12: The crazy adven—inventor?
171 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I felt blank but satisfied, achieved a spiritual zen. Yes, Gu Yue Li Yong himself felt gruntled.

I have never felt so high on this cloud nine before but it made sense, I couldn't help recalling the fleeting moment when our lips met, no, there was no action, unlike what other degenerates would think, this was pure, and a moment that I couldn't relive, at least exactly, yes, I could come up to Shengai to get another sweet one but the point of memories were that they've passed.

It's still seemingly vivid, maybe because of my high memory, but it wasn't like how I would, say, like remembering my ex scream at me. Yeah, I wouldn't go past myself to step back into that territory, oh boy.

Feeling the light wind brushing through my skin as I lay down on the grass. Stargazing is somewhat calming and gives me time to reboot from feeling so giddy.

But I wouldn't be a cultivator if I wasn't taking the opportunity to cultivate while resting like this. With a soul strength like mine, stuff like these can be done with enough effort.

From this sun down onwards, I should pay a visit to Ms. Dahlia and digest my savant potion there. But I can't go there without being in the disguise of 'a herald under the Paragon of Creation' who will bring the knowledge of gunpowder.

I thought of Ms. Dahlia, I haven't really seen much of her— other than her veiled appearance; rather mysterious, like me, with secrets of her own, a beauty in her own right, while something that doesn't necessarily need to be considered, has to be. A beauty can topple cities, especially those fated, they dictate the rise and fall of kingdoms.

I scrunch my eyebrows, brushing my hand through the grass, it would have been cold if I weren't the same, but then that made it better, it helps me ponder. Then with a eureka, it popped into my head.

Knowledge Recall

My hobbies came back to me, the knowledge of fashion, something that I am thankful for, while it couldn't be more far from my real job, it resonated with my bombastic side.

I recalled my cousins too, one had clear knowledge of engineering, assembly, and architecture, a paradox with how much engineers and architects have such an ambiguous relationship. And another is a scientist, having specialized in chemistry and hobbies in computer science.

I was more in the humanities side of studies, like my parents, if my philosophical mind hadn't shown enough. Unfortunately, that meant I had not studied personally about anything related to my plan, because I'm going to utilize fashion, metal, and maybe chemistry if I have the right items.

Unfortunately, the skills of my mother, a lawyer, and my father, a historian, were placed on the sidelines at this moment.

If only I had a PhD in acting too then everything would be smooth sailing but those go to my friends both in the internet in the real world. I would question sometime my sanity for befriending a theater kid but they mean well at the end of the day, but no way in hell am I starring myself in their highschool musicals even if I do enjoy myself breaking into song and dance.

Shit, I recalled to much information. Plays, acting, movies, musicals, stop, stop, stop.

Damn it, I knew it in myself that I wanted to recall my memories again. It wasn't all the time I could do that, and it's nice that I can recall them again...well, maybe not all of them. I remember a lot of embarrassing things too.

Enough about that, I got everything important. Reviewing my persona through my crack head psychology major friend, I think I got a good reference point.

With my complete love to fuck around, not in that way, and me doing unusual stuff is testament enough, and my drive of obsession with interesting things coupled with that crack-head's antics. I could make what some of my earthling compadre's would sing along to, "Crazy = Genius"

 


 

Entering a familiar restaurant, it smells like calming herbs overpowered with the strong aroma wafting from both the kitchen and some tables.

This place is a mixture of an oxymoron, to one side are the calm and collected, relaxed gentlemen who thought themselves to have quality tea time at night. To another side is a boisterous group of youths, chatter, and smiles, all eating sumptuous meals of varying appearance but they all store rich flavor of exotic spices in them.

To the counter I could see my fancy and favorite server. No, don't judge me because she's a pretty one, I recognized her for the love of the culinary dream. Green hair tied to a bun with her eyes green-yellow, maybe even shifting towards honey.

Coming closer to her welcomes you to an exotic world of some sort, it reminds me of all the times I enter places full of spicy food and fried rice, she smelled of the strong aroma of spices, which told magnitude of her hard work as a cook.

She has olive skin which indicated that she came from the Western Continent, also known as the West Desert, the home of the Arabs.

