3. Awakening
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[DESCENT OF THE AKASHIC RECORDS HAS BEEN SUCCESSFUL]

[INITIALIZING THE AWAKENING OF THE AKASHIC RECORDS]

[AWAKENING SUCCESSFUL]

[SECURING CONNECTION OF THE AKASHIC RECORDS TO THE ****** ** ****]

[THE AKASHIC RECORDS HAS OFFICIALLY INTEGRATED PLANET EXO-983284...]

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK DID I JUST LISTEN TO?

Ethan was in disbelief.

He believed all this to be just an illusionary dream that he would soon be awake from but it's such a pity that it was just the start of everyone's dreadful nightmare.

Why do I not understand or remember some of the words the unknown voice said?

Ethan was still reeling in from the astonishment about the reality he was witnessing.

He was startled to hear the same surreal voice again from some corner of his mind but this time it seemed to be directed at him.

[WELCOME ETHAN ROSEWOOD]

[PLEASE ADDRESS STATUS TO VISUALIZE YOUR CURRENT STATE OF EXISTENCE]

After this announcement, Ethan glanced around to see the whole crowd in the slums abruptly fall into deathly pin-drop silence.

The entire living population of Earth was probably dealt this grand introduction.

Remembering his parents, he made his way back to his house before anything else could take place.

Arriving in front of his parents, he inspected whether they were alright except for his mother being emotionally shaken nothing else seemed to be of major concern.

Kylie sighed in relief to see her son in one piece again.

They questioned him about the chaotic shrieks coming from outside, so Ethan tried to calmly explain the situation, but his parents seemed dumbfounded that such unrealistic things could happen.

His thoughts turned back to his lil' sister, and he softly muttered to himself "I hope you are alright, my cutesy little sister. I will be sure to come and get you back safe."

After taking a seat on the leather chair and regaining his composure, he turns his train of thought around to the ground shattering things he had just heard, and anxiously mutters "Status."

Instantaneously, the same blue that vanished previously manifests before him.

[STATE OF EXISTENCE]

NAME: Ethan Rosewood

LEVEL: 0

RACE: Homo Sapiens Sapiens

CLASS: None

ORDER OF EXISTENCE: Unclassified

TITLES: None

Health: 10

Strength:7

Agility:8

Defense:6

Stamina:11

Mana:98

ABILITIES: None

.....

In a place that was filled with a dark and ominous aura, a silhouette surrounded by a dark crimson aura that was almost black could be made out. The individual with the dark visage gazes in a certain direction as his completely black eyes with no pupils seem capable of discerning everything and muttered "Interesting."

.....

Rows upon rows of information appeared in front of his retina, if someone were to look at Ethan's eyes currently then they would be able to see a tinge of blue shining in his eyes.

Ethan witnessed detailed information about himself including name, race, etc. on the left of the blue screen and a life-like blueprint of himself on the right.

What the heck is this? Is this like the video games I used to play in Final Fantasy and Zelda or am I a video game character now?

Suddenly, a new prompt appears before Etham; he tries very hard to click it but can't do anything. Out of frustration, shrieks out "How the heck is this thing supposed to work?" startling his parents; causing them to worry if their only son had gone senile.

Immediately, he hears the same genderless voice.

[This is the Basic Universal Manifestation of your records and no, this is not a video game neither are you a video game character. As for your last question, there is no malfunction or bug in the record; all you have to do is think that you are touching the prompt.]

After listening to the emotionless lecture directed at him, Ethan scratches his head out of stupidity.

Then, turns to his parents,

Can they not hear your voice also can you speak to everyone like this?

The indifferent voice replies,

[No, only you i.e. Ethan Rosewood can hear me in this conversation; and yes, I can converse with everyone through telepathy like the way we are talking.]

[Also, please refer to me as system.]

Uh, okay!

Denver and Kylie seem to have settled their worries.

Ethan started pondering after looking at the variety of values on the strange blue window.

System what is the base value for a normally fit human being?

New information appears in the strange blue window,

[Health: 10

Strength: 10

Agility: 10

Defense: 10

Stamina: 10

Mana: 10]

Mana...?

Ethan looks at the word with wide eyes.

Wait... Hold up as second, Mana as in the Mana you see as a classic element of fantasy novels, games, and movies; why the heck is mine so high?

I won't explode because of it, right?

Ethan was already astonished by the fact that something like Magic and Mana actually existed but was only left further dumbfounded by his base prowess in Mana.

TREMBLE!!! BOOOM! TREMBLE!!! BOOOM!!! TREMBLE!!! BOOM!!!

Only for a series of earthquakes to occur that make almost everyone on the blue planet fall to their knees or face planting them on the ground.

But these quakes somehow feel different from the ones before.

The Rosewood family held on to anything they could for dear life.

COUGH! COUGH!!

Choking on the dust blown up by the violent shaking of the Earth, Ethan

Argh! My fucking back hurts.

Ethan grumbled about whether his misfortune caused all these unrealistic events.

Swiftly standing up from the floor, Ethan examined himself and his parents for any injuries after being thrown around like rag dolls.

