Ch 7, By the Sea
123 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Here's some comment to brush up my sense of presence. And this story is getting too slow. I'll probably find some way to speed it up or something in the next few chapters?

Also, should I cut down on world-building and explanation of cultivation? What do you think?

“Hehehe, and if the thermal regulation quotient goes over 30 then… Hehehe, it’s so fun~”

Making the technique for quick Qi-refining was more fun than I expected.

You know, flying through the skies and turning mountains into sand is fun, swinging stars and planets like wrecking balls is a very memorable feeling and teleporting across the entire Galaxy by using formations inside the black hole in the middle of it is a totally addictive experience but sometimes simply sitting down, taking a pile of Rimmets on one side and stack of papers on the other and just imagining the 808 methods to boil your own body on the spiritual level can give you a very heart-warming time.

Though you shouldn’t try this at home. Any of what I just listed. Don’t try this not at home too. Just don’t do it.

Anyway, the progress at making the technique is going well. Kinda.

I have a few minor problems still, but the general idea is already there.

I’m thinking of using the meridians inside my body, as well as some internal organs and bones… and maybe some blood-vessels to achieve a kind of internal harmony and cause a slightly tilted balance of the yin and the yang to passively cause the Aura of the Heavens and Earth to resonate with my body and awaken the meridians.

In a way, what I’m trying to do is to turn my body for the duration of my meditation times into a kind of formation to cause a resonance within the Aura.

Why it may be a bad idea is because the human body, in general, is very poorly adaptive to these kinds of resonations. I guess it makes sense that nobody before me was able to create an art to awaken meridians at a faster pace. Billions of years of progress aren’t there just for show.

Well, how to say progress? The Galaxy has been through a lot. For example, about every million years the Aura between Heavens and Earth begins to wildly fluctuate, making cultivation very hard, if not impossible, so pretty much every cultivator unfortunate enough to be born during such times dies of old age, unable to cultivate or use their spells, no matter what Realm they have… A million years of development – lost in the river of time, just like that. Every million years on average. What we can get is just some parts of the puzzle here and there, some ruins and, sometimes, some strange heritages of individual cultivators.

There’re also times when wars across Galaxies happen. Cultivators can bring devastating results on the battlefield. Not to mention saving the cultural heritage, sometimes avoiding extinction is already good enough. What kind of progress can be mentioned in such times, is the question. The civilization does backwards in and generations of cultivators get caught up between forces outside of their control. Many things get lost and few get acquired.

In the future, there should also be a big conflict between this Galaxy’s human race and the Demons from the other side of the ancient transportation network… Well, it won’t come any time soon. And, it won’t be too big. At least, in the previous timeline, it wasn’t too terrible. The exchanges during the conflict even helped both sides of the conflict progress as a whole.

So you can see that instead of saying that I have billions of years of progress and what not arrogantly, I should say that I have some three hundred thousand years of solid research to rely on instead?

Anyway, I am but a single individual. Not making any progress for a few days is acceptable. Besides, I’m certain that the direction I’m going in isn’t wrong.

Still, it’s not like I can’t do this. It will just take a little more time… And a few good ideas.

Hm... What if I do it like this? Here’s the idea:

Human cultivators innately have three internal spaces. These spaces are very mysterious in their nature. I won’t describe how they work or what they do for now. Just know that they’re useful.

The three spaces are located inside the head somewhere between the eyebrows, below the chest at the level of the heart and inside the heart. They are called the Sea of Knowledge, the Sea of Spirit and the Sea of Vitality respectively.

The most developed of the Seas is the Sea of Spirit, often called the dantian, traditionally. My idea is like this:

Usually, opening the Seas comes after opening the meridians and building the foundation. It has to do with the fact that opening the Seas is impossible with external help and before opening the meridians and building the foundation, it’s very very hard, practically impossible, to open any Sea on one’s lonesome as there’s no way to ‘feel’, or better said, ‘understand’ what kind of thing a Sea is.

But I have had the experience with opening the Seas before. In fact, I can use a few means to open them now.

If I open them now, I can use them as the central nodes of the formation and control the balance of the elements and the yin and the yang through them. Then… Hm… Indeed, it makes it much easier!

The plan, for now, is to open the Sea of Spirit, and- no! The plan, for now, is to call master and give him the list of the materials I need! No! I need to make the list first! Aargh, so much to do!

A day later

“So, Oalus, you are planning to open the Sea of Spirit and then… use it to both create and amplify spiritual pulses in order to open the meridians connected to it?”

“Yes, master”

“Then, the question is, how are you going to create spiritual pulses without any spiritual qi? In the first place, below the Core Formation stage, you shouldn’t be able to even produce spiritual qi and use vital qi instead?”

“You see, master, the Sea of Spirit can be used as a kind of…”

Three hours later

“But according to the thirteenth expression here, won’t the spiritual overload happen if you cause a resonance above 11 Sv?”

“That’s why I asked you to get me a Green Saber Vine. If I refine it into a Heart-Lifting Pill, the frequency will be smoothed out and instead of getting an overload, I’ll simply be at the state of maximal saturation”

“You’ll still go into a coma”

“It can also count as a kind of closed-door retreat session”

“It’s called risking your life!”

Six hours later

“And, *yawn*, it means, *yaaawn*, that… mmm”

“*sigh*, alright. This old- I'll agree with your idea this time. But we have to test it first”

“*snore*”

“Hm… we can use the cloning technique first. Alright. I’ll go and get you all the items on the list”

“*snore*”

“You already fell asleep? We’ve been arguing for probably ten hours already… At your age and cultivation realm, it’s really a bad idea to push yourself so hard…”

“*snore* *mumble* *snore*”

“Don’t sleep on the floor. Go get into your bed”

“*snore*”

“And don’t just eat Rimmets. It’s bad- *sigh* whatever. Just sleep well”

And yes, I named the chapter semi-randomly... What can I do though?

5