Chapter 1: Earth and the Inspector’s Transportation
91 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

International Territory, Manhattan New York City 2035

"Berlin, the Capital of the European Union is on the brink of collapse under the hands of the Demon Army. After the American forces left Europe, the Demon Army was taking over different cities in Europe and now it seems that sooner or later the Demon Army is going to take over Berlin and London too..."

Listening to the Latest news on the radio about the ongoing war happening in Europe, Kazuto Minamoto sighs as he laments about the current situation that befallen the world. Kazuto Minamoto was supposed to be a normal police officer of Japan not until the great tragedy that happened. 15 Years ago, with the sudden appearance of the Gates, strange creatures from another world began pouring into Earth attacking different nations and destroying Governments and Cities in the process.

This sudden influx of unknown enemies crippled many Armed Forces and hence led to the United Nations General Assembly to enact Protocol 315, this meant the creation of a Unified Armed Command under the banner of the United States, European Union, Russia, China, and other Major Powers to lead the attack against these unknown forces and liberate Territories conquered by them. Kazuto Minamoto, after witnessing the horror of such attacks joined and became an Inspector of the Unified Armed Command- Military Police Division.

In the beginning, the Unified Command saw early victories against these strange creatures reclaiming 40 percent of the total conquered lands not until the being that called himself the Demon Emperor and his Generals appeared from the gates. Using unknown powers, the Demon General destroyed half of the forces of the United Nations and now threatens the bastion of Mankind itself, the UN Headquarters in New York City. 

 

"Sigh...in the end, all those sacrifices and bravery were all for nothing. In the end, we didn't stand a chance" (Kazuto)

 

Looking at the window in his rundown office overviewing New York, he saw civilians running to the nearest evacuation sites in preparation for the impending battle. Some of them, helped Military Installations fortify defenses and take up arms themselves even amidst the hopelessness of such a situation. Dejected on seeing the once bustling New York City turned into a battleground, Kazuto smoked on piece of cigarette on his table lamenting the work that needed to be done ahead.

While lamenting, he heard a knock on his door. Opening it was a man of Military Fatigue, of Hindu Origins, Captain Arjun Daksh.

"I didn't expect to see you entering my office old Friend, not in such clothes that is" (Kazuto)

"Times have changed Kazuto, circumstances lead me to be on guard and battle ready" (Arjun)

"How So?" (Kazuto)

"Have you heard the News? the Demon Army have annihilated the American North Atlantic Fleet, leaving 150 thousand Soldiers in the bottom of the Ocean...or they were turned into undead by one of those demons" (Arjun)

"...and to think that I am no longer surprised about such a thing happening" (Kazuto)

"Me either... us getting this far was a miracle in itself, was it due to Human Perseverance or just the Demon Army's Inexperience... either way we still didn't stand a chance... I called my family earlier today, they said that Varanasi is holding pretty strong against the demons and that the Indian Army is pushing them back" (Arjun)

"I see, I do not want to be optimistic about it though, we have already seen such things happening from time to time, only for such hopes to be crushed when the Demon Generals came into our fronts" (Kazuto)

"What about you Kazuto? Have you contacted your family yet?" (Arjun)

"No...since the news of the fall of the Japanese Government a month ago, I haven't been able to contact my family" (Kazuto)

 

While talking to each other, they were suddenly interrupted when the sirens in the city began to ring, and loud explosions could be heard in the distance. Suddenly, A man donned in a Police Uniform entered the office.

"Inspector! Request Permission to render a report, sir!"

"What is it Sergeant?" (Kazuto)

"Sir! The Demon Army has begun its invasion of the United States, The Military Police Division is tasked to proceed directly to the front line to support the troops in the defense of New York and ensure the safety of the civilians trying to flee Sir!"

'Sigh... so this is it... Arjun, it seems like we have to postpone such chitchats to a later time" (Kazuto)

"It seems so, take care Kazuto" (Arjun)

"You too Arjan" (Kazuto)

Before they were able to depart the Office Building, Strange runes appeared below the Inspector, marked with unknown writing and power, all of those near the Inspector were pushed aside, killing the Sergeant and Injuring Captain Arjun. Captain Arjun, surprised by the sudden development, tried to reach out to the flabbergasted and confused Inspector.

"Wha-what is this?! I'm Burning!!!!! Arjun You gotta Stay Away From Me!! Auuuggghhhhhhh-----" (Kazuto)

As Kazuto screamed so hard due to the burning flame that engulfed him, Captain Arjun stared blankly, only to scream the name of his hopeless friend.

"Kazuto!!!! Kaaaazzuuuutoooooo--"

And with that, Kazuto's vision began to darken, with only the screams of his old friend lingering in his mind before losing consciousness.

Announcement
Hey everyone, I'm a newbie in this whole writing stuff, so if there is anything that you see in need of correction, do be sure to comment it. Thanks :)) Minor revisions might happen from here so yeah sorry

 

 

 

 

 

0