While I did think that the world is a Xianxia full of Chinese elements. The inhabitants seem like a combination of ethnicities that belong to the eastern world.

I am at the Southern Continent, or the South Mountain Range, what I like to call the Southern Border for a reference to Reverend Insanity. It is full of the Chinese. Between the South and the West are Africans, and between the South and the East are Filipinos.

In the Eastern Continent, or the East Islands, are Koreans. In between the East and North is Indonesians.

In the Northern Continent, or the North Plains, are Japanese. Between the North and West are the Taiwanese.

Other races seem scattered, at least that's what I found in the books, rogue cultivators always travel around, merchants come and go, and groups migrate for better places.

In terms of culture so far, I think everything as been upheld in the races, of course, like how the environment is, the development of this era still adhered to the third world country, at least technologically.

For cultivation, Chinese were known to make flying weapon artifacts, In both the East and West, ships, both flying and on the sea. In the North you would hear tales of men becoming beast kings and unleashing hordes with refined weapons equipped.

Central Continent has magical races in them, demons, beastmen, werebeasts, and intelligent beasts. It's a treasure trove for beastiality, in all shades too.

If it wasn't clear, this world map is a complete Pangea, and from what I can tell, a clear rip off from the Reverend Insanity world map.

It feels both unsettling and creepy, knowing how much of a bad omen Reverend Insanity is, yes, I do love that novel but I will not want to live in it, not because it's dangerous, because, let's be clear, Lord of the Mysteries has Outer Gods but I think that would be better than being controlled and manipulated by '10 steps ahead' masterminds.

Clearly, I wasn't built for a Manipulator, Conspirer, or Mentor of Deceit.

"Good evening Li Yong, would you like the usual?"

"Rihanna, good evening, the usual will do.", I could see her writing down on a paper immediately.

I scoot over closer and speak in a hushed voice, "I need your help with something, can I order something special?", Her ears perk up. She's used to my antics somewhat, since a trail disciple and now outer disciple too.

I've dabbled a lot in food and memorized a lot of recipes, to a culinary enthusiast like Rihannah, I am the perfect treasure trove.

My specific set of skills were fine tuned somewhat to the preference of females, fashion, arts, music, and of course food, the perfect way to a woman's heart. A man who can cook is a competent man, a man who is self sufficient is a good man, a man who can responsibly provide for a partner is a great man.

Well, while I do say that, I've only had multiple ex-girlfriends with none of them working out in the end. Ouch.

While I do profess my self-proclaimed philosophy major, I guess a major in foreign languages just didn't appeal to them.

"We're alone now, what do you have in mind Li Yong?"

"I'm going to need ingredients from you, king carrots, some sun lemons, ash peppers, hot water, and a large paper bag. I can give you the compensation since these are not meant for a recipe."

"Li Yong, these items are trivial and I can give them to you for free but may I ask what these things are for?"

"Can you keep a secret, Rihanna?", I smile with an air of suspense.

"Of course!"

"Then you'll see, I'm going to make a whole make over on my appearance once you get me what I need. If you'll excuse me, I still need to get steel parts from some blacksmiths in the both the commerce and Crafts Hall.", when it came to valuable items, they could be made by disciples in the Crafts Hall but some items could also be made by protected or visiting commerce inside the sect.

People think a sect lives in seclusion to society but an island only makes it's own social circle by itself, it finds ways to interact to the outside world.

If I were to speak in terms of the mindscape that those in the Visionary Pathway perceive, then it would be how a mind, being an island could find it's own way to the collective 'sea of subconsciousness'.

Which is why the Visionary Pathway is so potent as even the subconscious corruption will lead to consciousness...I've seen enough of these in real life situations... manipulation, indoctrination, desensitizing, temptation, and propaganda, much if not all can seep into the subconsciousness as a 'seed' even if the conscious is a sealed fortress.

A bamboo shoot can grow to break through even a house.

A mustard seed can grow to be the biggest trees.

Which is why I think in my situation, where my subconscious could be practically corrupted, I wouldn't be surprised if I've become insane or crazy in some way.

After all, the genome is naturally twisted, how much more a mythical creature?

