone got low marks"

"Then if everyone jumps off a cliff then will you too?"

"t-that's"

"haahh, Siberite you are not everyone. You are the next heir to my business, you can't be like everyone, you need to be a genius"

"..."

"Siberite, there's no need for crying. Crying is the sign of weakness and you don't have any weakness"

"Siberite!! Come with me. Don't listen to this old geezer!"

"S-silica.."

"Oi! Silica, where are you taking her?! Come back here!"

.....

...

..

"*sob* *sob* Sorry, Silica. You had to endure father's anger for *sob* me"

"Don't worry about it. Nothing he says can affect me, that evil old man. Forget about me, are you ok? he was spouting some nonsense to you"

"Yes! I'm fine now that Silica is here!! Silica was just like prince charming back there"

"W-well..yeah. I di-didn't have a horse though....also, stop hugging me!!"

"hehe, No I won't. Even though Silica's showing an angry face, inside she's really happy right now."

"Wh-wha....well, y-you don't worry. I will be there every time that old geezer yells at you and snatch you away from him"

"hahaha, Silica's really a prince"

.....

...

..

*ring**ring**ring*

mmm, quite down you.

"mmm, Aaaaaaaaaaassssccc. Hmm, that was a pleasant dream"

I wonder when Silica from the dreams changed into the expressionless and unstable Silica of now. I think it started that day or even before that.

In the past, she was just like the prince in the books for me. Whenever Father got mad at me, Mother yelled at me and anything happened, Silica would always come and save me. She would take the blame for my faults to herself and get yelled at instead. Though she often said that she didn't mind, but the reality was different.

Every time she got severely yelled at by those two, later in the night I often caught her crying. Even though in front of me she acted bravely and strongly but when she was alone, she would often start crying.

The first time I witnessed her crying was 7 years ago, we were both just 10 years old. Just like usual, I committed a mistake that I didn't even know and Silica took the blame for it. She confronted me, we played and then went to our rooms to sleep. But this time I wanted to sleep together with Silica, Father didn't allow us to sleep together or share a room together, but both my mind and heart wanted to, so I went to her room.

And I heard her crying from behind the door. My mind went blank and I couldn't help but blame myself for everything. I mean, that day I just happened to witness her crying, then that means even before that, every day she was crying because of me.  I didn't want her to take the blame for my mistakes anymore, even though I wanted to but I couldn't.

Every time I made any mistake and got yelled at, my mind would stop working and I would just get frozen, my mind wouldn't start working again until Silica took the blame. This went on for many years.

How many years? Five years.

From ages 10 to 15, I always stood outside Silica's room and every night, I would hear her crying. Sometimes a soft cry, sometimes a cry filled with anger, hateful cries, fearful cries, horrific cries. For five years, every day I heard her cries which were filled with different emotions.

Every time her cries entered my ears, my heart got more and more filled with sorrow and resentment towards Mother and Father. Until one day that resentment turned to hatred and nothing more.

Now that I only felt a feeling of hate towards those two, I didn't fear them anymore. My mind no longer went blank anymore when they yelled at me. It took me 5 years to hate them, but I regret not hating them earlier.

Because it took me such a long time, the kind, brave, upright and heroic Silica no longer remained. She has become something that even I can't describe.

She still took the blame for me but no longer cried. It was as if all of her tears had already flown out in the past five years. All of her emotions have flown out during those five years.

Now there were no emotions on her face, she was just like a lifeless doll.

But even after that she still remained my prince. It was because of me that she became like this and I had to fix it. Now it was time for me to become Silica's prince.

And that's what I did.

I became perfect.

I met their expectations and went even further beyond

Father, Mother no longer yelled at me. They only praised me now, Silica no longer had to take the blame for me. I thought this would fix everything but I was naive.

It didn't fix anything.

and now I don't know what to do. Though it didn't make anything worse, it also didn't help anything.

I witnessed it yesterday when Silica barged into the room and pinned me down. She did it often after going emotionless, and I just faced it as my punishment for not doing anything those five years. Her bullying was what I deserved and still deserve. But yesterday tears fell from my eyes for the first time from her bullying.

Apart from going emotionless, she has also become unstable. It was like everything that I said to her was twisted into something else while entering her ears. She's now seeing reality differently.

Yesterday, Father yelled at her for being late but she perceived it as if it was me who got yelled.

Perhaps that's why I had this dream about the past. Reminding me that I need to do something before Silica goes completely insane. She's starting to go crazy and I need to stop it before it's too late. Yesterday what I saw in her eyes when she talked about Father and Mother was nothing but violence.

Also, it seems like I was wrong about something. She has only become expressionless, inside she still feels things. Though I was sure that she has also become unfeeling inside.

Something probably reignited her emotions, though I don't know what. Is it because of her friend Jinny? if it is, then how did she manage to do it?

I have been unable to help Silica with anything in these past 3 years but somehow Jinny managed to do it.

I may need her help if I want to help Silica I think.

Yeah, let's do that. Today after the council's work, I should invite her out for a snack and ask for her help. She stays with Silica all the time, so it might be difficult but I'm no longer the coward from the past. I have a brain and with it, I can achieve anything I want.

So today's work is to attend school, help the students who asked for help, complete the council's work and then snack with Jinny. Alright, all set and planned.

Let's get to work now.

Just you wait, Silica. Just like you are my prince, I will also become your prince and save you. Just like you always helped me in the past, now it's time for me to help you.

You are my only sister and support, I will do anything to save you.


Yeah...sorry. Frequent updates for sure now. Corona has caused College to declare holidays, so yeah...these holidays will definitely help to set the hobby of regular writing.

Btw, stay safe from Corona-chan. She's a little violent one.

11