Ch 3, An important conversation
179 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“JUNIOR BROTHER!”

With a slam, the door to my small hut was broken open again. In the morning too.

The person who would dare to shout in a sick person’s home early in the morning was a tall teenager with black hair that reached his shoulders. He was thin and tall, more average than handsome, and with the undignified way he carried himself, it’s hard for me to believe that this naïve and innocent youngster is the same reliable and wise first senior brother from my memories.

Yeah, this unruly little boy is my first senior brother, Natter Kang. Well, Kang is the last name all disciples of master’s lineage receive, so I’m calling him Natter from now on.

Sigh, of course, with time this little fella would grow up and change… The cultivation world is a giant tank of dirt, no matter how pure you start, in the end you’ll be black. A very sad thing indeed.

“Junior brother, I heard that you went down with a bad fever? I’m very very sorry that I wasn’t around, I was outside doing a task, you see, if only I knew I would immediately head back. You can’t imagine how much of a shock it was for me to find out you were hurt during practice, junior brother!”

Just look at this guy go. What a chatterbox, not that I hate it. I guess even when he was a fledging, he was still a reliable senior brother.

“I’m fine, I’m fine, senior brother, master has already checked on me and called the doctors and everybody said I was okay. No need to worry”

“Is that so? That’s a relief… Oh, look at what I brought for you from the outside, your favorite Rimmets!”

“Rimmets? Thank you, senior brother!”

Rimmets! I haven’t eaten these in centuries! Literally! These things grew only in this star sector and I left it when I was about 300. Really brings back memories…

Rimmets, the accent falls on the last syllable, are delicious fruits the size of about an adult’s fist. They are violet in color and have a very sweet and refreshing taste. In my youth (aka for the first 300 years of my life) I absolutely couldn’t live without them

*Chomp*

Mm, delicious. This crunchy moist texture is just the same as I remember! Bliss.

***
After talking with Natter for a while, he went back to do whatever he needed to do and I was left alone with around thirty rimmets. And then there were none.

God, even though I’m an atheist, I thank you for this blissful life and this magnificent world that has rimmets and formations in it.

Rimmets and formation… Hm… Well, rimmets do have a lot of components that have affinity with the yang aspects of the elements and if their elemental field superposition was optimized then… Nah, it’s kind of useless and a waste of good food.

What a bummer.

“Oalus, how do you feel?”

Today, master visited me again.

“I’m very well, master”

“What? Can you repeat what you just said?”

“Pereo Pan to Gert, Weff Bov”

If you are wondering, I answered master both times in the same language, and it wasn’t the main language of this star sector.

While this planet is a horrible backwater when it comes to cultivation, our sect, the Heavenly Tiger Gate, is a branch of a behemoth of this Galaxy, the Divinity sect. Master just so happens to be a descendant of a big shot from the core forces of Divinity, and as for why he came to this God-forsaken planet, I haven’t found out in my previous life. Or more like, I couldn’t.

But I’m sure that it wasn’t done with ill intentions as sending someone so close to the edge of this Galaxy from its Central regions would be insanely expensive, as crossing billions and even trillions of light years is usually done with ancient teleportation arrays and they eat spirit stones in billions of tones per use.

What matters though, is that as a descendant of that big shot he should be fluent in this language, while nobody else on this planet should be even aware of its existence.

The language I spoke in is called Terpeno and it’s the most popular language of the central region of this Galaxy. Speaking Terpeno is an unspoken requirement for all cultivators above the Mind Manifestation stage, aka the stages when the intensity of the aura between Heavens and Earth on the outskirts of the Galaxy becomes uncomfortable for a cultivator and they need to move deeper into the Galaxy.

You can imagine master’s surprise, I’m sure. I, for one, can hear the gears in his head turning.

“How do you-”

“Before you get any strange ideas, I would like for you to hear me out, master”

“…Alright”

That’s my master, even in this kind of situation he can keep composure and not act recklessly and without understanding the situation first.

“I am the Oalur Kang that you have known this whole time, master. I’m also not.From my point of view I started my road of cultivation in this sect under your tutelage a thousand years ago and…”

“…And in the end, all of my formations ended up being useless. It seems my understanding of the Tiandao is too low and superficial. The result master can imagine. Dying under the Heavenly thunder, body and soul disappearing. End. And after I died, I woke up here, a thousand years ago in my old body”

I spoke for two hours. It’s kind of sad that a thousand years of bitter cultivation could be summed up so shortly but that is what it is.

I went through my entire road of cultivation, letting some elements out, of course, and stressing some elements only I would know so that master would believe me.

The whole time master kept silent but I could see he listened to the whole story and now he’s deep in thought.

I’m pretty certain he will believe me. I have told him many things that can prove my identity, besides, my spirit should be the same. As a Nascent Soul realm cultivator it should be no problem to check it to test my identity for to disguise the spirit is nearly impossible with this Galaxy’s current cultivation heritage and even the best disguise of the spirit can be seen through with a more or less thorough check.

Though many of the things I told him should be surprising and even shocking. Especially knowing that he won’t be able to break through to the Soul Formation realm. Knowing about this kind of thing can break a person’s heart, but I’m sure master is a strong person and he’ll overco-

“This old-, I believe you, Oalur”

“Thank you master!”

“Now”, for some reason, master is leaking a very threatening aura right now, “did you just say that you have abandoned sword cultivation for the sake of a wrecking ball?”

“Mas-”

“Silence! Did you just say that you followed the Heavenly Path of Formations?! Didn’t even achieve the small completion on our lineage’s grand sword art?!”

“Mast-”

“Shut up! Watch this old man beat the living lights out of you, you unfillial bastard!!!”

In the end I was scolded and beaten and master was upset.

7