Chapter-28 Hunting & Gathering
71 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The rustling sound continued. The grass in that area was more than four feet tall and almost reached the lower part of my chest. The rustling sound started to come closer, so I took a step back while being vigilant, and soon something came out from behind the tree.

I looked at the newcomer, who was just a small rabbit once again. It was barely one foot tall and looked like a normal animal. It looked harmless, but I decided not to drop my guard. It started to walk toward me slowly with its ears perked up.

I hurriedly probed its details and soon felt a chill upon my skin. It was a level 3 rabbit, obviously not a normal rabbit. It was a wolf in sheep’s clothing. Just as it was 10 meters away from me, it revealed a growl and red teeth.

It jumped at tremendous speed toward me. I was already prepared for the attack after looking at its stats. I knew it was just acting cute to make its enemy drop their guard. I used deflection and the rabbit went flying back, hitting the tree and started to scream with anger.

Before it even had the chance to stand up, I teleported to its right side and swung my blade with full force. My blade easily passed through its body and cut the rabbit in half. It felt like cutting paper. I exclaimed, witnessing the power of the blade.

I had expected the blade to be powerful, but this was literally beyond my expectations. Slowly, I was gaining an understanding of the actual power of my spatial spells. Even though it was not a direct attack with any kind of spatial spell, the blade made out of space easily cut through the monster.

Just as the rabbit fell on the floor, it started struggling. The blood was green, the same as in the virtual world. In a couple of seconds, the rabbit stopped moving and I received a notification from the system. I hurriedly stored the body of the monster in the inventory and looked around once again.

I thought about chechking the mana stone in the rabbit’s body but decided to postpone that thing after I leave the forest. There was no time to waste in this deadly place.

The rabbit had let out a huge cry which could lead the other monsters to the place. I looked up, but the branches of the trees were higher than 100 meters, so there was no chance for me to teleport there. I hurriedly left in another direction and soon found a place to stop.

I called out the system panel in my heart and soon a blue screen appeared in front of my eyes.

[ Congratulations Host for killing a monster for the first time ]

[ 100 Bonus exp rewarded ]

[ Level 3 Monster Killed ]

[ 30 exp gained ]

I looked at the notification and read the notifications. I had gained 30 exp from killing a level 3 monster. I could guess the amount of exp from the high-level monsters in the future. I had gained 100 exp as a bonus for killing a monster for the first time.

I felt nothing when I killed the monsters in the virtual world, but now that I had started thinking about the actual killing, I started to feel a bit dizzy. My body was on adrenaline at that time, so I didn’t realize, but now I could feel something wanted to come out from my mouth.

I sat down under the tree and took some deep breaths. After calming down, I headed to find more monsters to kill. I wanted to get over these feelings because I was going to kill a lot of monsters in the future. So, I needed to be prepared and get used to it. That was the actual way to survive in this world.

Monsters weren’t the only thing that I needed to be wary of; humans were included in that list. As the world changed, the awakeners started to kill other people for fun, which caused a lot of destruction. The government took a lot of time to stabilize the situation through a long effort.

Many different organizations were created at that time that were working from the shadows and killing humans and doing all sorts of crimes. I didn’t know the name of any organization because the website had labeled it as unknown, and normal people were refrained from talking about this.

After shaking my head to clear away my thoughts, I started to walk around and soon found an herb that was listed in the mission description. Just as I brought my hand closer to the herb, it started to move and something tried to approach my hand, I hurriedly teleported from that place and appeared almost twenty meters away.

I looked toward the herb and a snake was coiling around the herb, protecting it like it was some kind of treasure which was useful for him. I probed its details and it was a level 2 monster. It hissed toward me like it was asking me to back away from that area.

I looked at the snake and used my old tactic, which was to teleport behind it and cut off its head from the back. The process didn’t even take a second and the snake’s head went flying. Just as I was looking at the snake, something struck me from behind and I went flying away.

I rolled on the ground for a bit and stopped more than ten meters away. I hurriedly got up to look; it was the tail of the snake. The remaining body of the snake was still moving and swinging aimlessly. My whole body was hurting from the last attack.

I touched my back and hissed with pain, realizing there was a wound and blood was flowing through that area slowly. I looked toward the herb where the snake’s tail was moving. The herb was going to be damaged due to the close swinging of the tail, I teleported on top of the snake’s body and started to cut it into pieces.

Soon there were numerous pieces of the snake on the floor and it stopped moving. I stored the pieces of the snake and the herb. I hurriedly left that area. After I left, more than a dozen snakes came out from the ground and started looking around. After hissing for some time, they left in the same direction toward me. Of course, everything was unknown to me at that time.

I ran for some time and found a tree which was a bit smaller than the others. It had numerous branches. But the lowest was at least 100 meters high. The ground area was not safe for me. I thought about something and brought out my blade.

I pierced the blade into the tree and it with a little effort. I felt glad and looked upward. I teleported fifty meters upward and again pierced the blade in the tree. I was hanging fifty meters above the ground. I took out my blade and used teleportation before I started to fall.

After using the same tactic, I reached the lowest branch which was more than 2 meters thick. I sat down on the branch and scanned the surroundings. There was nothing dangerous for now. I sighed with relief. I opened the status panel to take a look,

[ Status ]

[ Name: Alex Void ]

[ Race: Human ]

[ Magic Power: Space ]

[ Bloodline: **** (Dormant) ]

[ Talent: Level 1 ]

[ Rank: 1 ]

[ Level: 2 ]

[ EXP: 280/1000 ]

[ Strength: 20 ]

[ Defense: 20 ]

[ Speed: 20 ]

[ Intelligence: 20 ]

[ Stamina: 20(5) ]

[ Life Force: 20(-5) ]

[ Magic Power: 30 ]

[ Mana Core: ∞ ]

[ Mana: 300(130) ]

[ Stat Points: 0 ]

[ System Skill: Analyze ]

[ Spell: 0 ]

I looked at the exp war which was quarter full after the two killings. I looked below and saw my stamina which was a few points reduced. My life force was reduced by more than five points after that hit from the snake while my mana was almost halfway used. I closed the panel and activated the cultivation technique.

Soon my wounds started to heal themselves and my mana tank started to refill itself. It didn’t even take half an hour for me to recover completely. I got up from the tree and jumped down. When I was almost 40 meters above the ground, I teleported and appeared on the ground. I looked around and started heading deeper into the forest.

7