Luckily, they had only suffered from a few additional bruises and scratches here and there.

AAAAH! RAAAAAAAAH! AAAARGH!! HELP MEEE!!! NOOOO!

Fuck's sake, what's it gonna be now?

Ethan clearly irritated, pricked his ears up to a mass of shrieks incomparable to one before this. Hence, he rushed to the windowed balcony followed by his parents who followed him out of curiosity.

The family of three gazes at a mob in mass hysteria as they are chased after to be killed by monsters who emerge from the craters where the pillars of light had perforated through.

.....

Kylie almost yelps witnessing the scene of slaughter and blood but her mouth is covered by her husband's hand to not attract their attention.

Denver has a cold face that has lost all its color but manages to calm himself as he takes deep breaths.

After assuring that his wife won't be delirious again, he removes his heavy hand that has all of its hairs standing on edge.

Denver relents his usual gentlemanly self due to the absolute horror occurring beneath, grabs Kylie's hand whispers oh so softly that only his wife hears it "Stay strong and we will be able to get through."

Seeing his wife flinching a nod, Denver tells Kylie to gather food.

.....

RAAAAAH! WRAHHHHHH!! RAAAAAAWR!!!

As monsters, of different sizes and shapes rose from the underground pits; some groups of monsters cooperated while others ignored or even went so far as to solely attack each other and leave the lucky humans be as they ran cluelessly in a panic frenzy.

Why do I feel not any sadness or sorrow for them?

When did I get this ruthless and cold-blooded that I could watch a live slaughter fest of humans without batting an eye?

Adrenaline surged within Ethan as he beheld the slaughter of his kind yet, he didn't seem to feel much rather he didn't even care about them.

A grin seemed to appear on his face without him knowing.

.....

Denver looks back at the balcony with Ethan standing there alone and approaches him to console him as he feels Ethan still isn't mature enough to witness such a gruesome scene.

But his eyes widen when he witnesses the malicious grin on his face and takes a step back out of instinct.

Denver walks warily back to the couch not believing what he had seen.

I must be seeing things due to my old age.

.....

Ethan's senses went into alert mode as all of a sudden,

CREEK! CREEK!! AAAH! WHACK! AAAH! CRASH! NOOO!!!

He listened to the treading of heavy steps with irregular footing which led him to assume that the monsters had somehow gotten into the building and were making their way up.

The otherworld monsters seem to be slashing and smashing anything that moved judging by the screams and sounds of things being shattered to smithereens was enough to portray the brutal battles occurring beneath them.

Ethan rushed into the kitchen to find a suitable weapon to defend themselves. Only to be disappointed with small kitchen knives.

He rummaged through the house from one corner to another, only to find a rusted machete and a black hammer.

He hands the rusty machete to Denver. Using the hammer for himself, he remembered that their neighbor, Ronald McGregor a 23-year-old bachelor majoring in metallurgy liked smithing cold weapons.

Though they might not be sturdy, in times like these he just had to make do. Thinking this through, Ethan sprinted with the hammer in hand to the next-door neighbor.

.....

Zzzzz! Zzzzz!! Zzzzz!

Ronald in his sleep didn't seem to have any idea of the situation even after hearing several knocks that had turned into heavy punches only then did the sleepy head wakes up as he had a look of disbelief glancing at the mess caused by the quake.

Then he remembers heavy blows on his poor old door and immediately gets there before whoever was knocking on the door puts a hole in it.

.....

SCREEEEEEEEEEECH!

As soon as Ethan perceived the dented door opening inwards, he instantly barged inside and locked the door.

Phew! Luckily, the monsters still haven't made their way up here. Otherwise, I would be dead meat!

Ethan hurriedly explained the situation to Ronald who seemed dumbfounded at the fact that an apocalypse had happened while he was asleep in his cozy bed.

Ronald somehow composed himself and led Ethan to the living room where his eyes went as wide as tennis balls seeing the collection of weapons.

Ethan peeks a glance at the crimson halberd-like spear variant held in a showcase glass container.

I would look sick ass swinging that thing around.

Ethan imagined how he would look swinging that gnarly looking spear and visualized himself doing some cool moves like Lancer from Fate but is soon brought back to reality by the almost human height length and his knees buckle just thinking of the weight.

Also, how the heck am I supposed to carry and use it in these narrow stairways?

With a dejected look, Ethan moves further into Ronald's workshop/living room? and spotted a wooden crate full of shorthanded weapons after shifting through the pile picked up a decent looking meat cleaver.

Not as fancy as the spear but it will make do, I guess.

.....

Ronald hurries into the kitchen after leaving Ethan amid collection and returns after stuffing a bag full of canned food and a small gas cylinder filled with propane and butane used for camping.

Ronald takes the first forging of his life that is a hatchet from the wooden cabinet on the other side of his makeshift workshop.

.....

BAM!!! THUD! CREEK! CREEK!!

The booming of a door falling, and two heavy footsteps could be heard all across the 4th floor.

Ronald and Ethan look at each other in the eye and break into a sprint to apartment 101 i.e. the residence of the Rosewood family.

0