 


 

"This is the metal parts you need?", a wereleopard plops down a box full of screws, bolts, and metal sheets of different sizes and shapes.

"Pretty much, thanks, Kailong.", I thank the blacksmith who was able to create a lot of the important parts I needed, although a lot of these parts were decoys to not let anyone know my true invention's parts.

But it would be wasteful if the decoys couldn't be used, so they're also taken in mind for future machines I'm going to make.

I can't make them with my current abilities, but I'll dream.

What I do have are enough skill to make a metal mask with a few features such as having a sliding lock that opens just enough to input food but not enough to reveal my lower jaw. The mask will be designed to both functions of sustainability and anonymity.

The parts of this mask won't just come from the variety of metals from the blacksmith Kailong but also different other blacksmiths, craftsmen, and metallurgists, ensuring that I can even peruse a buffet of the same type of parts in case of slight mishaps given by how inexperienced and ignorant my cast of purveyors are to my purpose and plans.

For the sake of my identity, and maybe flair...definitely the flair, I would go the extra mile.

Thankfully, the quality of important parts and materials are under the request of the Crafts Hall, thanks to Second Brother.

In fact, my plans for the disguise were made after I returned to the sect, having just recently made a supposed deity, Paragon of Creation.

My plan solidified after perusing my and Second Brother's connections after I had joined Shadow Hall.

All the hard work for the metal works will fall under their laps and I had the joy of enjoy tea and arts with Zirui.

 


 

I look slightly ridiculous, but when has an artistic masterpiece ever been beautiful without an ugly process?

My hair has been covered in a paper bag as it moistened due to my wet hair, I've dyed it will natural colors. Not only that, but the colors were more stronger and vibrant due to the properties of the natural qi in the environment.

While that happened, I am also tinkering with shapely sheets of metal. There were 3 main components, a the upper face and the lower jaw and the frame that keep the two things together with an adjustable sliding lock. The upper face is composed of different smaller sheets for design and will be tightly screwed together. The lower jaw will be think and rounded to cover as much of my jaw, even while talking and when adjusted open.

And for maximum comfort, I strewn in cloth behind these two components and framed them together to get my desired mask. Now it looks like a love baby between a steampunk and inspiration from pharaoh's mask. Even my eyes will be covered using this mask, thankfully this has been taken into account.

I look to my left and right, there we two mixtures, two extremes with different significances.

 


 

"How did you do that?", Rihannah stares flabbergasted as my ginger hair.

"Well first you have to lose your soul.", I state straightly.

"What?", She raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"I'm joking. It's an inside joke, don't mind it, haha!", I chuckle slightly only to interrupt my whimsical musings by explaining, "Some tea and juice can be used for hair dyes. I could style you if you want, but it has to be on a later date."

"I would love that, is there an option for a blue color?", I nod along enthusiastically then give a slight smirk to say,

"Oh, so it's a date then, Rihannah?"

The girl in question quirks her eyebrows slightly and made a pause...well I shot my shot, "Only if you make it one.", Wait, what that supposed to mean- Oh, she wants me to...

"Same time, week.", Since she gave me a slightly ambiguous answer, I quip back with something of my own.

"You still won't tell me what is inside that bag?" "Not at all."

Leaving, the restaurant with glee, I breath in again the fresh air of the outside, a big contrast to the strong aroma from the inside, both were two extremes, like from a sauna to a dip in a lake.

I finally got a go signal from Rihannah, I was rejected 2 times; the first confession was a joke, mind you. And I wouldn't push my luck when I got rejected the second time.

I thought third times the charm was a joke but I guess miracles do happen.

"Hey", fuck, sub plots.

"Yes?", I turn to what looked like a group of middle aged men, disciple of the sect since had they not been, don't even talk about me gutting them off for offending me, I can even have an elder personally perform a stage play to remind the outsiders why someone should respects someone's home ground.

Outer disciples this old, however, taint the respectable images of the sect in a certain perspective. Rotten water and leeches growing on the roots and foundation that a immortal group is built upon.

"Kid, we have out eye on that girl for a while now, don't think you can get in our way.", Well if I were you people, I would have better plans implemented than just declaring malicious intentions to my enemy.

