Chapter 1
214 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Darkness. 

Silence.

That is all there is in this dark void with no light or sound. I have been floating in this void as an orb of light for days or may be years.   

Why I am an orb of light? 

Well, the answer to that is I simply died, and the orb is my soul.

My name is...... well I can't recall what my name is. But I remember how I get here I am a marine captain or was since I am dead now. 

Me and my men were assaulting the headquarters of a terrorist organization, when we find the leader of the terrorists, we surround him and I ordered him to surrender but he glared at me with a crazed look in his eyes and shouted, "Nothing will be able to stop our cause we will rule the world no matter what!"

Beep... BOOM!!! 

I was too late to realize that the terrorist leader had activated a time bomb before we reached the room. 

Because of that lunatic me and my team was blown to bits. 

Didn't that idiot know that he needs to be alive in order to conquer the world, he can't do that if he is six feet under. 

And this is why I am a damn orb of light floating in literal nothingness.

I really feel cheated. I mean, I fuckin saved the world by getting my ass blown along with that terrorist, and I am stuck in this void as a reward.

I should be sent to the heaven to enjoy the rest of eternity in peace but no. Someone decided that it would to a brilliant idea to throw me in an empty void as a joke since my domain expansion is also a limitless void. I demand refund!

Suddenly a blinding flash of light manifested in the void which startled me and before I could comprehend what was happening, I was engulfed by the light. 

...

I gasped, greedily devouring as much air as I can. Filling my body with much needed oxygen. 

My body is hurting all over and I can't seem to move it. 

Struggling to move my limbs or even by head, I was hearing strange voices all around me. 

Hands are touching me to move my arms and legs to clean my body with soft cloths.

Did I somehow survive the explosion? I hope the military is not conducting experiments to turn me into a cyborg.   

I struggled to open my eyes, but I was able to do it after a moment. My vision was a little blurry for a moment but soon it become cleared enough for me to see a giant woman holding me.

'What the actual Fuck!!!' I screamed by all that come out of my mouth were the sound of crying. 

'What the fuck is going on here!!!' I am losing my goddamn mind. I was better off staying in the void, this place is crazy, why are there giants here that are cleaning my body.

While I was busy panicking, the giantess that was holding me said something before handing me to another huge woman. 

I looked up and saw a black-haired woman looking at me gently and lovingly with her green eyes.

'What?' I thought, I was completely dumbfounded, why is she looking at me like I am her child. The woman then turned her gaze to her side, I followed her gaze and saw her holding an infant in her other arm similar to how her was holding me. 

The baby looked at me with its green eyes that are identical to the woman who is holding us both right now. 

Before I would think something else the giant woman holding me murmured something in a soothing voice. Hearing her voice caused me to relax and close my eyes.

With my eyes closed, I focused on her voice to understand what her is saying. 

"My firstborn son, you shall be called... Vidar." My eyes snapped open. I looked at the woman and saw her looking at me before turning her gaze away from me towards the baby in her arm, "And you my daughter, we shall call you Hela." 

I can feel her arms tremble from exhaustion as she handed us to the other women in the room.  

It was my hobby to read comics, manga and other stuff whenever I was off duty so I have read about all this reincarnation trope but never in my wildest dreams I through that it would be real. 

And what's with these names Vidar and Hela, mom, do you want us to get bullied in school? Because kids always make fun of these find of names. You might as well put Odinson as last name, if you are such a comic book nerd.   

Suddenly the room was filled with the shouts and crying of women which halted my train of thoughts, I whip my head to the side to see what is happening. My eyes widened as I saw a tendril of pure white mist-like energy leaving her body and going towards my twin sister. The white energy was absorbed in the body of my baby twin sister.

I think only I am able to see the energy tendril because the women in the room are running around like headless chickens trying to find out what is happening to my mother.

When the energy stopped leaving my new mother's body, I watched her slumped on the bed and her beautiful green eyes are now staring lifelessly at me and my twin's direction with a small smile on her face. 

Seeing her look at me and my twin like that caused my heart to throb in pain for some reason. 

I don't understand this feeling. I had lost my people close to me before, but why does my heart hurts so much for someone whose name I don't even know. 

Is it because she is my mother? 

Overwhelmed by emotions, my infant body begin to cry. I also caught glance of my twin wailing for the loss of our mother.  

Soon my tear-filled eyes started to grow heavy and without realizing I fell asleep. 

...

When I wake up from my slumber after being born, I found myself being held by an unknown blonde woman who I am sure was not my new mom. Looking around, I spotted my twin sister being held in the arms of a brunette. 

It was nighttime and the sky was looking so enchanting that I can't believe that it was possible for it to look so marvelous like this.

As I was admiring the stars, my attention was drawn towards the crowd of people, a man wearing golden armor who step forth while holding a bow and flaming arrow, I watched as he knocks the arrow before releasing it, the flaming arrow travels and landed on a small boat that was floating towards what appears to be the waterfall at the edge of the sea. 

Right when the small boat nears the waterfall, the man in golden armor took a golden spear from a person standing behind him and smashes the spear against the pavement, the burning boat instead of falling down the waterfall started to rise up as if ascending to the heavens. Soon small orbs of light started to ascend in the sky from the boat.

The crowd of people that was gathered near the port released the lanterns they were holding the moment they saw the orbs of light coming out of the boat.

