Chapter no.4 System
170 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Read advance chapters of all my works or want to support me .

https://www.p.a.t.r.e.on.com/Adamo_Amet

....

Join us on discord : 

https://discord.gg/DXv2nkTB

••••••••••••••••••

[ Name: Nie Li ]

[ Status: Peasant ]

[ Cultivation Level: White Soul Realm ]

[ Physique Level: None ]

[ Class: None ]

[ Race: Human ]

[ Health Points: 10 ]

[ Soul Force: 5 ]

[ Battle Power: 21 ]

[ Class Features: None ]

[ Allies: None ]

[ Equipment: ]

- [ Worn Torn Clothing ]

[ Description: Born to a farmer in the Heavenly Marks Family, a young boy harbors ambitions far greater than his humble origins suggest, along with a deep secret. He carries the burden of memories from a past life, where he witnessed the destruction of Glory City. Faced with the daunting task of altering destiny, he must navigate his new life's challenges. Will he succeed in preventing the catastrophe he once saw, or is history doomed to repeat itself? ]

As Nie Li's gaze swept over the glowing words before him, a mixture of astonishment and concern washed over his face. 

Taking a moment to steady himself, he found a spot to sit, his eyes locked on the peculiar window floating in mid-air. 

It felt surreal, like a vivid dream he couldn't shake off.

With a deep breath, Nie Li tried to calm the whirlwind of thoughts swirling in his head. He raised his hand tentatively, half-expecting it to interact with the window somehow. 

It was as if the system sensed his inner turmoil and sought to provide solace through clarity.

[ Name: This term refers to how non-player characters (NPCs) in the world address the player. ]

...

[ Status: This represents the player's standing or rank within the game world. A higher status unlocks more opportunities and benefits. ]

...

[ Cultivation Level: This indicates the player's level of spiritual power, achieved through the practice of cultivation. ]

...

[ Physique Level: This signifies the level of the player's physical prowess. ]

...

[ Class: This term describes the player's chosen role or profession, each with its own unique abilities and play style. ]

...

[ Race: This refers to the player's species or ethnic group, each with its own set of natural abilities and characteristics. ]

...

[ Health Points: This number represents the player's vitality. If it drops to zero, the player is considered dead or incapacitated. ]

...

[ Soul Force: This measures the quantity of spiritual energy accumulated in the player's dantian. ]

...

[ Battle Power: This number quantifies the player's overall strength or combat effectiveness. ]

...

[ Class Features: These are the unique abilities and advantages that a player gains by choosing a particular class. ]

...

[ Allies: This term refers to companions or friendly characters that assist the player in their journey or quests. ]

...

[ Equipment: This encompasses the gear, weapons, armor, and other items that a player carries or wears to enhance their abilities and protect themselves. ]

Impressed, Nie Li scanned the information displayed on the system window, his eyebrows lifting in surprise. 

"Hmm, that's useful," he thought, but his mind quickly filled with questions about what to do next. 

Despite understanding the system's power, Nie Li was at a loss on how to actually utilize it.

"Nie Li! Come down for breakfast." 

The soft creaking of the old wooden stairs accompanied Nie Li's descent towards the dining room. 

Each step brought familiar sensations – the slightly worn-out edges of the steps, the cool morning air drifting in from the windows, the homely scent of aged wood mixed with the tantalizing aroma of breakfast. 

His home, while modest, was a sanctuary of warmth and comfort. 

The walls were adorned with faded tapestries that had seen better days, and the furniture was minimal, with visible signs of wear. 

Yet, every nook and cranny held memories, and the love that filled the space was palpable.

Upon reaching the dining room, he paused momentarily, taking in the scene before him. His father, Nie Ming, sat with a straight posture, his burnt orange hair complementing the rugged tan of his skin. His hands, calloused from years of labor, gently held a bowl. 

The small beard he sported gave him a mature charm, and his eyes held a depth of experience and wisdom. 

Beside him sat Nie Kai, Nie Li's jovial uncle, laughing heartily at some joke, his voice boisterous and full of life.

Nie Li's gaze shifted to his aunt Miao Ling, who was animatedly discussing something with his cousin, Nie Yu. 

At the center of it all was Xiao Yun.

The breakfast spread was a humble yet hearty affair. 

There were bowls of warm congee, its subtle aroma filling the room. 

A platter of youtiao or fried dough sticks, sat golden and crispy, ready to be dipped into the soy milk beside it. 

Plates of steamed buns, some filled with savory pork, others with sweet red bean paste, were generously placed around. 

