Chapter 10: The two jewels
152 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The moment Claire appeared, Lilith felt confused, she didn't understand why she had arrived at that moment.

When Lucas turned his gaze towards her, Claire leaned towards Lucas and hit his head knocking him unconscious.

-Claire!

Lilith shouted

Valery, who was a few meters away from her, asked confused by the attitude of her servant.

-Lilith! What's wrong with your servant? Wasn't she your ally?

Until that moment Lilith has had several arguments with Claire, but she never did anything to hurt her, she always helped her and protected her, but now, that same Claire just knocked Lucas out for no reason.

She is angry and confused

-Claire, what's wrong? Explain to me?!

Claire turned her gaze back to her, but immediately carried Lucas on her shoulder and ignored her.

Seeing that she is ignored Lilith generates a water cage around Claire, trying to stop her, however Claire just stretched out her hand and the water cage disappeared.

Valery, who had been a spectator so far, kicked the ground and ran towards Claire with the intention of incapacitating her.

But even before she could get close small drops of water formed around Valery, sensing imminent danger she stopped and turned her gaze towards Lilith before jumping back and retreating.

-Has something!

Lilith came out of her stupor and chaotic feelings arose in her heart, she wanted to kill Claire for attacking Lucas, but she also felt betrayed by who she thought was her best friend.

Lilith raised her hand in the air and a water stake was generated over her head, it was 3 meters long, she instantly lowered her hand with force having all the intentions of impaling Claire against the ground, she had special control not to hurt Lucas in the process.

However Claire turned towards her and dodged the water stake with ease.

Almost immediately a flare of fire shot out towards the place where Claire would fall.

Valery had attacked indiscriminately, the rage that was going through her head was so much that she couldn't even think that she could hurt Lucas.

Claire looked towards the two women in front of her and with a snap of her fingers, two pillars of water were generated over their heads crashing to the ground, crushing Lilith and Valery in the process.

*Boom* *Boom*

Valery and Lilith were forced to fall to the ground by the mass of water above them.

-Claire what's wrong with you!!!?

Lilith was still shouting angrily hoping to get an answer from her servant and friend.

-Damn it...

Valery cursed helplessly on the floor.

Claire looked down at the two women on the ground as they were crushed and held by two pillars of water above them.

-...-

She averted her gaze and kicked the ground away from the scene with Lucas on her shoulder.

-Shit, how do I get out of here?

Lilith struggled trying to get out, but the more strength she used the more pressure she felt on herself.

On the other hand Valery ignited her body in flames, but it was useless, she couldn't evaporate even a single millimeter of water on her.

-Shit!

After a few seconds the water pillars disappeared releasing the two women on the ground.

Lilith and Valery got up quickly with the intention of chasing Claire, but Lilith didn't feel a single trace of her.

-Lucas... Lucas....Lucas....-

Slight murmurs begin to come out of Lilith's mouth, her lost gaze looking into the void.

Suddenly Valery hits Lilith in the head making her react.

-What the fuck are you doing?!

Valery hits Lilith repeatedly, she was frustrated and wanted to hit someone, no one better than the master of the maid who had taken Lucas away.

-Tch!

She clicks her tongue and walks away from Lilith.

Valery wanted to insult her but that wouldn't solve things, the only certainty he had was that Lucas wouldn't die since he is Lilith's chosen one.

Lilith tries to calm her chaotic feelings and sets her mind on finding Lucas, but for that she first has to go back to her home in hell, since it was Claire who took him and she can't think of any other place she would take him to

But going back to hell is not as simple as going and asking nicely, there are rune circles that are used to travel between worlds, but these are heavily guarded and not everyone has access, you need a special permission or the consent of one of the 7 main families to use them.

-Well...

Lilith is filled with determination and starts to move, but she is stopped by Valery.

-Do you know what to do?

-I have an idea.

Lilith takes out a silver emblem with a leviathan carved on it.

-I'll have to go back.

Valery sighs in exasperation and looks towards the moon, before answering

-I'm coming with you.

