Chapter Two – I was born, again
41 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well, let's recap.

My life ended by believing I was a superhero and saving my sister's life, and unfortunately it doesn't look like I'm going to be reincarnated into something extraordinary as I would like.

I have been seeing a small light for about two hours now, it seems that now, and then it gets a little bigger, but almost nothing. I know that this light means something important, but I don't know what it is.

I'm just standing here waiting for it to increase in size while I play in the little space around it, move my hands and try to get closer to the mini light with my head.

It's quite an interesting position, my head tries to reach the light to find out what it is, but the rest of my body seems to be floating in a very small space...

Shit!!! How did I not notice before, I'm stupid, I have a body?

I started to move a little, I could feel my legs and my arms. My head seemed a little big, I tried to pass my hands in front of my eyes, but everything was blurry. Apparently, I could only make out the light, I couldn't see it, I could only feel it if I could say that.

Let's see, let's see... all these years of experience and I hadn't noticed what I'm going through, I'm a fucking baby and that light I'm feeling must be the birth canal I'm supposed to go through.

Damn, births can last too long, hours of suffering for the mother. Maybe if I try to get out it won't take so long, how will this be done?

In my other life, I was born by C-section, this is going to be the first time. Well, I'll just go into the light, I'm sorry mother, but waiting is boring.

I tried as hard as I could to move my head towards the light, and it started to get bigger, until after almost an hour of trying I pulled my head out while I heard the typical "push".

Finally, I was born, and many hands were held, it seemed like a typical birth, after they checked me they took me to my mother's arms.

- "Hello, beautiful," - She said.

- "She is very beautiful," - Answered another voice. Of course, I am beautiful, I know it even if I don't see myself right now. - "She looks a lot like you."

- "I don't think so"

I moved a little, these people have a very soothing voice, and from what I could tell it was English, what a beautiful tone.

Some hands took me and tried to separate me from my new parents, I started to cry but not before trying to hold my mother's hand, who was holding me. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to stay with her, they were supposed to help the attachment of a baby and its mother, I'm sure they separated me much earlier.

They took me for typical newborn check-ups and then left me in a crib, I fell asleep, it was tiring to be born. After I don't know how long, they took me to my mother, I still hadn't finished opening my eyes, so I assumed I was in the typical hospital bed, maybe with congratulatory balloons waiting for me. This remembering my past life could be good for me, I could be a super smart baby, and I will be the new Matilda.

I felt my mother's arms, I guessed, and she held me in them for a while, playing with my little hands. After a few minutes, I decided to squeeze one of her fingers with my hand, it was small and not enough for much more. There was a knock on the door, they wanted to go into the room.

- "Come in" - Answered my mother.

- "Hello," - Answered a familiar voice, - "How are you both? "

We are excellent seriously, try to pass a watermelon through a lemon, and you will know what it feels like, what a stupid question.

- "We are excellent" - Typical answer - "If you want, you can grab her."

- "Of course, I want to, won't I drop her?"

Don't you can't drop a newborn baby, don't pass me to him, I'm going to die again, and I couldn't even open my eyes completely?

- "Of course, you're not going to drop her" - How much confidence in him, woman - "Here"

I passed to other arms that for my luck he did not let go of me to fall straight to the ground, I guess my mother was right to trust him.

- "You've done excellent Chris"

Wow, wow, so that's my father's name.

- "I just took it, you did all the work really" - Uh, well said 10 points for Gryffindor - "She's just like you, Emma."

Well, I already know my parents' names, let's move on.

I played with the man a bit, but I got hungry and started crying, again I was in Emma's arms, and I heard a different voice, I guess a nurse had come in to explain how I should breastfeed. I fed myself, when I finished someone else came into the room, I wondered what the visiting hours of this place were.

- "How are you, Miss Emma?"

- "I am well doctor, thank you"

Well, it's a doctor, you will tell my results of all the newborn tests.

- "Good to hear it, we have all the test results here" - Ha, I'm a genius - "It's all good" - All good, all right - "The results are pretty good, have you already thought of a name for your baby girl."

- "Yes, we decided, a long time ago" - Chris answered.