A pot of green tea, its steam dancing in the morning light, completed the meal.

Nie Li just sat down, the weight of his thoughts anchoring him to the chair. 

A mere few hours ago, he had resigned himself to death five years into the future, a bleak acceptance that everyone he loved was gone. 

And yet, here he was, somehow back in time, sharing breakfast with his family.

Everything felt surreal, happening too swiftly for him to even grasp his own feelings. 

As he watched his family interact with the usual morning cheerfulness, a sense of disorientation washed over him. 

Is this really happening?

His heart was a tangled mess of gratitude and confusion. 

Being here, in this moment, felt like a dream he feared would shatter at any moment. 

The laughter, the conversations, even the clinking of bowls and chopsticks, all seemed too good to be true.

I was ready to let go, to accept that I had lost them all. And now, to have them back like this... 

The warmth of the room, the love emanating from his family, it all felt like a balm to the wounds of his soul, yet the fear of losing them again lingered, casting a shadow over his newfound joy.

As he mechanically reached for a steamed bun, his actions felt detached, as if he were watching himself from afar.

The familiar flavors, which should have brought comfort, only heightened the surrealness of his situation. 

"How do I move forward from here?" he pondered, caught between the past he remembered and the present that felt like a gift too precious to believe in.

Do I dare hope that I can change their fates? That I can protect them this time?

Seeing his son enveloped in silence, Nie Ming couldn't help but wear a comforting smile. He reached out, plucking a dumpling from the plate and nudging it towards Nie Li. "Don't worry too much, son," he said, his voice carrying a blend of warmth and reassurance. "Everything will be alright. Don't let these negative thoughts weigh you down."

Nie Li looked up, locking eyes with his father. A soft smile emerged, pushing through the storm of feelings inside him. His father might not have realized it, but his words were a soothing balm to Nie Li's troubled heart. 

"Don't worry about the soul realm ceremony," Nie Ming said gently, his voice enveloping Nie Li in comfort. "You didn't get to choose it. Some things are just out of our hands, and it's better not to stress over them."

Nie Li gave a nod, a thought crossing his mind. 

My father thinks I'm worried about the soul realm ceremony. If only he knew the half of it. 

The soul realm ceremony, huh.

Nie Li remembered the humiliation he faced during his first attendance at the soul realm ceremony. 

The disappointment, the whispers, the looks of pity... But here was his father, reminding him that his value wasn't tied to something he had no control over.

As his father's comforting words sank in, Nie Li glanced at the system window that only he could see. 

"Will it be different this time, or will it be the same?" he pondered, the question echoing in his mind. Just then, a bell rang in his ears, startling him. The sound wasn't from the dining room but seemed to come from somewhere far off, or perhaps from the system itself.

The world around Nie Li suddenly shifted. The once vibrant and warm ambiance of the room turned to shades of grey. 

Every object, every person was frozen in place, as if time itself had stopped. 

Nie Li's eyes widened as he took in the peculiar sight, the very air itself seemed stagnant, the droplets of tea mid-pour, Nie Ming's smile arrested halfway, and Nie Yu's hair stopped fluttering from her last playful twirl.

Suddenly, a blueish-black window materialized before him, hovering in the air with ethereal translucence. Nie Li hesitantly leaned in to read the text that was prominently displayed.

[ Narrative Point Detected ]

[ Path Selection Required ]

[ Option 1: "I will be the most talented in the Heavenly Marks Family." ]

[ Option 2: "Don't worry, I know I am talented." ]

[ Option 3: "It doesn't matter what my soul realm is." ]

A ticking sound punctuated the stillness, and Nie Li's gaze darted to the corner of the window where a countdown began.

10

Confusion and curiosity gripped him. 

"What is this? What's going on?" he whispered, but the room remained silent, offering no answers.

9, 8...

With each ticking second, the weight of the decision pressed upon him. What did this mean? Would this choice influence his reality?

5...

In a moment of panic, Nie Li quickly tapped on the first option.

[ Option 1. I will be the most talented in the Heavenly Marks Family. ]

The moment he did, the window vanished as swiftly as it had appeared. Time surged back into motion, the grey faded, replaced by the room's warm hues. The ambient noise of his family's conversation, the clink of cutlery, and the soft rustle of clothing all resumed.

Nie Li's sudden declaration seemed to have caught everyone off-guard. Nie Ming chuckled. 

"My boy, always so confident! Declaring you'll be the most talented in our family? You truly have your father's guts."

Nie Li blinked, his thoughts racing. 

Did I just... respond out loud with what was written on that screen?

11