Chapter-34 Selling Loot & Another Round of Hunting
48 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meanwhile, when I reached the mission hall building, I could see a number of students going in and out. Just like last time, there were a lot more students in this place. I probed the details of a few and found many elemental and bloodline mages among them.

All of them were strong, ranging from Rank 1 to Rank 5. I marveled at their stats. Even with my power, Rank 5 Mages here would be able to easily overwhelm and kill me. They also had a higher amount of magic power than me.

I entered the building and looked around for a moment. There were many counters, each with screens displaying missions to choose from. There were many missions available, matching the number of takers.

After looking around, I understood the process to choose a mission from this place. All you had to do was select a mission from the screen and then input your details using the communication watch’s scanning option.

Soon, I found another place where many staff were dealing with the students in buying the monsters' corpses. I found an empty desk where a female staff member was sitting. Now that I looked around, all the staff workers here were females, which was odd.

I guessed females were better at these kinds of chores because the workers here had low talents and ranks. I went toward the desk and explained my reason for coming. She then led me to a separate room, which looked like an underground basement due to its huge size.

Along the way, I probed her details and found out her name was Percy, which was quite an odd name for a girl. I shook my head and followed her silently to the room. She looked at me and said, "You can drop all the monsters at this place that you want to sell."

I nodded my head and poured the bodies of the monsters on the ground. All of them were Rank 1 monsters, but the quantity was huge. I checked the girl’s reaction, but she was calm as usual. I guess she was used to seeing this, which made me sigh with relief. I didn’t want to do something eye-catching.

I guessed this amount was still not very big in the eyes of the workers. She took a device from her storage and clicked something. Soon, a light shone and scanned all the monster bodies. The number of the corpses displayed on the screen of the device along with the level of the monsters.

I was amazed by the technology once again. They could even check the strength of the monster, which they categorized into levels just like the system. I looked at the number, which was pretty accurate to what I had in my mind.

Soon the procedure was complete, and I was given the rewards for selling the corpses, which was obviously the Academy Points. I looked at my communication watch, and different digits were shown on the screen.

After selling all the monster bodies I had, I was able to gain more than 150 points. I could see that killing monsters was the best and the fastest way to increase the number of AP. Actually, I was able to kill more monsters because of my huge mana reserve.

It was obviously very difficult for a newcomer of Rank 1 to kill that many monsters in just three days, and they also needed time to cultivate to get strong. If I talk about in the system’s language, they needed to level up only by cultivating.

‘’While I could kill two birds with one stone, rather than calling it stone, I think I should call it blade. Yeah, blade is better, I was killing two birds with one blade.’’, I thought to myself and headed back to the Hall. I needed to teleport to that dimension once again.

Why I called these killing two birds with one blade was because I was getting points and exp at the same time by killing monsters. I reached the hall and teleported to the dimension once again with Senior Julia’s help.

When I teleported, once again, I landed at the same place as last time. I was in a familiar place where I had killed the rabbit first time. This time, I was more relaxed because I was kind of a veteran hunter now. I had stayed there for three days and killed a number of monsters.

Just like last time, I was going to enter the same area to find and hunt. I had calculated before, my level was 5 currently. I needed more than 13k exp to reach the next level. The highest level of the monster that I was able to kill was a level 7.

If I acted carefully enough, I was able to kill a level 8 monster too. Of course, that was just my theory, and the only way to confirm that was to try it out in real by myself. I thought about it and decided not to take that risk for now. For now, what I needed to do was to reach level 6 as fast as possible.

By reaching level 6, my mana reserve would be enough to actually battle a level 8 or even 9 monsters and safely escape if there was going to be any danger. I opened my status panel and looked at the current amount of exp.

[ EXP: 1050/15000 ]

‘’So, I almost need 14k exp to reach level 6.’’

I said to myself. Level 6 and level 7 monsters were going to give me 60 and 70 exp points respectively. According to my calculations, I would have to kill more than 180 monsters of that level to actually get the required exp to reach the next level.

I shook my head and closed the status panel. I started walking and headed toward the area where I could find late Rank 1 stage monsters pretty easily. There were many areas filled with same kind of monsters which I avoided as they always stay in groups.

4