Chapter 12: Surprise
332 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Grand Ballroom of the palace hummed with the cheerful energy of 50 agricultural experts mingling with the three princesses. Conversations and the clinking of glasses filled the air as the Representatives and King Jora completed talks of the trading routes and entered the Ballroom. Even in defeat, the Kingdom of Jordan seemed to take it in stride, the atmosphere remaining calm and composed.

The princesses were first to move, gracefully navigating through the crowd and engaging in pleasantries with the Experts. As King Jora and the Representatives made their way, the conversations grew louder, and the clinking of glasses more frequent. The excitement in the Ballroom was palpable, and the Experts and the princesses toasted to a successful evening.

Tera stood in the corner of the Ballroom, her arms crossed, face emotionless, and eyes dull as the unfamiliar guest droned on. But when her gaze shifted out the open window, her lips curled into a bright smile, and her eyes lit up.

Zeek was hovering outside with Lydia in his arms, and he floated in, landing just in front of them.

Tera studied their appearance, noting the different air about them before asking cautiously," Did something happen while you were out?"

Lydia blushed and buried her face in Zeek's neck as he set her down.

"Nothing much," He replied with a warm smile.

Before Tera could comment, the unfamiliar guest stepped forward.

Zeek's eyes traveled up and down the Man's gold and white martial arts uniform, the strange symbol over his heart momentarily catching his gaze. He squinted, trying to decipher the language, until the Man brushed his nose with his thumb and brought Zeek's attention to the X-shaped scar on his cheek.

"My new Gi is pretty nice, huh?" The Man said, brushing off his clothes and turning to Tera, a smug look on his face. "You left me and the Empire for this clown? You can do better than this shitty Kingdom!"

Zeek tilted his head in confusion while Tera furrowed her brow in frustration.

The Man continued," I won my first Match like I said I would. Isn't that enough for you? Please Come back, I love you."

Zeek finally spoke up," Who is your friend Tera?"

Tera sighed," This is the Hero summoned by the Empire, Yamcha, The normal Regular Average Human." Her words cut through the air like a sharp blade," I entertained him for a single night because I was bored, and now he won't leave me alone."

Yamcha puffed out his chest," Yeah, that's right! I hit it first, and that means she's my woman, so why don't you back off, punk?" His voice rose with every word.

Zeek gave him a look of pity," Sure." He said, a smirk playing on his lips as he continued," I'll give her back as soon as I give her what I promised."

Lydia turned to Zeek, her curiosity piqued by the secret he held.

Tera's face was aflame with embarrassment, her eyes silently begging Zeek not to reveal their secret in front of everyone.

"And what was it you promised her?" Yamcha said in a low, menacing voice.

Zeek moved closer to Yamcha and wrapped his arm around his shoulder in a friendly gesture, his words barely a whisper," I told her that I would breed her until she could no longer bear children. Apparently, She doesn't want anyone else's seed but mine. Crazy, huh?"

Yamcha's fist clenched in rage as he pushed Zeek away, his voice seething with anger, "Bullshit!" His eyes glinted with a murderous intent.

Zeek chuckled, trying to soothe his distress, and lied, "You're right. I'm just pulling your leg."

Tera scoffed and turned away in an attempt to hide her embarrassment, and Yamcha followed behind her, saying," He's lying, right?!"

Lydia tugged at Zeek's coat, her heart pounding as her gaze burned into him. She had heard what he had muttered to Yamcha and knew he wasn't joking.

Zeek leaned in close, his voice barely audible as he whispered, "Don't worry. You and Angela will be my first."

Lydia's cheeks burned like a furnace as she took a step back, bumping into Angela, who had appeared as if from nowhere. Angela caught her by the shoulders and shot a glare of daggers at Zeek, her voice laced with an icy venom, and her words carried an undeniable threat, "Your first what, Zeek? Explain yourself now."

He stood before them, his gaze shifting between them both. His voice was strong and confident as he spoke. "I want to give my virginity to both of you," he said with a wink.

His voice dropped an octave, becoming deep and seductive as he continued. "It's only fair that I take both of you at the same time, right?"

His blue eyes glinted in the dim light of the room, making the atmosphere seem electric. The air around them felt thick and heavy as if they were all sharing a secret. His lips curved into a mischievous smile, one that seemed to suggest all sorts of possibilities.

Angela's jaw dropped in stunned disbelief as a flurry of emotions filled her mind. She could almost see the scene in front of her, but the thought of it made her feel butterflies in her stomach, leaving her feeling vulnerable and exposed.