I watched this mesmerizing and sad spectacle, as thousands of lanterns flying in the night sky adding to its beauty. I can tell that this is a funeral and the one in the small boat was my new mother.

I had previously thought that I have just miraculously been reborn in some random fantasy world but after seeing this magical sight before me, I can confidently say that this is not just any world. I have seen a similar scene like this before in a movie and from everything I have seen so far there is only one conclusion I can come up with at the moment with my common sense, I have been reincarnated in another world, and I just happened to know which one.

It's the god forsaken Marvel universe!!!

How can I be so sure?

Well, one doesn't need to be a rocket scientist to determine that fact. Look, first of all, my new name is Vidar and my twin sister's name is Hela which extremely similar to Norse gods. Secondly that guy in golden armor, I bet my money that he is Odin, my new father and lastly, if I turn my head to the right side, I can see the fucking rainbow bridge!! 

It must be MCU or some other similar reality, if this is not the case then this must be nerd heaven for Marvel fans in which I am reincarnated in.  

While watching the whole funeral, I was pondering about what the future holds for me, it is very unlikely that I was reborn in this reality due to pure luck. Some kind of GOD or higher being must have brought me into this universe for reasons I am not privy of. However, one thing I am perfectly sure about is that my second life is not going to be an easy one. 

...

It's been 15 years since I was born in this reality, and boy was I right about this life not being an easy one. 

After living here as an Asgardian royalty, I can totally understand why Hela in MCU turns out like she did. 

My esteem father does not even know about the P of parenting. Hell, this guy should not be even allowed to go near children.

When me and Hela were 4 years old, one day all-daddy thought it was time for us to start our training as warriors and ordered a golden-haired Valkyrie named Hildegarde, to train us.

When we meet Hildegarde at first, I thought that she was a gentle and kind maiden, however that opinion of mine quickly got changed when she showed her true colors by mercilessly putting us through harsh training, like running hundreds of miles or fight with a variety of weapons and beating the shit out of us daily in spars. 

I have done rigorous training before while in military in my previous life, but this woman showed me what it truly means to completely break one's body and then rebuilt it.

One day Hildegarde told me and my twin that we were not durable enough and that it needs to be changed. Then she proceeds with literally grinding our bones to dust thought her ruthless beating in order to make our bodies adept to the harsh training and grew stronger.   

Though even after all the shit Hildegarde put me and Hela through, we don't hate her or anything. Well, I do not plot her murder every day before going to bed unlike my sister. Yeah, I totally don't, it's all Hela.  

Now another point I would like to add why dad is not the father of the year despite literally being the All-Father is that when me and my sister were merely 5 years old, he ordered us to execute the prisoners. In his word, "They are Asgard's enemies, and it is our duty as royalty to slay anyone that threatens the safety of Asgard. Now behead all these criminals." 

Odin said this to us like a father telling his children that we should wash our hands carefully every time before eating. 

Sometimes I wonder if Odin wants us to become monsters. I mean, what else do you think will happen if you give two toddlers weapons and taught them how to kill before they can even understand what is right and wrong. Of course, they will turn out to be psychopaths.

Anyways, aside from training our bodies, we are also improving our minds as part of our royal upbringing.

Upon turning six-year-olds, father ordered us to take lessons from Lady Vor and also start attending the academy. 

Lady Vor is the goddess of wisdom and the keeper of knowledge in Asgard. She was also Odin's teacher when he was young which means that she is as ancient as they come. However, her fair skin, white hair and blue eyes that makes her look like she is a young woman in her early twenties.

I wisely choose not to call her old on her face, but my sweet innocent sister was not aware just how dangerous and scary women can get when you comment about their age. 

"Wow, you must be pretty old for your hair to be this white, lady Vor." Hela said with a look surprise on her face.

As soon as those words left Hela's mouth the temperature in the room dropped instantly.

Seeing Vor's face darkened, Hela quickly realize that she was in trouble and bolted towards the door but sadly she was not fast enough to escape Vor's wrath who turned Hela into a frog using Seidr. 

"You should not run your mouth unnecessarily girl, it will get you in trouble." Vor scolded Hela with a stern face like she didn't just turn the princess in a frog.

From that day Hela is always careful around Vor, and behaves like a proper princess whenever she spots Vor in her vicinity.  

Now talking about my sister Hela, she is a real genius and quite a competitive girl, she started to walk and speak shortly after observing me when we were barely a year old. That can tell just how competitive she is. Though she was really cute as a toddler always try to get my attention or making me play with her. 

She is no like the evil goddess of death I had seen in the movie or in the comics. From my point of view, my sister Hela is just a girl who is trying her best to gain the approval and praise of those around her by trying her best to prove that she is better than others.

Hela above all desires father's praise and approval, she always lights up like a Christmas tree whenever Odin notice her effort and praise her, which happens extremely rarely as we don't see Odin a lot as he is always busy with his duties as the ruler of the Asgard and protecting the nine realms, but he does summon us to have dinner with him on some occasions. 

I know that father will start a war to conquer the nine realms which will change Hela causing her to grow ambitious and more bloodthirsty, ultimately resulting in her banishment. However, Hela got me as a brother, and I will not let her go down that path. And even if by some chance she still turns evil then I will not let that old bastard imprison her in Hel. She is the only sister I have in both my lives as I was an orphan in my previous life So, if I have to burn the very Yggdrasil down for her sake then there is nothing that will stop me from doing so.

 

 

 

8