Chapter XX
144 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the time reached its limit, every single tablet entered a results page at the same time.

However, it was simply a white screen with the words—results pending.

“There will be a short wait as the system processes the scores. I’ll take this time to explain the next step. Once the results are out, if any of you, which I doubt, manage to make it to the top 100, you’ll wait at your seats. Everyone else will be escorted back to the detention centre.”

A few of the guards began to approach the back of the building.

Lake turned to the boy next to him. Unlike the men from the Druryn Kingdom, these men weren’t covered in filth. Instead, they seemed to be dressed somewhat formally, yet not extravagant.

“Hey, what’s the deal with Valor University.”

“H-huh? Um, it’s the place you want to be if you’re a man. It’s the only place where we even have a chance of living a better life.”

“What’s it like inside.”

“I’m not sure. All I know is that those who can become butlers live lives almost as good as the females. It’s supposed to be incredible.”

A guard slammed the hilt of her sword on the desk.

Thump.

“Excuse me! Did I say you could talk?”

Lake turned back to his own table.

“Sorry.”

It was clear that all the boys were anxiously waiting for the results. Valor University did appear to be the first place where there was hope for men—however slim.

Suddenly, there was a loud beep that echoed through the building.

[Results have been released]

-

-

Results for #00000

Below are your scores for each of the subjects. All difficulty scaling has been taken into account. Your percentiles are provided for your convenience. Your final result is at the bottom of the screen, along with your rank.

Scores

Standard Decision Making (Easy):

1/13  (E-) - 3rd percentile

Arithmetic Skills (Medium):

7/7  (A+) - 80th percentile

Complex Logical Reasoning (Hard):

9/9 (A+) - 95th percentile

Advanced Lateral Thinking (Hard):

10/11 (A+) - 98th percentile

Hypercomplex Logical Deduction (Very Hard):

4/4 (A+) - 99.99th percentile

Overall

Your Scaled Total Score: 9.43

Your rank: #4

Final Result:

You have been accepted into Valor University

-

-

The scene in the halls were frantic yet orderly. There was a pensive, uncomfortable undertone in the atmosphere, yet no one spoke up, or even got out of their seats.

“I assume you have had time to look at your results. Everyone who did not get accepted, stand up and you will be escorted back to the detention centre as stated.”

The guards then began to march through the columns of tables, pulling up men who did not qualify for the university. Within no time, the halls were almost completely emptied, as the failures gathered outside, led by a group of guards.

There were only two boys left in the exam hall.

The lead supervisor laughed a little.

“Well isn’t this a surprise. Not only did someone make it, but two of you managed to get in. Isn’t that something?”

The other boy timidly raised his hand.

With an unpleasant expression, the supervisor looked over.

“What is it.”

“U-um, so what happens now?”

“We will be taking you to Valor University in a second. They will take over from there. Once the failures are escorted away, we will lead you two out.”

Lake slowly got out of his seat.

“Excuse me? Did I say you could get out of your seat?”

“I just want to stretch my legs.”

“Don’t get cocky with me, boy. Just because you managed to get to the university, doesn’t mean you get to do whatever you want.”

Stretching a little, Lake eventually sat back down.

A few moments later, a few guards reentered the building.

“Alright, we’ll be taking you now. Stand up and don’t speak a word.”

*

Getting out of the taxis that they travelled in, the two boys were greeted by the grand gates of the university. It had incredibly modern infrastructure, painted with pastel colours and geometric architecture—it was completely different to any other building that housed men.

“This is it. Follow the crowd to the entrance ceremony.”

Escorted by a guard, the two boys began making their way toward the large gathering of men who appear to have also recently been informed of their acceptance. Standing in the courtyard, an older woman approached the stage.

She had a long cardigan and jeans. It was an unexpected outfit for someone who was meant to be one of the leading authority figures in the university. Regardless, her voice began to echo through the crowd.

“Order. You are the 7th generation of Valor University students. Don’t get the wrong idea, you still do not have any rights. This is a competitive school where violence and manipulation is completely allowed. You listen to us, and the ones who still stand at the end of their schooling will be able to become butlers for the royal family.”

There was not a sound that came from the group of men.

“You will constantly be ranked based on your performance, and any sign that you are incapable or incompetent and you will be immediately expelled. Your entry to this school is not a free ticket, if you want to have a chance, you need to win the rat race.”

She took a breath.

“That’s all from me, you cockroaches. I will be meeting those of you who can beat all the other insects to the pile of shit at the end. Are you capable of doing it?”

With that, the students were slowly funnelled into another communal area by several teachers. It seemed that the security was lighter in the university, but there were still guards standing watch from the distance.

—I wonder, where would I find The Girl Who Was a Gift From God.

Royalty was a good place to start.

 

Announcement

Read ahead and support me by going to ROYAL ROAD. Reviews and follows help me a lot, so if you want me to post more frequently, please consider showing some support there! https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/77019/low-as-dirt-a-psychological-litrpg-in-a-parallel

It's got a different title but it's the same story! I hope to make this a long-term project, so follow along with me as we see the true nature of Lake Ryeokja. 

5