- "We were arguing about the name for a while... but we came to an agreement"

Excellent, I will have a new name, please, please don't let it be a weird name.

- "Elizabeth Charlotte"

An interesting name, with an interesting meaning, the first one is "She to whom God gives health" or "She whom God has helped". And the second is "small and feminine". How did I know it? I was present at many births in my other life.

While my parents were telling the doctor the meaning of my name, I started thinking about what other names I would have liked. Alice is a nice name, Calypso sounds cool, Alessia, I think it means defender of humanity, it would have been beautiful for sure. But I think they picked a great name.

My parents said the same meaning I already knew for my name "Elizabeth Charlotte" but then they asked a question that caught my attention.

- "When can we go home"

Dear Emma, that's a beautiful question, I hope it will be soon.

- "You should be leaving in about two days" - Said the doctor - "We have to go through some paperwork and tests on your little girl."

- "I understand, thank you" - Chris replied.

The two days passed too slowly for my taste, but I had managed to open my eyes completely and that made me happy, I hated not seeing. The three of us were in the room waiting to be discharged, until the door opened, and the doctor came in with a nurse.

- "You can go now" - He said while Chris signed some papers - "Everything is great, in fact, it even seems that your daughter understands everything we talked about" - Well it's obvious dear, I'm not stupid - "It's impressive."

- "She's going to be a very smart girl"

I am Emma, I am.

- "Well everything is ready, let's go" - Yes Chris, take us out of the hospital, I want to see the world again - "Ready my dear, from now on you will know the world"

When he said that, I couldn't help but laugh... or what a baby can do when she's only days old.

The days passed quickly, I discovered quite interesting things, for example, the personality of Emma and Chris, it seemed a very stable relationship, with so much love that if it wasn't because I was a month old I probably would have gotten diabetes. I would say, I would throw up rainbows, but humans can't, although throwing up I did, and I did several times on the shoulders of one of them, however, it wasn't because of their tokens of love.

My new parents seemed to be a completely normal, normal couple, first timers in the care of a newborn, a little young to already have their family formed, but well... There is no age for love, right?

However, something happened when I was a month old, something quite strange. Chris received a call, he was talking for a few minutes and when he hung up someone rang the doorbell. My father made a face of annoyance and resignation, opened the door, and received a box with some papers, which he took and put on the table near me.

- "Emma, we have a new 'mission' " - He sighed.

- "What?" - Answered my mother - "I thought we would have more time to enjoy ourselves with Eli" - She took some papers and sat down to read them quietly, I watched her from my typical baby seat, with a doubtful face.

You can see the face of a baby with doubt, 'It's a big question... I mean Elizabeth.'

I looked at them for a few long minutes, there were too many papers, and they were reading and reading.

Great, for sure my parents must have huge paperwork "You didn't do your paperwork last night Chris" and now I can only watch them read because the papers are too far away for me to see.

By Odin, those papers never end, as I was complaining about not being able to read the information, I started to think about what happened earlier. "Mission" Maybe they were talking about filling out papers, but I don't think they said that word to fill out and file papers, besides everything that came to them seemed quite organized, separated in folders that had a bird on the cover, the bird looked familiar but well I couldn't see it at all since it was far away.

Moving on, what was it that my father finished his call and after a few seconds he was handed a thousand papers, something quite strange in my opinion. Also, how is it that Emma understood everything with a simple word like the one Chris said?

While they were talking, I noticed something else interesting that was nearby, my milk. I tried to reach for it, but come on my arms are shorter than a T. rex's of course I won't reach my food any time soon. So, like any good baby I did what I had to do to get food, I cried.

With tears in my eyes and throwing a tantrum, I managed to get them to care about me and feed me, point for me. Unfortunately for me, none of them approached me with the folder, so I couldn't read anything they would have brought, but I had food, I guess I still won.

Once my needs were taken care of, they sat at the table talking while they watched me.

- "Clearly, we can't refuse," - Said, Emma.

- "Are you sure, maybe we can ignore this mission"

Wow, Wow, that word again, I looked at them to continue their conversation.

- "No, we can't this time" - Sigh - "You know that."