In case things get complicated, two "Jewels of Avernus" should be enough to mediate any situation that could arise, is what Valery thought.

That's how important the "Jewels of Avernus" were in hell.

-Why would someone from the Belial family help someone else's chosen one?

Lilith asked, feeling annoyed with Valery.

-There is no rule against it, if two "jewels of the underworld" want to, they can share a chosen one.

For a moment Lilith's mind went blank, but instantly a mass of water began to form around Lilith.

-So you're going after my man, bitch?

-Don't be stupid Lilith, you must be aware that with my help, it's more than safe for Lucas-" Lilith clicked her tongue and said.

Lilith clicked her tongue and the water around her vanished in the air, sighing heavily, she begins to move, but she is visibly angry.

-First let's go to my house.

Said Valery walking next to Lilith.

-What for?

Lilith asked confused

-I need to pick up something that will help us.

Lilith reluctantly accepts and they start moving towards Valery's house.

***

A few minutes have passed since they started moving towards Valery's house.

-We are almost there.

They were near the urban area north of the city, in a place where mansions are commonly seen.

Lilith lives in the eastern part of the city and Lucas in the southern part.

-Your excessive tastes-

That's what Lilith thought when she saw the mansions around.

All the mansions were white and absurdly big, they were surrounded by high iron fences, natural grass covered the front of the mansion, followed by a few trees in a circular shape, they also had a marble statue in the shape of a Lion roaring as if it was welcoming the visitors.

-I see it very normal.

-It is not.

Lilith stopped moving when she felt that something strange was near her, Valery stopped when he saw her.

-What's wrong?

Valery asked

-There are 5 guys nearby, they have a disgusting presence.

Lilith said looking towards a certain mansion 50 meters away.

-That's my mansion....

Valery was tired and didn't want to have to mediate with annoying visitors.

-So someone sent attackers towards us....

She can't deny that there are several people who could have done it, however, for none of them it is feasible that "the jewels of the underworld" would be harmed.

The mere fact of being able to become an enemy of a powerful family, is not a profitable option, especially when it comes to the 7 families of hell, it is said that the head of each family has a contract formed with an ancestral beast, from ancient times

The Leviathan family as the name says, would have a contract with <<Leviathan King of the Sea>>.

And it is said that the Belial family has a contract with the <<Celestial Dragon King of Dragons>>.

However these are speculations and rumors spread by the supernatural world.

-Although in a way it seems more like a warning, if they really wanted to kill us, the guys from before would have been more powerful-

Was Valery's thought

-I can't deny that.

Lilith shrugs her shoulders and looks towards Valery who is looking towards the mansion.

-A direct entrance I guess, even if there are 5 of them I don't think they are more powerful than the previous ones, with us 2 it should be more than enough.

Said Valery convincing herself, on the other hand Lilith wanted to finish the matter quickly so she could go back and meet Lucas as soon as possible.

-It's your house, you go first.

Valery laughs at what Lilith said and takes the lead.

They moved towards the entrance of the mansion and they can see the iron gates that have been destroyed.

-What is the need of having to destroy things?

Valery said as he saw the inside of the mansion.

The door to enter the mansion is destroyed, the walls are cracked and some of them are crumbling.

-Didn't you have servants?

Lilith asks

-Yes, but they are new and I don't know them very well.

-...-

Lilith is silent for a moment before answering.

-Strange, isn't it?

Valery turns his gaze to Lilith, it seems that she thought so too, sighed heavily and went in.

They walked along a stone path in the inner garden, which led to the destroyed door to enter the mansion, but before they could get there they were surrounded by 5 hooded silhouettes that had a noticeable bloodlust directed towards them.

-They are the same ones eh?

Lilith could recognize their presence and when she had them in front of her, she confirmed it.

-Have you seen them before?

Valery asked without stopping paying attention to the beings in front of them.

-We saw them in a church a short time ago".

Lilith creates 8 spheres of undulating water that float around her, Valery covers her arms in fire getting ready to fight.

--Let's begin-

Said Lilith and Valery at the same time.

3