Chapter-31 Absorbing Mana Cores
83 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I thought about opening my status panel and soon a blue screen appeared in front of my eyes,

[ Status ]

[ Name: Alex Void ]

[ Race: Human ]

[ Magic Power: Space ]

[ Bloodline: **** (Dormant) ]

[ Talent: Level 1 ]

[ Rank: 1 ]

[ Level: 5 ]

[ EXP: 350/15000 ]

[ Strength: 50 ]

[ Defense: 50 ]

[ Speed: 50 ]

[ Intelligence: 50 ]

[ Stamina: 50 ]

[ Life Force: 50 ]

[ Magic Power: 90 ]

[ Mana Core: ∞ ]

[ Mana: 900 ]

[ Stat Points: 0 ]

[ System Skill: Analyze ]

[ Spell: 3 ]

I was able to reach level 5 after three days of hunting, which was a huge achievement for me, considering I only had a level 1 talent. I was glad that Senior Julia wasn’t able to see through my rank. She would have been shocked if she could see my mind-blowing progress in just a few days.

Reaching the middle stages of the Rank 1 Mage in only three days was only possible if I had a level talent and a huge amount of resources. But she knew about my talent and my poor background. There was no way I could have gained something like that on my own.

The system had assured me before, but I was still skeptical about it. There were too many things in the world that could see through one’s rank. There were some powers that worked like the Analyze skill and could read the stats of another person.

I would have to be wary of these kinds of people. Those types of powers can only be found in the unique hall. I decided to never go to that hall unless there’s an emergency. I shook my head and focused back on the screen. My bloodline was still in a dormant state. I wondered when it will awaken and what kind of benefits I’ll achieve.

All my stats had reached 50 points, which was the threshold of reaching the later stages of Rank 1. Right now, I could be considered quite well in Rank 1 Mages. I can easily kill a level 7 monster, but I was not sure about the humans.

Not every monster had the ability to analyze the opponent and use tactics. But that was where the difference lay between humans and monsters. Humans could think and use different tactics to defeat higher level mages than them.

It all came down to the extent of your own ability to think and use that to your advantage. I hadn’t fought any mage as of yet. I was thinking about trying myself in the virtual tower tomorrow. There was a duel option in the world.

I looked at my magic power, which was at the brink of reaching the peak of Rank 1 Mage. As long as I can increase my level just by one, my magic power will truly reach the peak. I shook my head and looked at all the details.

After going through everything, I closed the panel and activated the cultivation and decided to sleep. The relaxation that was brought by the safety of this house was immense, and I soon drifted to sleep. Due to my tired mind, I was able to sleep all the way to the next 12 days.

I woke up and stretched my body with a long yawn, and went to take a shower. After coming out from the shower, I headed toward the empty room, which was used for cultivation and I had never used that room even for once.

I looked around in the room and mana density was still higher than the outer area. After looking, I rubbed my hand expectantly, thinking about what I was going to do. I had delayed this for many days, but now I was finally going to see it in person.

I opened my inventory and looked at the number of items stored in it. I looked at them one by one and finally decided to bring something out. Soon, a level 5 monster corpse appeared and fell on the floor with a loud thud.

It was the body of a wolf that had reached the mid stages of the rank 1. Its body was huge, which had the same size as a jeep. I looked at the dead wolf and smiled excitedly. Its neck was half cut from its body. I wasn’t able to clearly cut it completely due to the speed of the wolf.

I looked at it and used the spatial blade spell. Soon a blade materialized out of thin air and appeared in my hand. I went closer to the dead wolf and pierced his body close to his chest. After making a hole, I could see a shiny stone inside. It was the mana core of a level 5 monster.

The mana core of the monsters was in between their chests. I brought out the core from its body and held it in my hand. It was bloody, but it was giving a cold feeling upon touching. I clenched it slowly to check its hardness.

[ Ding ]

Suddenly, I heard the magical voice of the system in my head. I hurriedly opened the system panel, and a notification was shown on the blue screen floating in front of my eyes.

[ Mana Core detected ]

[ Permission to absorb mana core ]

[ Yes ] [ No ]

[ Note: System will absorb the mana core and turn it into experience points ]

‘’Hahaha. It really is as I was expecting’’

I started laughing after reading the system’s prompt. I had thought that the system would be able to absorb the mana core, probably turning it into experience points for me. There was no way for humans to absorb the mana core of the monsters as they were impure.

One needed to remove the impurities to absorb the mana, and the best way was to place them in the formations. This cultivation room also had a formation, which could store mana cores and then turn it into pure mana for me to absorb.

But absorbing mana from the surroundings gave me only a few points of exp. I hurriedly clicked on yes, and soon the mana core started to melt and was absorbed in my palm. After entering my palm, it disappeared completely, and another row of notification appeared in front of my eyes,

[ Mana core absorbed ]

[ 10 exp points gained ]

‘’Wha..aa..t’’

I exclaimed looking at the amount of exp. The mana core of a level 5 monster only provided me with 10 exp points. I was expecting 50 points from the mana core, but reality was different than my expectations once again. I hurriedly asked the system,

[ When the host kills a monster, all the life force is absorbed by the system and turns it into the experience points. System doesn’t absorb mana core directly from the monsters. There will be future functions that will allow the host to gain more exp points from the monster ]

I read the system’s notifications and sighed. I could understand the working of the system. It’s not like I had no idea about it before. The system needed me to touch the mana core to absorb it personally. But the life forces of the monsters were directly absorbed by the system in my body without alerting anyone.

If the system was absorbing mana core directly, then mana cores would disappear from the corpses, which would be quite suspicious. So, I can’t absorb mana core without taking them out from the monster’s body. I shook my head and stored the monster’s body once again.

After thinking for a moment, I decided to absorb all the mana cores inside rather than selling them to the academy. It took me a lot of time to absorb the mana cores from all the monsters. In total, I was able to gain more than 700 exp points after the absorption process.

Due to the process, my clothes were drenched with blood. I decided to take a shower once again. After wearing the uniform, I checked my phone and there was a notification from the academy. I opened it and realized that it was for the submission of a successful mission yesterday. That mission had given me 100 academy points, which was a good start.

According to Senior Julia, I needed 10,000 academy points at the very least to get access to tier 2 in the library. I would have to complete a number of missions to get that many points. It was going to be a very long grind for me.

There was a fastest way to reach that goal, which was to complete some high level and dangerous missions. But the academy wouldn’t let a newcomer like me have permission to accept those kinds of missions in the first place.

6