Prologue
43 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I open my eyes and observe nothing, absolutely nothing, or at least that's what this absolute darkness showed me.

—What's going on? Where am I, and why can't I see anything? —When I moved I realized my body felt light, it took me a while to realize I was floating. This only confused me more, I couldn't understand why I was floating in a place wrapped in darkness.

—Calm down, Javier, remember what you did before arriving here.

 

I got up when I heard my alarm turning it off to start getting dressed, already ready, I went downstairs to eat the breakfast my mother prepared for me. After finishing breakfast, I said goodbye to her and went to school.

The day at school went completely normal, boring classes and, at recess, being totally alone, when the bell rang, I went straight home. On the way, I heard a cry for help coming from an alley. It made me a little curious, so I went to see what was happening.

When I peeked into the alley, I could see two men mugging a woman.

—Don't try to resist, just give us everything you have, and you can leave —said one of the thieves as he brought a knife to the woman.

—No, please just let me go —the girl said as she backed away in fear.

—Woman, you better cooperate and give us everything you have, you're in a dead end alley and no one will hear your screams if something happens to you —said the other thief.

I was still peeking, watching this whole scene with an expression of disgust, I wondered if I should go help the woman or leave here. After thinking about it for a while, I decided to help the woman, I couldn't just stand there watching without doing anything. The first thing I did was call the police, after giving them the address, I came out of my hiding place to distract the thieves until the police arrived.

—Hey, you two, what the hell are you doing to that girl? —I said, approaching them.

The two thieves turned when they heard my voice, I could tell they were not at all happy that someone had interrupted them.

—Hey, kid —he pointed the knife away from the girl and towards me— it's better not to get involved in matters that don't concern you.

—Yes. It's better to turn around and leave if you don't want to get killed —said the other thief.

Inside, I was a little nervous, but I just had to distract them until the police arrived, and that's what I was going to do.

—I won't leave here until you leave her alone —I demanded.

—Then you're looking for trouble —he said fiddling with his knife— so if you want us to leave the girl alone, come and face us.

—No, I don't think you guys are a big problem —I said confidently.

Suddenly, sirens could be heard in the distance.

—And even more so now.

—You!!! —both thieves said very angry.

Without thinking twice, one of the thieves lunged at me and tried to punch me, but I managed to dodge it and put my foot in his path, causing the thief to fall flat on his face.

—Be careful! —the girl warned.

Before I could do anything, I felt a stabbing pain in my back. When I turned around to see what was happening, I saw the other thief stabbing my back. In pain, I took a step forward and then turned around and grabbed his hand that had the knife and bent it.

This made him drop the blade and scream in pain, I took advantage of this to punch him in the face which knocked him down, and with him already on the floor I gave him a strong kick to the gut.

When I turned to look at the other thief, I heard a gunshot, and immediately started feeling a lot of pain in my chest. When I looked at it, I noticed a lot of blood coming out. I suddenly started seeing everything blurry and feeling very weak, to the point I couldn't stand, falling to the floor. As I was starting to lose consciousness I saw the police arrive, feeling very happy knowing everything I did was not in vain.

 

—So I'm dead, —I said skeptically.

—What will become of me now, I will have to wait for them to take me out of what I suppose is limbo, I have so many questions —I said calmly.

—Do you want answers to those questions? —said a mysterious voice.

—Yes plea— at that moment I realized something was wrong.

—Wait, who is talking to me and from where are you doing it!! —I said looking around everywhere.

1