She attempted to hide her face, but Zeek pulled her closer, and as he did, a thick silence engulfed the Ballroom. All eyes were on the two blushing women, the crowd's expressions a mix of awe and disbelief. King Jora dragged his hand down his face, shaking his head in disapproval.

Zeek let out a smug smile as he swept the room with his gaze. "Oh, looks like we have an audience," he said, his voice ringing out across the hushed room.

Lydia chuckled, her blush fading, and she closed the distance between her and Angela. Taking her hands, she said to Zeek," We're going to go talk for a little bit. There are some things we need to discuss."

Angela was shaken from her trance, and she asked," What do you mean?"

The two women locked eyes, and Angela nodded her head in understanding, saying," Okay, while we're gone, please speak to the head Agricultural expert. He should be near father still." She said, pointing off in the direction of the king.

"Alright, I'll see you two later then."

.....

The Agricultural Experts were as knowledgable as their titles had implied; they talked about different techniques, and Zeek learned a few things about the way magic affects plant growth.

Zeek conversed with the head of the group, learning that many of their families hailed from Estaria, a place their grandparents had left after losing two tournaments ago.

They were pleased to return to the Kingdom of their ancestors. Zeek suggested they explore the fields in the morning and discuss with Michael how to make the best use of the farmland. Agreeing, they dispersed into the Ballroom, some retiring to their rooms to get settled in.

As Zeek made his way to the king and Jordan's representative, he could hear their discussion of politics and the upcoming tournament. King Jora noticed Zeek's approach and welcomed him with a hearty embrace and the smell of alcohol on his breath.

"Zeek, my boy!" he bellowed. "Kenny and I were just talking about the pairing announcement for the next match!"

Zeek's lips twitched as he stepped back, his eyes narrowing as he uttered, "Oh, is it that Guy Yamcha? The Empire's Hero."

King Jora scoffed, a deep rumble emanating from his throat. "No, no. He came here on his own after hearing that Tera wasn't returning to the Empire. The next Kingdom we will be against is Krober. I believe their Hero," he paused, his voice dropping to a whisper, "I believe they are also a Viltrumite. They haven't disclosed any of their past, so I still have my doubts, but from what I was told, she has powers similar to you."

Zeek took a step back, his mind in disarray as questions raced through his head. "Did they follow me through the black hole? Are they still hunting me? Maybe they aren't a viltrumite and just have similar abilities?"

He paused, a bothersome detail he had missed suddenly coming to the front of his mind. "Wait, did you say she? What's her name?"

King Jora stroked his chin thoughtfully. "I believe her name is Anissa."

Hearing her name was like a punch to Zeek's gut, the power of it reverberating against his ear drums. Anissa was a fearsome warrior, her tales of carnage renowned amongst the citizens of Viltrum. She was also one of the Viltrumites he suspected of being behind the purge. If it truly were her, that Kingdom would have been annihilated when she was summoned.

"I need to go." Zeek's hands trembled as he turned, his steps quickening as he moved away from the group.

"Oh, alright. Take care, Zeek.", said King Jora.

Tera and the twins noticed his face, a mix of distress and panic.
"Hey Zeek, are you okay?" asked Tera. But Zeek was too caught up in his thoughts to notice her, continuing on his path with purpose.

....

Zeek stared out into the cold, silent void of space, hoping that it would calm his overworked mind. But he was still shaken, knowing that another Viltrumite had entered this universe, and even worse, it was Anissa.

He laid back on the boulder, trying to clear his mind and take in the beautiful planet below him. "I think I could handle Anissa with a little more training. I'm more afraid of what she will do to everyone around me. She could wipe out an entire kingdom on her own if she wanted to." he thought to himself.

"Hello, Zeek. Did you think you could just run away?"

Just then, an unfamiliar voice entered his mind, startling him out of his thoughts. The only people he knew were capable of communicating telepathically in space were viltrumites. He sat up in a panic, turning to see a muscular, short-haired woman wearing a white uniform with the insignia of Viltrum on her chest.

Zeek furrowed his brow, "Anissa."

Seeing another Viltrumite made the memory of him killing his aunt and uncle, and the death of his parents resurface in his mind, and his teeth ground together. "How did you find me?" he asked.

Anissa's smirk curled her lips in a cruel grin as she replied, "Do you really think I need to explain myself to you?"

Her eyes twinkled with malice as she continued, "But I suppose it doesn't matter since I'm about to kill you." She smiled again, the expression cold and calculating. "As soon as you left Viltrum, I followed your trail in my ship. I honestly didn't think that Dinky Ship would make it as far as it did. And When you flew into the black hole, I thought you'd given up and killed yourself. So I made my way back to Viltrum to report, but Moments after you got sucked in, the black hole exploded, and my ship was caught in the quasar. When I came to, I was in a chamber surrounded by insects."

