Ch 1, Waking up under a familiar ceiling
251 4 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Maybe there'll be another chapter today.

“Oalus, you woke up, finally! This old man was actually getting worried!”

Before I could sort things through I heard a very nostalgic voice.

What’s going on? Is it really my master? I have a rather wild conjecture but I’ll let it be for now.

“How do you feel, Oalus?”

It’s quite strange to hear somebody call me “Oalus”. You must know, Oalus pretty much means “Little Oalur” and very few people would have the guts to call an old monster like me that. Well, I’m not against having my master, a person who’s pretty much my father, call me “Oalus”.

“I’m fine, master”

I speak with a very weak voice. The weakness is by no means intentional. This body feels very heavy and weak.

“Good. Rest for a while, this old man will go call a doctor to check on you”

With a *creak* and then a *slam*, the wooden door is closed. My eyes are still blurry and I guess it will take some time for them to adjust.

While master is gone, I might as well try to understand what is going on.

So: I tried to open the Gate to the Immortal World and then died under the Heavenly Tribulation. I died very thoroughly at that, no chance at resurrecting or possessing anybody or hiding a part of my soul in a ring or anything.

Then I woke up here. About a thousand years back, on my home planet, in the sect where I began to cultivate. My master is still alive, I am a child, probably some 10 years old, current realm – aura sensing. Now that I woke up and had some time to think it became qi synchronization though. Anyway, it’s low.

So… I guess, I, somehow, maybe, though I’m not really sure and I will have to verify it later, despite how strange and unheard of this kind of situation is, went back in time?

(Or maybe I’m on the very brink of death and am having a delusion, but let’s not be pessimistic)

Eh…

I guess that… works?

Eeeehhh…?

Really?

Alright, I’m fine now!

Don’t look down at the ability of a cultivator to accept mysterious facts!

So… What do I do now?

I mean, my previous life was pretty good and it’s not like I had any regrets or grudges. I really have no reason to change the past… Though I do feel quite regretful that period of my youth when I accidentally slipped into the Demon Path… It was quite unsightly.

I mean, can you imagine a grown young man running around and provoking everybody and anybody for no reason and acting all self-righteous, self-important and delusional like a teenager during their rebellious period?

Gosh, so embarrassing… No Demon Path this time around!

“Why are you holding you head like this?”

Oh, master came while I was distracted. Mah, having such a low realm can really be inconvenient, huh. What if that was an assassin instead of master? Though who would care about a once-in-a-thousand-years genius with double supreme spirit roots? I guess many people. But nobody would try to assassinate me. We’re barbarians, not cultivators! Ptui! I meant, we’re cultivators, not barbarians!

“You seem distracted”

“Yes, please forgive me. It’s probably because I was unconscious for so long that I have yet to come to my senses”

Besides the shock of experiencing a cruel death is not something one can just forget.

“Alright, don’t worry. This is Doctor Simel, he will be checking your current condition. Say hi.”

Damn, there was another person in the room. My eyes are less blurry but the bright lights are hurting too much, so I closed them. Sigh, the disadvantages of a low realm…

“Excuse me, sir! Sixth generation disciple Oalur Kang greets Doctor Simel!”

Fuck, my head is hurting because of my own shouting…

“Haha, don’t worry young man. It’s perfectly fine to be a little out of it after a long fever. Can you give me your right hand? I need to check your pulse”

Doctor Simel, well, I have no impression of this man from my previous life. It’s hard to remember things that happened long ago and many things are covered in fog. But I can tell he is a good doctor. I myself am not that good at medical science but my path-companion followed the Way of Alchemy and was very good at refining medicine and things related to it. Sadly, she died under the tribulation a hundred years before me… Sigh.

Anyway, as a doctor, he was very attentive yet quick at the same time. His diagnosis didn’t take too long and after he concluded that I was safe and recommended that I rest for a week, he wrote a few prescriptions for my master and left.

Then I had a few hours of sleep.

After I woke up, I felt a bit better. My eyes no longer hurt and I could even get out of the bed… with some effort.

Master left me some food on the table and some medicine too. After eating it, I began to exercise.

Not in the cultivator way, I simply did some stretches as my muscles felt stiff.

After that it was already dark, so went to sleep again. It’s not good to mess up one’s biological cycle.

In the morning, not long after I woke up, master visited again.

This time I got to see his appearance again. Through the years, his face became blurry in my mind, so I felt very emotional when seeing him after so long. It’s a good thing heaven’s blessed me with the “cold handsome guy with face-paralysis” physique… Or simply face paralysis… Anyway, I didn’t cry or showed too many emotions on my face in general and was able to act calm when seeing master after so long.

It’s really sad that he died when he couldn’t break through to the Soul Formation realm… I guess if I had to speak of the regrets of my past life, it’s that I couldn’t help him at all. I was but a Core Formation junior back then, what could I do?

Well, now I can do many things to help him! Not to mention the Soul Formation, even Mind Manifestation, Path Integration and the realms higher are also not impossible to achieve!

Master was the same as in my blurry memories. Although he addressed himself as “this old man”, he looked very young by mortal standards. A bit older than a teenager but not old enough to stop being considered a young man, he was rather handsome. His skin was fair and smooth, he was tall, his shoulders were wide and his long raven hair was also very enviable. His facial features were gentle and kind and, all in all, he looked, as some would describe, “like an immortal”.

I remember that in my previous life he was very popular in the sect and outside, with many women and even some men and cultivators of ambiguous gender pursuing him. It was a good memory as I remember that his admirers treated me and my fellow brothers and sisters very well and even gave us some nice benefits when we divulged his preferences in secret. Well, we thought it was in secret, now that I think about, he probably knew but never showed it.

Ah, the good times…

“You seem to be still unwell”

“Ah, sorry master, your blinding appearance made me go into a daze just now!”

“You cheeky brat, do you believe that this old man won’t punish you!”

“Yes, master is very kind after all!”

“You! Just when did you learn all this cheek!”

As you can see, my relationship with master was very amiable. Didn’t I say, he was pretty much my father? My original parents didn’t treat me well and I was very bitter at them back then. Now that I think of it, they also had it hard… But I digress.

“Since you’re so lively today, how about you go outside and show this old man how much of the Sword Technique you have realized?”

Master followed the Sword Path. He was what we call a “sword cultivator” and he was even quite famous for his skills and talent.

It’s also quite a sad thing, and I think master might faint when he finds out, but… my weapons of choice are a wrecking ball and an umbrella…

5