"Insolent, is that how you call your father that way?", I adopt a tone naturally most annoying to people, "Maybe the miss fancies me because you dirty and stinky old wastrels keep bothering her."

Let's see how much I can trash talk them into boiling their blood and injecting chicken blood into their veins.

"You..", Why is it that they can't make good responses?

"You- you-, fuck, do you have dementia old man? Can't even make coherent sentences now, Huh?", I press on aggressiveness. Being a younger character with a hotblooded and loose mouth will ensure maximum damage to the middle and late aged men.

"Fuck!" "Courting death!" "Is that how you speak to your elders?", I suddenly realize that these people constitute to what happens to the cronies of young masters after they've outlived their usefulness, they band together, older— but still trash.

Tom, Dick, and Harry, the three stooges, "Nima, I bet even your families can respect trash like you, and you talk about respect? Courteous? Court my ass!", And as if a dam broke, they attacked in broad night light.

While they aren't notable in the least, I find them unexpected, not because they attacked but that people like these exist.

Wait, now that I think about it...

"Argh!", I knocked them out quickly, making sure they felt maximum pain.

With time to think, I find it suspicious that 3 men were eyeing Rihannah inside the sect. She's had backing in the sect, which was why she settled in. Anyone as beautiful as her had the common sense to keep dirtbags like these at bay. I wonder what happened.

"Li Yong!", Rihannah came out to see the commotion. Turns to the downed trio. Her face went from urgency to surprise to relief, and then finally settled at disgruntlement.

"It's fine, I took care of it."

"I'm sorry this happened."

"No worries, what's with these people? You ran into trouble?"

"...My older brother...He hasn't come back to the sect for a year already...", What? I know he's usually out for at least 2 months but anything past half a year is bothersome.

Now I understood the face of confusion I find on her face sometimes, months back I was still a trial disciple so finding about the matter would have been useless, "Do you know where Rahim went?", I ask with a tinge of worry. That dude, where did he go? He's the reason why I can appreciate tea and the arts again after living a wild life as a hunter.

Rihannah shakes her head, "Li Yong, you shouldn't try. He went to investigate a secret realm in Clear Well City. You need to be at least a"

"What do you take me for? Rahim is a good friend. Besides, I'm not an idiot, Rihannah. I won't get myself in danger unless there is a good chance to get him back."

"...", She stays silent, I wouldn't take it to heart that she agreed with what I said. She wanted her brother back safely, and maybe in the back of her mind, she wanted me to risk my life to get him back, if not then she wouldn't have told me in the first place.

"I'll get stronger, as fast as I can, then find him, alright?", Whatever the case, I may be selfish myself for thinking of saving my good friend to court his sister.

Eh, I can never determine if I'm more compassionate or selfish. For the brother or the sister...? It's almost back in my last life.

...

No need to be sentimental.

"Oi, you three! If you want to cause trouble for this shop then I will guarantee the wrath of the Shadow Hall.", I glare the idiot men-children lying on the ground. I could see their skin pale slightly in response.

"Shadow Hall?", Surprise pops on Rihannah's face

I smirk, "You didn't ask.", I answer her indirectly.

 


 

New plans, from the sect to Sky Fall City then to Clear Well City...

Discuss business with Ms. Dahlia, maybe visit the Xia clan, then investigate the secret realm of Clear Well City.

And I'll have 12 days before my date with Rihannah.

I chuckle to myself, I'm unreasonable with my schedule.

Walking out of the Sect's gates once again, I made it outside. It seems that the sect can never hold me back from being a free bird.

or should I say a free wolf?

I take out a metallic mask with of different shades of orange, like copper, and like bronze.

...or should I say... a free savant?

Placing it on, I feel the comfort of the cloth and the firm fitting of the frame. My eyesight has been blocked somewhat but the thin layer on the eyes allowed me a short bit of sight. What truly matter were my other senses though, I became more sensitive to my surroundings.

I always wanted to experience those training arcs I see in shows, one of them being a blind combatant. And a person like me whose spiritual, olfactory, and auditory senses were extremely heightened, let's just say I can become the next Daredevil.