Anissa got in her fighting stance and said," Now, enough talking. Let's see what the so-called prodigy is truly capable of."

Zeek flew back, and Anissa followed with determination. Her experience gave her an edge against him, and she was fast enough to keep up with Zeek. He was too panicked to realize that she was closing in on him, and when she finally reached him, she tackled him to the ground.

Anissa delivered a series of powerful punches to Zeek's face, leaving it bloody and bruised. Blood trickled from his wounds and floated off his face, covering the space around them with a thick red fog.

She stopped her assault and gripped his throat, pulling him closer, her mouth twitching into a wicked grin. "I had already killed most of the arrogant insects who summoned me here and threatened them into following my command. It took killing a few hundred of them, but they eventually obeyed. After the first Match, I heard there was someone else with similar abilities, and it piqued my interest," Anissa said, her grip tightening around Zeek's throat.

Zeek punched her in the ribs, cracking a few of them.

She licked her lips, her eyes widening with sadistic pleasure. "I had some of my pets look into you, and I was pleased to find out that my luck hadn't failed me. Thragg will be pleased knowing I found the traitor. Especially a traitor who thinks it's okay to taint the Viltrumtie genes breeding with an inferior species."

Anissa's grip tightened even more, her voice low and menacing in his head. "It's a shame though. You'd be perfect to breed with. Maybe I should just kill your pets and make you mine."

"I won't let you touch them!"

Lydia and Angela's threat mollified Zeek, and he clamped his hands on Anissa's wrists, shoving her away from his throat. He wiped the blood from his eyes and spoke, " You Don't need to do this. I never planned to go back to our universe. Just tell Thragg you killed me and leave me here."

Anissa chuckled, her lips curling into a wicked smile. "No, I don't think so."

She lunged forward, her fists flying in Zeek's direction. Zeek, no longer in a state of sheer panic, was able to dodge most of her punches. His right eye was swollen shut, and he was having a difficult time blocking and evading her blows.

Anissa threw her fist forward, aiming for Zeek's jaw. With a crash, her knuckles connected with his face, and he stumbled back. Undeterred, he struck back with a punch to her gut, causing her to double over in pain.

Anissa's next strike was a success, her fist cutting through Zeek's side and sending a rush of adrenaline through his body. In a desperate attempt to survive, he charged Anissa, pummeling her face with his fists.

She used all her strength to push him away, and they went at each other with relentless ferocity, their fists tearing through flesh and bone. The fight lasted for an eternity, and as it came to an end, both of them were left hovering in a space of pain, their battered bodies soaked with blood.

Anissa's icy glare pierced Zeek as her words hung in the air, "You should have joined us in the purge. Your genes could have benefited the Viltrum race."

Zeek's fists tightened as a wave of anger surged through him, his voice quivering with rage.

"Fuck you! I lost everything. I even had to kill my aunt and uncle, thanks to all this Bull Shit!" He stepped forward, the gravel crunching beneath his feet, as he jabbed a finger at Anissa. "Just stay away from me and go back to Viltrum. I want nothing to do with any of you."

Anissa's face softened for a moment. She didn't think too deeply about killing the weaker Viltrumites during the purge, but having a Viltrumite of equal strength speaking like this made her think twice about the sins she had committed. She felt a tug of war within her.

On one hand, she wanted to spare him, while on the other hand, she wanted to follow orders and eliminate the enemy. The thought of having to end another strong Viltrumite's life weighed heavily on her mind and soul, as it was against her core beliefs.

Anissa's eyes gleamed with hope as she proposed, "Come with me! If we join forces, we can rule this world, and you can be pardoned and return home to Viltrum."

A wave of hatred washed over Zeek's face as his fists clenched tightly, "I'd rather die than go back there." His voice reverberated throughout her mind, echoing his words of defiance.

" Well, I guess it doesn't matter when I kill you since we will fight each other in two weeks anyway. But if you change your mind, let me know." She floated away, back to the surface of the planet, her heart heavy with the knowledge that she was about to go against her morals and do something she'd likely regret.

Zeek clenched his teeth and staggered toward the surface of the planet, one trembling hand pressing against the wound on his side. Despite Anissa's decision to call off her pursuit of him, he knew their confrontation was far from over. 

Memories of Angela, Tera, and Lydia flashed through his mind. He felt a surge of determination rise inside him as he gritted out, "I'm not going to let them take everything away from me again."

11