- "I know" - He looked me straight in the eyes and approached me - "My little Eli... I think we're going on a trip" - A cool trip, you're taking me on vacation with you. I laughed a little and raised my hands toward Chris - "What do you think about going to Sokovia" - I stopped looking

Come on, Sokovia, you never saw Avengers, well I've got a month? I can't object, can I?

The next day my parents started to get ready for the trip, I saw how they were putting clothes and lots of baby stuff in a big bag, I guess that's my suitcase.

While they were doing that, I noticed an outfit they had never put me in before, it was a Pikachu pajama. Well maybe this is revenge or karma, "sorry, not sorry Tom" I don't regret anything I did.

Anyway, I'm a baby, everything will fit me, right? What year is it, if there's a Pikachu costume, it means it's still "famous" for the yellow mouse.

In my past life, I was born in 1999, I was shot in 2030, and I didn't live a long life, but I did what I could. I guess we are a few years after 2030, I wonder if I could meet my family again, it would be cool and fun, and maybe I would meet my niece or nephew.

While I was thinking about that my parents had finished packing for the trip and changed my clothes, I guess it was a pretty rushed trip. After a few hours, we left for the airport, and on the way, I met my parents.

Emma was a pretty woman, with blonde hair, and green eyes, she had curves where they should be which made her look quite sexy. Chris had black hair as well as his eyes, and he had a well-built body, as I looked at him, I noticed that he didn't have double eyelids and his eyes were almond shaped. Wow, Chris, it looks like you have Asian ancestry, I like it, I like it.

When we got out of the car I noticed more things, he was quite a bit taller than her, maybe he was 6'5" or something like that, on the other hand, my mother must have been over 5'6", that brings me to a pretty interesting average, maybe in this life I will get to be tall.

We sat down at the airport, or well they sat down and waited for them to call us, then I noticed something that left me quite intrigued. The people around had some pretty old cell phones, I thought that had already been passed from generation to generation years ago, but everyone seemed to use them. New fashion? Who knows.

In a few hours we headed to the plane and boarded it, then I noticed that everything looked quite old. So to speak, from the last century.

I tried to figure out why everything seemed to be from another era, but well, babies sleep a lot, and being a baby again just made it clear to me that I had to follow the same rules... after a few minutes I fell asleep and the last thing I thought of was Maria Hill's sentence to the Capsicle. "Sokovia has a... violent history; it's not special, but it's in the middle of important places." Let's hope we do well on our family trip.

I woke up a few times on the trip but would fall asleep again. In the end, on one of those times, I woke up again we had reached our final destination...final destination, I hope it doesn't end up the same as in the movie.

I was fed and fell asleep again... babies only know 3 things "eat, sleep, and go to the bathroom" and that was proving 100% right now.

I woke up tired from the trip... why was I tired if I slept through it? Great question, I was just tired of doing nothing, or so I assumed.

We settled into a fairly small building, my parents seemed a little nervous when we arrived but as the days went by they got over it, I found out I had neighbors and they were kids. How did I know? I just heard my parents talking about some kids downstairs.

As the days went by, I noticed something even more impressive... My parents could speak Russian, how interesting, besides many other languages, I never heard them speak Spanish so when I grew up I would tell them that I learned it without their help... ironic since I already knew it... but I couldn't stay as the one who couldn't speak different languages in the family, right?

After about three weeks I noticed something that left me confused and even worse, completely out of place. And this was the TV that was in the mini house, a used one from the 90s, approximately.

The next thing was a newspaper that was left near me, my parents were talking about the events of the last days, something 'new' so to speak... I looked at the diary next to me, it clearly said March 12, 1999.

Damn, was that the year I was in? Really? I always thought that when I reincarnated it would either be in a different world or it would be in a few years after my death... not the same year I was born in before in a normal world. Well, I guess I can look on the bright side, I'm sure I would do great in my studies, after all... it's the same story, isn't it?

We'll see what fate has in store for us.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f536f634461554d5f62434b4563513d3d2d313237393937383632312e313735326431623233663162386462363131393139373738393836302e706e67?s=fit&w=1280&h=1280

1