Taking some powder from my cloth bag, I take out a small portion of powder and spread it on my clothes. My new monster bait mix, not only does it act to attract beasts but it also functions both as a deodorant—thankfully not the pungent kind—and cologne, so now I smell of flower wine which held both an enticing and gentle scent.

Mixing both monster bait and flower wine cost me a good sum though. I should start earning everything back since I started borrowing money from my brothers.

Thankfully, I'm on a money making journey.

And that starts with a path of corpses.

 


 

It is a typical afternoon on the south gate of Sky Fall City, 4 guards were on two side, 2 pairs and backs apart. This part of the city is quite desolate but there were two usual classes of people that pass into these gates. One type would be villagers wanting to live in the city, as for the second kind.

"*yawn*", One of the guards caught an afternoon drowsiness due to standing for so long with nothing happening. Thankfully, he's going to be greeted with an icebreaker.

"Heavens, what am I seeing?", The sleepy guard snapped awake upon the stark voice of his companion. The former looks at the latter in confusion, from confusion it turns to surprise when seeing the source.

"Stop right there!", The once sleepy guard frantically calls out to a masked and robed newcomer. The approaching person is covered in fresh blood.

"Wait, isn't that him?", the other guard starts upon recognizing.

"What do you mean?"

"The lunatic who kept preaching about the glory of the Paragon? We heard it from the merchant an hour ago."

"Right, he killed several beasts on the way and scared a few villages too. If it weren't for the merchant rushing to the city in fear then we wouldn't have heard of him"

"Look, he's stopped... should we check him?"

The other guard nods, but then he didn't move, in fact, he gestured to the once sleepy guard as if to say, 'You go first'.

He did think that.

The first guard rolls his eyes and says, "Follow behind."

"Why are you covered in blood, Sir Immortal?"

"There we're a lot of annoying beasts coming at me, so I blew them up.", The masked person giggles out while revealing a pouch full of...something.

"...Sir, what if your purpose in Sky Fall City?", The guard asks warily while not liking the idea of an explosive item in the possession of a mysterious figure.

"I came to trade. As with whom, you shouldn't ask that, right?", The hooded person chirps out with the bare minimum.

"...report this to the higher ups, we can't stop him here.", The guard couldn't stop the strange outsider, so he let the person in while also whispering to the other guard.

"Let's hope he's actually here to trade..."

"Cultivators are really eccentric..."

 

Announcement

[Name: Gu Yue Li Yong

Body: Middle Body Transformation Lv.10/75

Qi: Mid Qi Gathering Lv.01/75

Soul: Early Soul Condensing Lv.01/75

Combat Technique: Iron Joints Combat Perfection, Ember Knuckles Perfection, Tao Dew Shield Lv.70/100, 26 Rock Forms Lv.8/100, Spring Gust Footwork Lv.18/100, Spiked and Bladed Lv.10/300, Flame Fume Fist Lv.10/300, Earthen Indomitable (Incomplete) Lv.12/53, Wind Cloud Steps (Incomplete) Lv.20/32

Body Cultivation Technique: Black Iron Scripture Lv.100/100, White Iron Scripture (Incomplete) Lv.13/69

Qi Cultivation Technique: Copper Gourd Lv.106/300

Darkness Pathway: Midnight Poet Lv.75/300

Nocturnality Lv.137/200

Night Vision Lv.137/200

Evening Spirituality Lv.142/200

Evernight Lv.137/200

Midnight Poem Lv.60/200

Spiritual Sense Lv.40/200

Heightened Senses Lv.44/200

Nightly Intuition Lv.60/200

Twilight Giant Pathway: Warrior Lv.47/100

Warrior's Physique Lv.34/100

Weapon Proficiency Lv.32/100

Armory Proficiency Lv.32/100

Combat Proficiency Lv.36/100

Death Pathway: Corpse Collector Lv.45/100

Corpse Characteristics Lv.34/100

Corpse Autopsy Lv.40/100

Spirit Vision Lv.26/100

Necrotic Resistance Lv.25/100

Paragon Pathway: Savant Lv.75/100

Knowledge Recall Lv. 94/100

Theoretical Processing Lv. 82/100

 Savant Experiment Lv.65/100

 Genius Aptitude Lv. 53/100]

2